HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   This time next season..will Andrei Markov still be a Hab? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=300699)

Habsfan18 10-15-2006 11:41 AM

This time next season..will Andrei Markov still be a Hab?

I sure as hell hope so :help:

Le Tricolore 10-15-2006 11:41 AM

i'll let you know next year.

JordanStaal#1Fan 10-15-2006 11:50 AM

He better be, if not, we better sign a better or equal d-man because if we don't, ouch...

Habsfan18 10-15-2006 11:53 AM

remember guys, the question isn't "Do you want him with the Habs next season?" I'm asking if you think he'll still be on the Habs.

JordanStaal#1Fan 10-15-2006 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsfan18 (Post 6768247)
remember guys, the question isn't "Do you want him with the Habs next season?" I'm asking if you think he'll still be on the Habs.

Then I don't know... Probably, he should be Gainey's priority, but hey, I guess we'll see!

Evil Ted 10-15-2006 11:57 AM

If hes not we have no chance of making the playoffs.

Ross MacLochness 10-15-2006 12:00 PM

Hell Yes.

Souray I couldn't care less anymore. His offensive numbers will get him a nice paycheque somewhere. We could easily find something better.

hab 10-15-2006 12:04 PM

I can see Markov and Rivet signing. Souray seems more likely to leave via UFA, with

Gainey doing what he has too to get Markov signed( 4.5- 5 mil)

Garo 10-15-2006 12:07 PM

What's worse is that Markov is probably the best d-man available next year...

I really hope he will sign before July 1st :help:

hockey_nut 10-15-2006 12:15 PM

the habs now have a russian community (markov, kovalev, sammy, etc)... he'll stay

FerrisRox 10-15-2006 12:16 PM

If Markov doesn't get traded this season he will be a Montreal Canadien or a Washington Capital next year.

Seb 10-15-2006 12:36 PM

I voted no, not that I want him to leave, hell no! But I have this little bad impression... Hope he gonna stay, but I still have this impression that he gonna leave :S Hope I'm wrong.

Hockeymom67 10-15-2006 12:39 PM

Don't think so but hope so

Judge Sauer* 10-15-2006 12:47 PM

:cheers:
Here's to hoping

Teufelsdreck 10-15-2006 12:57 PM

I voted yes, but it's not a sure bet. He would remain if Gainey matched or came close to matching the highest outside offer. Of course losing Markov would hurt. However, I don't think Gainey should offer him more than $4M because that would create cap problems. He has to give substantial raises to Higgins, Ryder, and Komisarek, and he has to take care of Johnson and Aebischer (if he wants him to stay) as well as three other UFA Dmen. I hope Gainey trades Souray for a younger, less expensive Dman who, if not possessing the size and strength of Souzay, is steadier and less mistake-prone.

Talent Analyst 10-15-2006 01:13 PM

Hope we'll sign him 4 millions / 4 years .

Goldthorpe 10-15-2006 01:23 PM

As someone else said, Markov may very be the best D on the market next summer.

Assuming he wants to stay in Montreal, I don't see what Gainey could do but give him the big bucks, something in the range of Koivu and Kovalev's contracts would probably be realistic.

Letting him go means finding a replacement, and there's none on the UFA market, so it means a trade. Do you see Gainey making the kind of blockbuster trade necessary to bring a top-2 dman who is a better deal than Markov? I don't. Not his style.

Unless Gainey thinks he's superflous. Who knows, maybe Niinimaa will regain his Oilers form. But I wouldn't count on it.

Teufelsdreck 10-15-2006 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldthorpe (Post 6768871)
As someone else said, Markov may very be the best D on the market next summer.

Assuming he wants to stay in Montreal, I don't see what Gainey could do but give him the big bucks, something in the range of Koivu and Kovalev's contracts would probably be realistic.

Letting him go means finding a replacement, and there's none on the UFA market, so it means a trade. Do you see Gainey making the kind of blockbuster trade necessary to bring a top-2 dman who is a better deal than Markov? I don't. Not his style.

Unless Gainey thinks he's superflous. Who knows, maybe Niinimaa will regain his Oilers form. But I wouldn't count on it.

Gainey would never regard Markov as superfluous but there are practical limits on how much he can spend to retain him. At the end of this season he will have to accommodate not only his UFAs but also RFAs whose loss would be even more damaging than Markov's (Komisarek and Higgins). He must also re-sign Ryder and deal with Souray, Rivet, and Niinamaa and possibly work something out with Bonk at a reduced salary.

Dr_Hook 10-15-2006 01:32 PM

I think Markov is gonna have a strong year and seek for a BIG score on the UFA market; I say he'll shoot for the moon and Gainey won't pay that kindda dough. So , NO, he won't be back.

madbox 10-15-2006 04:40 PM

He damn well better be... can do without the mistake of letting him walk.

habsfan44 10-15-2006 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsfan18 (Post 6768157)
I sure as hell hope so :help:

i think that souray will be the odd man out , he seems to handle the puck like a hot potato , and was just terrible against Ottawa saturday night . reminds me of mccabe witout the offence . i predict he will be gone before the trade deadline and of course markov will be re-signed to a long term deal between now and 07/01/07 .

BLONG7 10-15-2006 06:55 PM

Something to think about...who is Markov's agent? Does he have an agent who BG has had success dealing with? This could be a major factor...(Hopefully it is not that idiot Mark Gandler):help:

tinyzombies 10-15-2006 08:44 PM

I don't know. The way Gainey bad-mouthed him after he played his butt off with an injury and the way the crowd treats him because of 110%... I wouldn't come back if I were him. He's carried a HUGE load and done a great job and all he gets are half-hearted handclaps. No wonder he looks upset half the time.

Then again, I have a feeling the Samsonov move had more to do with Markov than anything.

WeThreeKings 10-15-2006 08:49 PM

My dream is pairings of

Markov - Komisarek
Dandenault - Emelin
Bouillon - O'Byrne

Markimark 10-15-2006 09:07 PM

I hope BG has deep pockets because I think he will need them but do I think Markov will be back after this year...NO WAY...you will see him somewhere were he can blend into a city and not have any pressure. He hates Montreal, their media and their fans.
Markov has Don Meehan for an agent and Meehan is regarded as one of the top agents in the business. He will try to get Markov every penny he can.
Markov hasn't seemed happy since BG broke him and Rivet up. He definitely hasn't played as well since but it could be that Komi has taken away his thunder. He seems like a tempermental guy.