HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   All Time Oilers Team Announced (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=30107)

USC Trojans 11-21-2003 04:44 PM

All Time Oilers Team Announced
 
http://www.canada.com/edmonton/sport...3-E97728312EAD

1st Team

Kurri - Gretzky - Anderson
Lowe - Coffey
Fuhr

2nd Team

Smyth - Messier - Tikkanen
Huddy - Brewer
Ranford

Oiltown16 11-21-2003 04:52 PM

Brewer!!!!????? ARE PEOPLE ******* STUPID

Brewer will be good, but all time Oiler is stupid

Hemmer 11-21-2003 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alzardnp1
http://www.canada.com/edmonton/sport...3-E97728312EAD

1st Team

Kurri - Gretzky - Anderson
Lowe - Coffey
Fuhr

2nd Team

Smyth - Messier - Tikkanen
Huddy - Brewer
Ranford

Gimme Steve Smith over Brewer ANYDAY.

Oi'll say! 11-21-2003 05:10 PM

I would have liked to have seen Lee Fogolin get in on this, even at the expense of Huddy if not Brewer.

Fogey was a really solid veteran presence here and provided a lot of leadership and stability while the HOF'ers were in their formative years, as well as being a huge part of their first 3 cups.

I guess that 16 years after he retired noone remembers him anymore, there's no way on earth Brewer should be there ahead of Lee.

With the Oilers:

586 r-s games [36-124-160 pts, 886 pims], 78 playoff games [5-13-18 pts, 115 pims], 3 seasons as captain, 3 cups.

creative giant* 11-21-2003 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemmer
Gimme Steve Smith over Brewer ANYDAY.

Except that one day, right?

gretzky2kurri 11-21-2003 05:30 PM

fogie.....

gretzky2kurri 11-21-2003 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oiltown16
Brewer!!!!????? ARE PEOPLE ******* STUPID

Brewer will be good, but all time Oiler is stupid

Nope........I'm afraid Brewer is already pretty close to his ceiling.

"But he's an Olympic gold medallist and all-star, you know?"

Pfffft. That's a bigger joke in itself.

Brewer can't even carry this "All Time Oilers Teams" skates.......

Lowetide 11-21-2003 07:14 PM

Well, I think the entire roster looks a tad askew. two rw's on the top line, and two lw's on the 2line?

Hmmm.

Here's mine:

Messier-Simpson-Kurri
Gretzky-Tikkanen-Anderson

Lowe-Coffey
Huddy-Fogolin

Fuhr


Next forward would be Smyth, next defender Al Hamilton, next goalie Moog.

Oi'll say! 11-21-2003 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowetide
-Simpson-

Next forward would be Smyth, next defender Al Hamilton, next goalie Moog.

It's a very tough call between Smyth and Simpson, I don't know of two Oilers with a more similar style/skill level.

Simpson never had to assume the level of leadership that Ryan has, but Ryan has never enjoyed nearly as much success either. :dunno:


No mention of Weight yet. Noone would pick him in the top two, but imo he'd be a lock for #3, with Marchant all alone in 4th. Thoughts?

outKast* 11-21-2003 08:22 PM

I HIGHLY disagree about Brewer. Ok, he's not even playing like our best right now. To make it worse, we can ask ourselves...Is he really better than Niinimaa, Hamrlik, Fogolin, ect? He has amazing credentials but it's a little too early to call him one of the top 4 defensemen in the 25 years of the Oilers existence. And no offense to Smyth but i think Simpson should be up there instead of him. oh well :dunno:

Cujo_31 11-21-2003 08:36 PM

I also disagree on Brewer, how did he make the all-time team?? not to take anything away from him, but he just hasn't proved himself as an all-time oiler, give it at least another 3-4 years & i'd consider it, but absolutely not yet...there's so many better candidates then Brewer for the all-time team...Steve Smith, Lee Fogolin, & Al Hamilton (even though most of his Oiler days were in the WHA), but still, much more better candidates & Brew doesn't deserve the honor, yet...weather he'll prove himself to be worthy in the next 3-5 years remains to be seen. i'm very disappointed at that pick.

Fincan 11-21-2003 08:50 PM

Like Oil'Say said, it is pretty close betwen Smyth and Simpson IMO for that top 6 spot. Either way is fine with me.

