HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Rivet and Dandenault injuries (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=300554)

zx81 10-14-2006 10:33 PM

Rivet and Dandenault injuries
 
Any new info ?

What will happen if we lost both ?

Also what are the latest news on Bouillon ?

Whitesnake 10-14-2006 10:34 PM

Carbo said in his press conference that we will know tomorrow about Dandy and Rivet. What will happen? Well we will see Streit in the lineup and Traverse should be recalled.

Artyukhin* 10-14-2006 10:35 PM

if theose 2 are out for extend time bob has to make a trade



jason wolley's number might be ringing

hototogisu 10-14-2006 10:36 PM

I wonder how Jason Allison feels about playing defense :sarcasm:

Clumsyhab 10-14-2006 10:36 PM

Brian Leetch???

Hackett 10-14-2006 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zx81 (Post 6764082)
Any new info ?

What will happen if we lost both ?

Also what are the latest news on Bouillon ?

well, streit will draw in for sure (if both D are out)

after that, I'm not quite sure.

This was one of those games that you dread. I'll glady trade the point we got for the health of those 2 guys. I can accept one of them getting injured but both in the same period is tough to swallow.

Ghost of Saku 10-14-2006 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clumsyhab (Post 6764125)
Brian Leetch???

salary cap?
anyone know the status on Cote's injury?

zx81 10-14-2006 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clumsyhab (Post 6764125)
Brian Leetch???

Desjardins coming out of his retirement ? :)

Artyukhin* 10-14-2006 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clumsyhab (Post 6764125)
Brian Leetch???

on the hot stove tonight they said leetch will decide if he is coming back in the next few weeks . he ideally wants to play in Ny for the Rags they said . he have a few inquiires from TO and Phili

i doubt you could convince Leetch to come to Montreal . i cant see it

As the Glorious Weep 10-14-2006 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr_sanch (Post 6764172)
salary cap?

Dandenault and Rivet make a lot of cash. If they're on the extended injury list, their salary doesn't count right? What's the sum of money we would be working with?

Ghost of Saku 10-14-2006 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by As the Glorious Weep (Post 6764194)
Dandenault and Rivet make a lot of cash. If they're on the extended injury list, their salary doesn't count right? What's the sum of money we would be working with?

I doubt they'll be on long-term injury placement.
Rivet just blocked a shot off his shins while Dandy seemed to have hit his knee into the board the wrong way. They probably didn't come back for precautionary measures so I don't think they'll be out too long.

Both are solid D-men and aren't very prone to injury. I think Dandy was our only iron man last season playing all 82 games

Pat 10-14-2006 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr_sanch (Post 6764321)
I doubt they'll be on long-term injury placement.
Rivet just blocked a shot off his shins while Dandy seemed to have hit his knee into the board the wrong way. They probably didn't come back for precautionary measures so I don't think they'll be out too long.

Both are solid D-men and aren't very prone to injury. I think Dandy was our only iron man last season playing all 82 games

actually, the puck hit the inside of Rivet's ankle...not off his shins. they showed it on RDS after the game.

henri2014 10-14-2006 10:57 PM

We still have good D depth, we have 3 top 6 nhl D-men down and one 7th nhl D-man down and we still can dress 5 good nhl D-men.

The bad news is that both rivet and dandy are on the right side and Streit is more effective on the left side. Komi is gonna get some big big minutes in the next few games.

Ghost of Saku 10-14-2006 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henri2014 (Post 6764392)
We still have good D depth, we have 3 top 6 nhl D-men down and one 7th nhl D-man down and we still can dress 5 good nhl D-men.

The bad news is that both rivet and dandy are on the right side and Streit is more effective on the left side. Komi is gonna get some big big minutes in the next few games.

Good, they will be extremely well deserved

SpreeEndaz 10-14-2006 11:17 PM

Let's get Ovechkin; I'm pretty sure he'd be an insane d-man.

HH 10-14-2006 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz (Post 6764629)
Let's get Ovechkin; I'm pretty sure he'd be an insane d-man.

:biglaugh: Pigs will fly the day Washington uses Ovy on defence...

Habsfan18 10-14-2006 11:48 PM

:cry:

Breenger 10-15-2006 12:16 AM

Looked to me that Dandenault's back went out, (hopefully just spasms). I'm pretty impressed at how they both didn't quit on the play after their injuries, especially Rivet, who looked like he hobbling on the ice for ages after his.

Clumsyhab 10-15-2006 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breenger (Post 6765262)
I'm pretty impressed at how they both didn't quit on the play after their injuries, especially Rivet, who looked like he hobbling on the ice for ages after his.

