HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   We could see Samsonov-Plekanec-Latendresse! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=300120)

Louis Houde 10-13-2006 02:48 PM

We could see Samsonov-Plekanec-Latendresse!

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/214931.html

IF Kovalev cant play, he will be replaced by Latendresse!

Si Kovalev n'est pas en mesure de participer au match, il sera remplacé au sein du deuxième trio par Guillaume Latendresse

Clumsyhab 10-13-2006 02:52 PM

Tender won't catch up Pleks and Sammy. You thought Ribs was slow, Tender is even slower.

Shabutie 10-13-2006 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clumsyhab (Post 6750485)
Tender won't catch up Pleks and Sammy. You thought Ribs was slow, Tender is even slower.

Sammy can hold the puck in the O-zone for 3 minutes...by that time Tender will have made the blue line :D

deandebean 10-13-2006 03:00 PM

Quote:

Ribs was/is slow, but he was/his also a midget. Tender might not be the fastest between blue lines, but try to take the puck off him in the red zone...Good luck. The Hens players found out about it at Scotiabank Place a couple of weeks ago.

All Tender needs is someone to feed him the puck in the red zone. The rest will be done.

imnothere 10-13-2006 03:01 PM

I don't see why Latendresse should get his chance before Perezhogin considering the fact that he has been one of our best player in the first three games.

Shabutie 10-13-2006 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herzeleid (Post 6750565)
I don't see why Latendresse should get his chance before Perezhogin considering the fact that he has been one of our best player in the first three games.

Latendresse compliments the other 2 better. It's just a short term thing anyway.

type_v 10-13-2006 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herzeleid (Post 6750565)

Agreed

Sammy-Pleks-Prez would be the fastest Hab line in a long time :amazed: , and we know that Plekanek-Perezhogin work very well together. One the third line, we might get to see the supposed chemistry between Bonk and Latendress in a game that matters.

I think Latendresse on the second is more wishful thinking from the writer than anything. Did anyone notice he did not quote Carboneau, or any other source, in that statement?

Artyukhin* 10-13-2006 03:11 PM

Lats has been told to take it easy and get used to the nhl . there not rushing him .

unlike some people who thinks he should have 10 pts right now Carbo is breaking him in the right way .Nice and easy to let him get his bearings .

Lats will have no problem staying with those 2 guys if he gets his chance to play with them .

kostitsyn1489 10-13-2006 04:01 PM

I think Carbo dont want to break up the third line so they keep them together and they take the best offensive player on the 4th line.

toshiro 10-13-2006 04:09 PM

Quote:

Although Lats isnt fast is he slow like Mikey?

Team_Spirit 10-13-2006 04:11 PM

Weird. In Le journal de Quebec they had pictures and an article about Latendresse training with Bonk and Johnson yesterday. They said Perezogin was moved to the 2nd line.

Beatnik 10-13-2006 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toshiro (Post 6751155)
Although Lats isnt fast is he slow like Mikey?

Not at all.

pavlako11 10-13-2006 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 (Post 6751099)
I think Carbo dont want to break up the third line so they keep them together and they take the best offensive player on the 4th line.

My sentiments exactly. Why break-up a 3rd line that has thus far played fairly well. You can't really break-up the 4th line because, well, they're the 4th line, players go in and out all the time.

Mike8 10-13-2006 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team_Spirit (Post 6751160)
Weird. In Le journal de Quebec they had pictures and an article about Latendresse training with Bonk and Johnson yesterday. They said Perezogin was moved to the 2nd line.

Latendresse was on the second line in practice today. Carbonneau was quoted as saying he'd like to get Latendresse more quality ice-time (on the powerplay).

HabsoluteFate 10-13-2006 05:26 PM

Yes Latendresse practiced with Bonk yesterday but apparently today he practiced on the 2nd line with Plek & Samsonov:

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/214948.html

"If he is not capable of playing (Kovalev), it will be youngster Guillaume Latendresse who will replace him within the 2nd line consisting of Plekanec and Sergei Samsonov. Latendresse practiced with both players on Friday"

Adam91 10-13-2006 05:28 PM

Sorry guys I've been busy for the last few days, what happened to Kovalev? I haven't heard anything

MathMan 10-13-2006 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam91 (Post 6751622)
Sorry guys I've been busy for the last few days, what happened to Kovalev? I haven't heard anything

Charley horse.

Seeing as he played almost the entire game with it, I doubt he'll miss the home opener.

JMMR 10-13-2006 06:00 PM

Kovalev will be in the line up for the opener. He will skate tomorrow and be ready to go.
Should the Canadiens PP struggle early expect Emery to see the numbers 84 directly infront of him on the powerplay!

Ghost of Saku 10-13-2006 06:50 PM

Carbo made it clear that Tender has to pay his dues on the fourth line but will do what he can to give the kid the experience and opportunities he deserves after his 2 strong training camps. Carbs has also said he wants to give Tender some PP time this season along with filling in the top lines when injuries occur. I'm sure this Kovalev thing is minor and will be a short-term solution/opportunity for Tender to show his stuff, but in the case of possible long-term injuries to our forwards I doubt he'll get the same playing time as more experienced players on the team

jordi 10-13-2006 07:23 PM

Holy crap, I hope that doesn't happen. Someone go and fix Kovalev now!

Rayne* 10-13-2006 07:48 PM

Latendresse might click with Samsonov and Plekanec, but even if he does, don't expect him to stick with them.