HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   How many of you are 1 of the 845,000... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=30134)

Joe T Choker 11-21-2003 06:52 PM

How many of you are 1 of the 845,000...

that weren't able to get tickets?

In other words, who isn't going to the game tomorrow night?

Vyse64 11-21-2003 06:53 PM

:cry:

o98 11-21-2003 07:00 PM

:cry: :cry:
But at least the consolation prize is watching it on a 57 inch wide screen TV with hi def :)

Cujo_31 11-21-2003 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
that weren't able to get tickets?

In other words, who isn't going to the game tomorrow night?

I am...but i'm sorta glad in a way, cuz it'll be nice & warm at my house when i'm watching on TV, & I know the view will be pretty good.

gretzky2kurri 11-21-2003 07:07 PM

:)

Fincan 11-21-2003 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cujo_31
I am...but i'm sorta glad in a way, cuz it'll be nice & warm at my house when i'm watching on TV, & I know the view will be pretty good.

you know that is the EXACT SAME THING that I was telling myself until they released singles and obstructed view tickets on Thursday. I was lucky enough to get a non-obstructed single ticket.

windowlicker 11-21-2003 07:42 PM

Im in Wisconsin right now, and I officially eliminated myself today at 2PM from attending the Heritage games when I decided against driving like a maniac for 23 hours straight to Edmonton and then trying to buy a ticket from a scalper with cold hard US $$ (.. you know... I actually considered that option seriously for a while.. and that made me feel better)

Cujo_31 11-21-2003 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fincan
you know that is the EXACT SAME THING that I was telling myself until they released singles and obstructed view tickets on Thursday. I was lucky enough to get a non-obstructed single ticket.

still, from what I heard the high is supposed to be -17 tommorow...who ever IS going better dress up warm, cuz it's gonna be really really cold.

dawgbone 11-21-2003 07:47 PM

I would have loved to go... but I could justify spending over $900 (ticket, flight, hotel) for a weekend...

I really tried, it just didn't happen...

metallicat 11-21-2003 07:55 PM

I am not going. I am not overly disappointed either. It would have been nice, but I am just as happy watching everything on CBC tomorrow.

Joe T Choker 11-21-2003 08:19 PM

my next question...does anyone on here know if ESPN is gonna use the CBC announcers or are they gonna have some second rate half @ss wankers their tomorrow for their broadcast on ESPNBA Classic next Saturday

just a shot in the dark but god I loathe ESPNBA, you people are so frigging lucky you have no clue

outKast* 11-21-2003 08:23 PM

[ pointing and laughing at all of you ] :lol:

hahahahaha guess who has tickets? :p

just jokin. ;)

Fincan 11-21-2003 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
my next question...does anyone on here know if ESPN is gonna use the CBC announcers or are they gonna have some second rate half @ss wankers their tomorrow for their broadcast on ESPNBA Classic next Saturday

just a shot in the dark but god I loathe ESPNBA, you people are so frigging lucky you have no clue

I thought that ESPN was not even carrying the game?

Joe T Choker 11-21-2003 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fincan
I thought that ESPN was not even carrying the game?

They are not carrying the game...they're probably purchasing it from CBC for ESPNCLASSIC next weekend?

:dunno:

anyways have a good one tomorrow night and I'll stay away from every Oil/Hab GDT tomorrow, so I can watch it next weekend in peace and quiet

*warms up the vcr*

Larry Fisher 11-21-2003 11:47 PM

Pumped...

I am pumped regardless or where i will be taking in the game at.
At first thought it was supposed to be Commonwealth because a buddy (whose sister is the PR director for the U of A Golden Bears) scored me a ticket and prime seating so i was all fired up.

But then another buddy of mine who graduated from broadcast journalism and is a former HF writer snagged the ticket with my name on it and will be attending.

I too will be watching this masterpiece in front of a 60+" screen with an ice cold coors light in my hands...but i guess i shouldn't be talking to you folks about ice cold eh :yo:

Anyways hopefully it will live up to expectations...my dad and little sister are in attendance and although i am not, i have nothing but high hopes for a good show...hopefully both Oil squads will pull through in the clutch just like old times :bow:

rabi_sultan 11-22-2003 02:07 AM

well at least some people get to go. SOME people get to watch it live, i'll be watching taped live game on sunday :( well cant complain at least i get to watch :) no HF for me until then

Yanner39 11-22-2003 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawgbone
I would have loved to go... but I could justify spending over $900 (ticket, flight, hotel) for a weekend...

I really tried, it just didn't happen...

I here ya. Flying to western Canada is friggin' stupid. It would cost me less to go to Europe.

Rooks Oilers 11-22-2003 06:34 AM

I would love to be there. Instead I will sit here with my son who is two months old, and enjoy it on CBC! I can't ask for much more than this!

TO THE FANS ATTENDING LIVE............ENJOY!

Rooks Oilers

Oilers Chick 11-22-2003 10:30 AM

I'm not going either, but I'm taping it as I watch it.

For those who haven't heard/read yet and have NHL Centre Ice.....

THEY ARE TELEVISING BOTH THE HERITAGE CLASSIC AND MEGA-STARS GAMES!!!! :handclap:

So set those VCRs (or if you have one of those DVD recorders), and.....

LET's GO OILERS!

Spearing47 11-22-2003 11:06 AM

I have still 4 tickets avalaible : Section L1, row 4 , seat 1-2-3-4

It,s 2 o clock

I don<t need them anymore so if somebody wants them give me a call

if you want them give me a call

rICK

1-819-384-0013

OilerMania83 11-22-2003 11:09 AM

I'm not going :(

I'll be watching it and taping it though.