HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Official Mike Komisarek Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=300550)

Quiet Robert 10-14-2006 09:16 PM

The Official Mike Komisarek Thread

Ladies and Germs, it's time for this thread. Our boy has arrived.

If you have a man-crush on Komisarek, or you want to rave about how much *** he kicks post here.

Random observations about how awesome Komo is will be tolerated.

Example: I think Mike Komisarek could climb Mount Everest blindfolded with a pack heavy rocks strapped to his back. And he wouldn't need a harness because he's the man. And he would beat up any polar bears that get in his way.

larue* 10-14-2006 09:19 PM

Um me thinks you should get a girlfriend..........:eek:

madbox 10-14-2006 09:23 PM

So, he played one helluva game tonight.

Quiet Robert 10-14-2006 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larue (Post 6763858)
Um me thinks you should get a girlfriend..........:eek:

She doesn't mind. We're pretty open about these kind of things.

But she would choose Komo over me easily...

In fact, that should be "the test." If your wife/girlfriend tells you she would rather be with you than with Komisarek, she's not to be trusted because it's impossible to deny the Komisaurus.

HabsUnited 10-14-2006 09:24 PM

I have to agree with Yvon and Pierre here, he played his best game as a Hab. No frills, very assertive in his zone, a few nice pinches in the offensive zone. Now Souray on the other hand...

Pascal 10-14-2006 09:24 PM

Mike Komisarek is so strong that he could lift up Jan "The Rocket" Bulis' ego and then throw it so far that it would hit Patrick Traverse's dimming hopes of an NHL career, way out in the boonies.

znk 10-14-2006 09:25 PM

I'd take 2 more of those.

Freaky Habs Fan 10-14-2006 09:25 PM

Komisarek will be our second best defenceman as soon as this year. We are seeing why he was draft that high.

Cariboux 10-14-2006 09:25 PM

He seems very, very fast for a guy of his shape. I'm sure he improves a lot his speed compared to last year.

Ghost of Saku 10-14-2006 09:26 PM

Mike Komisarek can cure Chuck Norris

larue* 10-14-2006 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiet Robert (Post 6763943)
She doesn't mind. We're pretty open about these kind of things.

But she would choose Komo over me easily...

In fact, that should be "the test." If your wife/girlfriend tells you she would rather be with you than with Komisarek, she's not to be trusted because it's impossible to deny the Komisaurus.

Unless she is a he :D

ThaDevilGirl 10-14-2006 09:38 PM

Well, the Teddy Bear sure did play one of the greatest game he ever had!

:banana:

larue* 10-14-2006 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr_sanch (Post 6764000)
Mike Komisarek can cure Chuck Norris

and Chuck Norris will become Mike Komisarek

Habbadasher 10-14-2006 09:44 PM

Booya.

didjuicythat 10-14-2006 09:46 PM

He was just so effective out there. Very impressive to say the least.

Hackett 10-14-2006 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiet Robert (Post 6763815)
Ladies and Germs, it's time for this thread. Our boy has arrived.

If you have a man-crush on Komisarek, or you want to rave about how much *** he kicks post here.

Random observations about how awesome Komo is will be tolerated.

Example: I think Mike Komisarek could climb Mount Everest blindfolded with a pack heavy rocks strapped to his back. And he wouldn't need a harness because he's the man. And he would beat up any polar bears that get in his way.

He's making smart plays all the time. And is it just me or is komo's mobility better than ever?

Well, it looks like he will get elevated minutes assuming the worst for dandy and rivet.

Yeah, he's arrived, and we still might be only seeing the tip of the iceberg with him.

didjuicythat 10-14-2006 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hackett (Post 6764288)
Yeah, he's arrived, and we still might be only seeing the tip of the iceberg with him.

Well, let's not kid ourselves either. Mike is never going to be an offensive force and probably won't get any powerplay ice time in his NHL career. But you are right, there's a fair chance that he hasn't reached his full potential yet. One thing is for sure, he's becoming a stud on defence.

larue* 10-14-2006 09:56 PM

You know I have tried over and over to "tuck myself in" but it just aint working...........Maybe I need to do some more stretching.............

:biglaugh:

Dr_Hook 10-14-2006 10:05 PM

Looks like Dandy and Rivet, 2 righties, might be injured ? No problem: Komo won't leave the ice Tuesday night !! :D

Hey ! How about Gainey gives him the Dipietro treatment: 25 millions for 10 years !! :banana:

Taupy 10-14-2006 11:09 PM

Well, he's my fave player and I have a card of him in my wallet for now 3 years.

Tonight, he had one of his biggest night and I hope he will continue on this path.

Patof007 10-15-2006 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 6763960)
Mike Komisarek is so strong that he could lift up Jan "The Rocket" Bulis' ego and then throw it so far that it would hit Patrick Traverse's dimming hopes of an NHL career, way out in the boonies.

We should give you a thread to write things like that. Was so funny!!

TomPlex 10-15-2006 01:49 AM

Geico saved 15% by switching to Mike Komisarek.

In all honesty though, this may be a stretch, but Komo looked like a lesser form of Chris Pronger out there tonight. I have been so amazed by his offensive effort over the last 3 games, but tonight he really proved he has some offence in him. He was pinching perfectly, and he even had a couple of scoring chances, one of them he deked a player or two out in and rushed the net. He was very physically involved in the game, and he was so solid defensively. I don't think I saw him make one mistake tonight, delay-of-game penalty aside. He has the potential to be one of the best in the league, and I think tonight was the beginning of plenty more things to come from Komo.

Komo for Norris every year of his career :)

tinyzombies 10-15-2006 01:51 AM

I don't think he did anything differently than I've seen him do over the last year. Why did he have such a good game tonight?

Maybe compared to Rivet and Souray who were awful.

TomPlex 10-15-2006 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raketheleaves (Post 6766450)
I don't think he did anything differently than I've seen him do over the last year. Why did he have such a good game tonight?

Maybe compared to Rivet and Souray who were awful.

If you can, watch the game again and you'll see that you're awfully mistaken :yo:

JMMR 10-15-2006 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkovForNorris (Post 6764315)
Well, let's not kid ourselves either. Mike is never going to be an offensive force and probably won't get any powerplay ice time in his NHL career. But you are right, there's a fair chance that he hasn't reached his full potential yet. One thing is for sure, he's becoming a stud on defence.

Just you wait
He will get some PP this time and he will land some bombs on net and create offense, I really feel Komisarek can score at least 4-6 points a game for the rest of his career.

After the game Komisarek wanted to show off his bruit strength to the ladies so he bench pressed the Bell Centre, blindfolded, with one hand tied behind his bad, while lying on hot coals and wearing nothing but a smile