That reminds me of Kovy :sarcasm:

hototogisu 10-15-2006 01:42 AM

From Yahoo (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...v=cp&type=lgns)

MONTREAL (CP) - The Montreal Canadiens lost more than the game Saturday night as defencemen Craig Rivet and Mathieu Dandenault did not finish the 4-3 shootout loss to the Ottawa Senators.

Rivet took a shot off a foot during a power play midway through the third period and struggled to get back to the bench, while Dandenault came away from a corner hit limping later in the same period.

Montreal was forced to play the final few minutes of regulation and overtime with four defencemen.

ADVERTISEMENT
"It wasn't easy, but we've all played lots of hockey before, so we were able to get through it," said Janne Niinimaa, making his home debut with the Canadiens.

"We had tied the game already, so we just wanted to make it to overtime and secure the point first, then try and get the second one."

The Canadiens are already thin on the blue line as Francis Bouillon continues his recovery from off-season knee surgery, so losing Rivet and Dandenault would be a tough blow.

Mark Streit is on the roster if either injury is serious enough to put Tuesday's home game against the Calgary Flames in jeopardy, but if both players are unavailable a call-up from the Hamilton Bulldogs would be necessary.

However, Canadiens head coach Guy Carbonneau did not appear too concerned when asked about the status of his defencemen.

"Lower body injuries," he said with a smile. "We'll have to see (Sunday) how they're feeling."

Canadiens captain Saku Koivu suggested the injuries would not prevent either Rivet or Dandenault from suiting up Tuesday night.

"You never want to see guys getting hurt," Koivu said. "But I don't see it being a problem for the next game."


Otherwise, top free agent acquisition Sergei Samsonov won over a sceptical public in Montreal with his game-tying goal at 16:37 of the third after struggling throughout the pre-season.

"It's nice to get it out of the way," Samsonov said. "We battled back and got a point out of it. I think we skated a lot better in the third."

JMMR 10-15-2006 02:06 AM

I really hope they are both Ok well at least one for sure loosing both of them could really hurt the Canadiens.
If only one could come back I would hope for Dandy he has been great this season!

Sports1131 10-15-2006 02:06 AM

Thank God. I can't think of many things worse than seeing Patrick Traverse playing for the Montreal Canadiens again.

Habsfan18 10-15-2006 02:22 AM

hope they are ok for next game.

Hackett 10-15-2006 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 6766091)
From Yahoo (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...v=cp&type=lgns)

MONTREAL (CP) - The Montreal Canadiens lost more than the game Saturday night as defencemen Craig Rivet and Mathieu Dandenault did not finish the 4-3 shootout loss to the Ottawa Senators.

Rivet took a shot off a foot during a power play midway through the third period and struggled to get back to the bench, while Dandenault came away from a corner hit limping later in the same period.

Montreal was forced to play the final few minutes of regulation and overtime with four defencemen.

ADVERTISEMENT
"It wasn't easy, but we've all played lots of hockey before, so we were able to get through it," said Janne Niinimaa, making his home debut with the Canadiens.

"We had tied the game already, so we just wanted to make it to overtime and secure the point first, then try and get the second one."

The Canadiens are already thin on the blue line as Francis Bouillon continues his recovery from off-season knee surgery, so losing Rivet and Dandenault would be a tough blow.

Mark Streit is on the roster if either injury is serious enough to put Tuesday's home game against the Calgary Flames in jeopardy, but if both players are unavailable a call-up from the Hamilton Bulldogs would be necessary.

However, Canadiens head coach Guy Carbonneau did not appear too concerned when asked about the status of his defencemen.

"Lower body injuries," he said with a smile. "We'll have to see (Sunday) how they're feeling."

Canadiens captain Saku Koivu suggested the injuries would not prevent either Rivet or Dandenault from suiting up Tuesday night.

"You never want to see guys getting hurt," Koivu said. "But I don't see it being a problem for the next game."


Otherwise, top free agent acquisition Sergei Samsonov won over a sceptical public in Montreal with his game-tying goal at 16:37 of the third after struggling throughout the pre-season.

"It's nice to get it out of the way," Samsonov said. "We battled back and got a point out of it. I think we skated a lot better in the third."

koivu is usually pretty conservative in his comments towards the media. So when he says something like that, I'm thinking rivet and dandy are fine.

Marksman 10-15-2006 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr_sanch (Post 6764321)
Both are solid D-men and aren't very prone to injury. I think Dandy was our only iron man last season playing all 82 games

Rivet was the only other player with 82 games. Infact hes missed only 2 games past four seasons, which means hes been taking a lot of pain killers over the years. Didnt he already block a shot with his hand (vs Buffalo?) without missing a shift. :bow:

Hopefully couple days rest is enough and they are both good to go on Tuesday.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.