HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Some notes from the Canadiens sponsor supper last night (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=299986)

Canadian_Brewtality 10-13-2006 07:18 AM

Some notes from the Canadiens sponsor supper last night

Every year until the 2009 season, the Canadiens will honor an original six team on this date. Dec 4 is the original inception date for the Canadiens.

I was at the sponsors supper last night, met with the whole team, got pics with everyone and had some nice conversations.

Highlights were definately meeting Saku, Ninimaa (metal head), Souray, Rivet, Komi and Downey. Super nice guys.
But I gotta tell you meeting Lafleur, Richard, Beliveau,Cournoyer, Houle, Gainey, Carbo....were just moments Ill never forget.
Even Bouillon was there and looked in good spirits.

Mr Boivin is a very passionate about the team, and its good to see him very committed to winning.

I wont go into too much details about the convos I had, but lets just say Huet is starting tomorrow night, but im sure you all knew anyways.

Le Tricolore 10-13-2006 10:28 AM

What exactly is the original six thing? It mentions it on the pocket schedule, but everyone I've asked so far had no idea about it. What will they be doing?

BORAT 10-13-2006 10:35 AM

just give us details

JMMR 10-13-2006 10:38 AM

The tickets for that game if you are a season ticket holder are ENORMOUS!
I would imagine they present the team with a framed photo of a classic game invite a few ex players from older eras to do a ceremonial puck drop and show a video before the game!

Canadian_Brewtality 10-13-2006 07:08 PM

Boivin just said they would honor the teams, not sure exactly what he meant.

ALso he said they would plan many events before the 100th season.

Markov looked miserable. Didnt speak to anyone. I know he dosent speak much english but damn, at least try and look happy.

Beliveau was great, such a classy guy. Telling old stories and just glowing with pride his team.

tinyzombies 10-13-2006 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality (Post 6752367)
Boivin just said they would honor the teams, not sure exactly what he meant.

ALso he said they would plan many events before the 100th season.

Markov looked miserable. Didnt speak to anyone. I know he dosent speak much english but damn, at least try and look happy.

Beliveau was great, such a classy guy. Telling old stories and just glowing with pride his team.

He might be having personal problems. I know he had a rough year last year with his dad's health and his own injuries. He certainly hasn't played well this year at all.

Can't be any fun doing promo work in another language too. That would suck big time.

wade 10-13-2006 09:57 PM

show us pix

didouche 10-13-2006 10:59 PM

seriously:banana:

Ghost of Saku 10-13-2006 11:07 PM

He cannot send you pics because you shall all die of envy at the mere sight of his abnormally mr.potato-like-looking head.

But seriously dude, enough with the habs, how was the FOOD?

:sarcasm:

jordi 10-14-2006 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr_sanch (Post 6754568)
He cannot send you pics because you shall all die of envy at the mere sight of his abnormally mr.potato-like-looking head.

But seriously dude, enough with the habs, how was the FOOD?

:sarcasm:

Must've been bad, he doesn't seem to want to talk about it.

Canadian_Brewtality 10-14-2006 09:15 AM

hah there was creme of esparagus soup which was good. Some sort of Cold smoked salmon, which was very good. Then roast with potatoes and vegetables, and finally some weird lookin ice cream and coffee.

Happy, happy?

GoodKiwi 10-14-2006 09:29 AM

Funny, you were the one to start this topic, yet we need to pull every single detail out of you nearly forcibly it seems. :sarcasm:

wade 10-14-2006 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality (Post 6756347)
hah there was creme of esparagus soup which was good. Some sort of Cold smoked salmon, which was very good. Then roast with potatoes and vegetables, and finally some weird lookin ice cream and coffee.

Happy, happy?

NO!

give us pix

Ghost of Saku 10-14-2006 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wade (Post 6756831)
NO!

give us pix

He would have to blacken out his face in all the pictures because our habs were getting jealous and were in serious fear that if these pictures of such a handsome man would ever surface that their wives may start to stray. Don't question it, just accept it.