HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Manny a Jacket (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=29967)

Laches 11-21-2003 08:51 AM

Manny a Jacket

http://www.bluejackets.com/news/press/arts/1749.0.html

Brooklyn Ranger 11-21-2003 09:42 AM

Good luck, Manny. Hopefully, third time's the charm.

klingsor 11-21-2003 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Good luck, Manny. Hopefully, third time's the charm.

Same here.

I SO want this guy to succeed.

Bluenote13 11-21-2003 09:52 AM

I think this is good. A fresh start where he doesn't have to feel like the youngest most inexperienced of the bunch, that might make a difference.

DLaCouture39 11-21-2003 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klingsor
Same here.

I SO want this guy to succeed.

I think this guy even though he might not score alot of points, I feel he will be wearing the "A" in the future. He has good leadership for a young hockey player.

klingsor 11-21-2003 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLaCouture39
I think this guy even though he might not score alot of points, I feel he will be wearing the "A" in the future. He has good leadership for a young hockey player.

I hope so, but I'm much afeared that Edge is correct and that the Rangers' treatment of his developmental years may have ruined him.

Lundyfan 11-21-2003 10:27 AM

Best of Luck Manny. I hope you have a great career with the Jackets. I too hope the Rangers didn't ruin you forever.

Kodiak 11-21-2003 10:50 AM

Here's hoping they actually play him. Best of luck to my former namesake.

Vito Andolini 11-21-2003 10:52 AM

I think Columbus will be a good fit for Manny. It's a place where if he plays well he'll get a good share of ice time on the top 3 lines. The kids only 23, and its not too late for him to become what a lot of us think he can, especially with the kind of heart he has. Who knows, maybe we'll see him in Rangers blue in about 15 years.

Barnaby 11-21-2003 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vito Andolini
I think Columbus will be a good fit for Manny. It's a place where if he plays well he'll get a good share of ice time on the top 3 lines. The kids only 23, and its not too late for him to become what a lot of us think he can, especially with the kind of heart he has. Who knows, maybe we'll see him in Rangers blue in about 15 years.

He'll be in Ranger blue making 6 mill a year when hes 34... Gee I cant wait ;)

RushingRocket 11-21-2003 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vito Andolini

No, it is too late, don't you know? If a guy isn't a star by his third professional year in hockey, he's a bust. ;)

klingsor 11-21-2003 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RushingRocket
No, it is too late, don't you know? If a guy isn't a star by his third professional year in hockey, he's a bust. ;)

That's not what it's about.

Plenty of guys take time to become good to great players but it's like a graph that continues to improve. Ratelle didn't make it till he was 25.

Manny not only wasn't given time to develop but was so jerked around (through no fault of his own) that his game may be less than it was when he was 18.

Laches 11-21-2003 12:24 PM

He went pretty early if the Jackets took him, I wonder how many other teams put in claims for him. A lot of the articles speculated that he was unlikely to be taken due to his 7-figure salary.

Columbus is a good fit. Manny is a project at this point. Big forwards often take longer to develop, and when you've got a guy like Manny who has lost out on key development time, it's going to take longer.

Here's what Doug Maclean said about it:

"Manny is a solid two-way centerman who has great size and speed," Columbus general manager and coach Doug MacLean said. "He's played with two veteran heavy organizations during his career, so this is a great opportunity for him and for us to see what he is capable of."

This is likely it for Manny, if he doesn't make the most of this opportunity, I don't know that he'll get another shot, at least not for a while.

RushingRocket 11-21-2003 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klingsor
That's not what it's about.

Plenty of guys take time to become good to great players but it's like a graph that continues to improve. Ratelle didn't make it till he was 25.

Manny not only wasn't given time to develop but was so jerked around (through no fault of his own) that his game may be less than it was when he was 18.

Yeah, I was making a tongue-in-cheek reference to opinions about Lundmark. I wish Manny all the best and think he can still be a good player, like an Arnott type