As for Brewer, Clearly IMO Niinimaa, Hamrlik, and surely Smith should be ahead of him on this list. Heck I think that Manson and Mirinov and maybe even guys like Muni and Dr Greg give him more than a good enough run for this list. Foglin......Im sure he deserves to be there, maybe Hamilton too, but I am too young to have an educated judgement on that pair.

Hemmer 11-21-2003 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
It's a very tough call between Smyth and Simpson, I don't know of two Oilers with a more similar style/skill level.

Simpson never had to assume the level of leadership that Ryan has, but Ryan has never enjoyed nearly as much success either. :dunno:


No mention of Weight yet. Noone would pick him in the top two, but imo he'd be a lock for #3, with Marchant all alone in 4th. Thoughts?


Gimme MacT in 4th. Todd...5th.

hockeyaddict101 11-21-2003 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemmer
Gimme Steve Smith over Brewer ANYDAY.

But people probably remember the most infamous goal in Oilers history and didn't vote for him. :rolly:

Fincan 11-21-2003 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemmer
Gimme MacT in 4th. Todd...5th.

I hope thats Todd Marchant and not Kevin Todd :D

kruezer 11-21-2003 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowetide
Well, I think the entire roster looks a tad askew. two rw's on the top line, and two lw's on the 2line?

Hmmm.

Here's mine:

Messier-Simpson-Kurri
Gretzky-Tikkanen-Anderson

Lowe-Coffey
Huddy-Fogolin

Fuhr


Next forward would be Smyth, next defender Al Hamilton, next goalie Moog.

I'd say something like this....

Messier-Gretzky-Kurri (gotta keep Gretz and Kurri together even in all-time teams, LT, :D, and Mess could play the LW)
Coffey-Lowe
Fuhr

Anderson-Weight-Tikkanen
Huddy-Smith
Moog

Yanner39 11-22-2003 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kruezer
I'd say something like this....

Messier-Gretzky-Kurri (gotta keep Gretz and Kurri together even in all-time teams, LT, :D, and Mess could play the LW)
Coffey-Lowe
Fuhr

Anderson-Weight-Tikkanen
Huddy-Smith
Moog

There's a new magazine out called "Hockey's Greatest" (I think...) Anyways, they list all the current NHL Franchises and give their 1st lines and 2nd lines And it's a little like Kruezer's. The have Doug Weight on the second line and I have to agree with that. Lets never mind that he bolted for St-Louis. He was a great Oilers for alot of years. He loved the city. He was the kick in the ass for this team. I don't think no current Oiler has the leadership abilities Weight had. He had 100 points with 2 tools on his line.

I think Weight definatley goes on the top 2 lines, hands down.

Jussi 11-22-2003 03:07 AM

Brewer over Ruotsalainen or Siltanen??

Oi'll say! 11-22-2003 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jussi
Brewer over Ruotsalainen or Siltanen??

You're kidding right?

I liked Rexy and I know just how much he helped the team in the playoffs, but he only played 26 r-s games here [6-15-21 pts, 12 pims] and 43 playoff games [4-16-20 pts, 22 pims].

Risto did a lot more here [206 gp, 38-113-151, 104 pims] but he still only played just over half as many games as Brewer [346].

kruezer 11-22-2003 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
There's a new magazine out called "Hockey's Greatest" (I think...) Anyways, they list all the current NHL Franchises and give their 1st lines and 2nd lines And it's a little like Kruezer's. The have Doug Weight on the second line and I have to agree with that. Lets never mind that he bolted for St-Louis. He was a great Oilers for alot of years. He loved the city. He was the kick in the ass for this team. I don't think no current Oiler has the leadership abilities Weight had. He had 100 points with 2 tools on his line.

I think Weight definatley goes on the top 2 lines, hands down.

Hey could it be called 'The Best of Everything In Hockey' by the hockey news? Cause I sure bought that today before I sat down to watch the HC and realized I'd basically replecated there picks, lol, uncanny.

OilerMania83 11-22-2003 10:04 PM

Putting Brewer in there is so lame...

I'd rather Niniimaa be the defenceman. I don't know much about the old school defenceman so maybe one of them could take Brew's spot.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:05 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.