HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Like an antibiotic... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=30116)

FlavorFlav 11-21-2003 06:19 PM

Like an antibiotic...

...we will magically cleanse the organization of 90% of the crud by the end of this season. I'm stealing the following from another thread:

Lose to FA:
Andreas Dackell, (III)
Joe Juneau, (III)
Darren Langdon, (III)
Yannick Perrault, (III)
Stephane Quintal, (III)
Niklas Sundstrom, (II)
Patrick Traverse, (II)
Sylvain Blouin, (II)
Pierre Dagenais, (II)
Jean-Francois Damphousse, (II)
Gordie Dwyer, (II)
Eric Fichaud, (II)

This makes up essentially the bulk of the dead weight whose salaaries do not deserved to be paid.

Who would you sign? Personally, I like Langdon, Sundstrom (effective when used properly) and possibly Dagenais (for his size).

Then some young guys move up (like what, 3?) If we can then possibly trade for somebody with a bit of size, keep Kilger and Ward, we got us a team, folks.

L'abstrait 11-21-2003 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlavorFlav
...we will magically cleanse the organization of 90% of the crud by the end of this season. I'm stealing the following from another thread:

Lose to FA:
Andreas Dackell, (III)
Joe Juneau, (III)
Darren Langdon, (III)
Yannick Perrault, (III)
Stephane Quintal, (III)
Niklas Sundstrom, (II)
Patrick Traverse, (II)
Sylvain Blouin, (II)
Pierre Dagenais, (II)
Gordie Dwyer, (II)
Eric Fichaud, (II)

This makes up essentially the bulk of the dead weight whose salaaries do not deserved to be paid.

Who would you sign? Personally, I like Langdon, Sundstrom (effective when used properly) and possibly Dagenais (for his size).

Then some young guys move up (like what, 3?) If we can then possibly trade for somebody with a bit of size, keep Kilger and Ward, we got us a team, folks.

Thank you Doc!

What a relief! :handclap:

BLONG7 11-21-2003 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlavorFlav

Lose to FA:
Andreas Dackell, (III)
Joe Juneau, (III)
Darren Langdon, (III)
Yannick Perrault, (III)
Stephane Quintal, (III)
Niklas Sundstrom, (II)
Patrick Traverse, (II)
Sylvain Blouin, (II)
Pierre Dagenais, (II)
Gordie Dwyer, (II)
Eric Fichaud, (II)

Talk about cleansing... man that list is like what BRAN is suppose to do for one's insides! :joker:

Blackshad 11-21-2003 07:57 PM

We must sign Langton.. but i think he will sign with the canucks

Dutchy 11-21-2003 08:01 PM

I heard that if Quintal doesn't sign his next contract with Montreal he's going to retire.

Atleast one guy is happy to be playing here! :)

SopelFan* 11-21-2003 08:04 PM

Why lose Langdon? 500k contract and someone who has been great for you so far.

Dutchy 11-21-2003 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SopelFan

I think he didn't mean that we wouldn't want to sign him back, but that he would prefer signing with Vancouver.

SopelFan* 11-21-2003 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchy
I think he didn't mean that we wouldn't want to sign him back, but that he would prefer signing with Vancouver.

Maybe, depends on how his season goes.

Dutchy 11-21-2003 08:18 PM

Quote:

Maybe, depends on how his season goes.

Well he was interviewed before the last Vancouver-Montreal game. When asked if he would fight with his old teamates, he really didn't seem sure he could do it.

Score one for friendship ;)

SopelFan* 11-21-2003 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchy
Well he was interviewed before the last Vancouver-Montreal game. When asked if he would fight with his old teamates, he really didn't seem sure he could do it.

Score one for friendship ;)

:p. Well he was very popular.

FlavorFlav 11-22-2003 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLONG7
Talk about cleansing... man that list is like what BRAN is suppose to do for one's insides! :joker:

Excellent point. Maybe I should have used "Like a laxative..." as a title! :rolly:

I don't know if anyone has the salary list, but I would be interested to do a sum-total of all those salaries put together, just to get an idea of how much the team would save if not one of them returned. My guess is what, around $6-7M?

Guy Caballero 11-22-2003 12:05 PM

I would sign Quintal if we could get him for $1mil. He could prove to be a useful #6-7 guy once we bring up the youngsters for good. All the moreso if Rivet gets traded.

Lewis63 11-22-2003 12:26 PM

We have to sign either Damphousse or Fichaud for next year's Dogs. Michaud could make the jump from ECHL to AHL but we still need another goalie there. Who do you prefer? Ficahud or Damphousse?

I would take Damphousse
unless one of our european prospects can make the flight over the atlantic.

I would like to see Langdon at least.

Garnet 11-22-2003 12:32 PM

Dkyhuis

I thought Dykhuis is in his last year of his contract as well?? Someone let me know! Thanks in advance.

Team_Spirit 11-22-2003 12:41 PM

Quote:

great ? He's been average and i think Dwyer has more heart and dedication to the team than him ... i don't think he will be around next year .

Team_Spirit 11-22-2003 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lewis63
I would take Damphousse
unless one of our european prospects can make the flight over the atlantic.

No way , Damphousse has been horrible in the 'A' so far .. he never played up to his potential and he's in the ''1st rounder bust'' section right now .

Puurula or Michaud ( how's playing good in the ECHL ) will be in Hamilton next year .

Belarus Rocket 11-22-2003 06:28 PM

Hey guys,How much money do you think Sundstrom will be asking??personnlay If he take a paycut I would be ready to re-sign him,what do you think??

Belarus Rocket 11-22-2003 06:40 PM

Just to let you know:

Andreas Dackell, (III)1 400 000
Joe Juneau, (III)2 025 000
Darren Langdon, (III) 500 000
Yannick Perrault, (III)2 800 000
Stephane Quintal, (III)Approximately 450 000
Niklas Sundstrom, (II)1 950 000

I don't know how much the player on our farm team are doing but only those player well free alot of money,approximately,9125000