HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Habs is shopping their d-man (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=30141)

Maithz 11-21-2003 07:34 PM

Habs is shopping their d-man
 
In ''The Gazette '' this morning , Bob Gainey said that he is trying to move one of the 7th dman of the Habs to make a spot for Komisarek . He said that he was looking for a scoring foward .

source : http://rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/HO...N3FBECE2F.html

it's in french sorry :(

V for Voodoo 11-21-2003 07:40 PM

What teams wouldn't trade scoring forwards for 7th dmen? Gainey will have his veritable pick of the litter.

Psycho Papa Joe 11-21-2003 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
What teams wouldn't trade scoring forwards for 7th dmen? Gainey will have his veritable pick of the litter.

The story actually says a veteran d-man, not 7th d-man. So that could be anybody not named Markov or Hainsey.

Maithz 11-21-2003 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
What teams wouldn't trade scoring forwards for 7th dmen? Gainey will have his veritable pick of the litter.


it could be Markov , Brisebois , Rivet , Souray , Hainsey , Bouillon , Quintal

Takeo 11-21-2003 07:43 PM

I'm assuming Gainey is gonna hold onto Hainsey and Markov unless someone overpays. Brisebois can't be moved because of his contract. Souray is extremely injury prone. Quintal is on the downside of his career. Bouillon is garbage.

I guess my candidate would be Rivet.

Not sure about takers though.

V for Voodoo 11-21-2003 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takeo21
I'm assuming Gainey is gonna hold onto Hainsey and Markov unless someone overpays. Brisebois can't be moved because of his contract. Souray is extremely injury prone. Quintal is on the downside of his career. Bouillon is garbage.

I guess my candidate would be Rivet.

Not sure about takers though.

Rivet is also largely overpaid.

V for Voodoo 11-21-2003 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho Joe
The story actually says a veteran d-man, not 7th d-man. So that could be anybody not named Markov or Hainsey.

OK. Not all of us can read the link.
I don't see the Habs moving Markov or Hainsey, and don't see any of the others landing a legitimate offensive forward.

Psycho Papa Joe 11-21-2003 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
OK. Not all of us can read the link.
I don't see the Habs moving Markov or Hainsey, and don't see any of the others landing a legitimate offensive forward.

Souray probably could land a pretty sweet return, and Rivet or Brisebois could be dealt for an overpriced forward.

Takeo 11-21-2003 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
Rivet is also largely overpaid.

Yeah, 2.5 mil. Wasn't aware of that. Well I guess it's gotta be Souray but he's at 1.6 mil which may still scare some teams. The Habs may be SOL.

Maithz 11-21-2003 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho Joe
Souray probably could land a pretty sweet return, and Rivet or Brisebois could be dealt for an overpriced forward.


Maybe Rivet or Brisebois for Primeau :dunno:

Takeo 11-21-2003 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HABS-65
Maybe Rivet or Brisebois for Primeau :dunno:

Valuewise it's close but the last thing the Flyers need is another d-man.

arsobro 11-21-2003 08:41 PM

If BG bring komi to mtl, it will be a right d like Brisebois or Rivet. I think that rivet have a better trade value then Brisebois. An overpaid F could be great in return but a 2nd or 3rd round pick could be great

Ironchef Chris Wok* 11-21-2003 08:52 PM

I woudl keep Quintel if I were MTL. Isn't his incredibly bloated salary being covered by EVERYBODY ELSE so that he's only making 450k as a Hab?

That's good value. He bring experience as a bottom pairing d-man at a good price.

SUOMI 11-21-2003 10:32 PM

maybe Rivet for Carter...I think they making about the same thing, and Carter is in Sather's dog house...is that fair :dunno: I don't makes trade proposal very often, (well, pretty close to never I should say...), but it's sound good for me...Is the Rags still looking for a dmen even with the return of Leetch??

Traitor8 11-21-2003 10:54 PM

Is Kovalev in Sather's dog house for not contributing as much?

Could he be had ??

Rivet+Plekanec+Kilger
for
Kovalev ?

Trottier 11-21-2003 11:16 PM

Hamrlik ($3.6M)/ Parrish ($2.3M)

for

Hainsey (< $1.1M)/ Souray ($1.6M)

Habs add offense Parrish is a proven 20+ goal scorer, is just entering the prime of his career and though not a physical specimen, plays a consistently gritty game. He is an upspectacular player, but certainly fills Gainey's reported need. Hamrlik becomes your best defenseman. He too, is just in his prime (29) and should have many more years left. Logs a ton of minutes, plays on all special teams, and would be an ideal skilled veteran presence on your backline, as Komisarek (and even the still-youngish Markov) develop.

Isles add a tough customer to their backline. Souray, when healthy, is a #4 on numerous teams; if he is on your third-pairing, you are deep. Hainsey is a young, talented player who won't necessarily become a flashy backliner, but a steady one. Has much to learn; much to offer. Isles pare approx. $3M in payroll in this exchange, which would be the primary reason I'd consider it from their standpoint. Allows for further penny-pinching moves (Cairns? Janne? :eek: ).

Evil Sather 11-21-2003 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUOMI
maybe Rivet for Carter...I think they making about the same thing, and Carter is in Sather's dog house...is that fair :dunno: I don't makes trade proposal very often, (well, pretty close to never I should say...), but it's sound good for me...Is the Rags still looking for a dmen even with the return of Leetch??

Rags go 8 deep on D, and the 7th (Bouchard) pretty much outplays 5 of the top 6 but isn't played often for varying, Sather-like reasons. No need for a 9th guy.

Evil Sather 11-21-2003 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komisarek8
Is Kovalev in Sather's dog house for not contributing as much?

Could he be had ??

Rivet+Plekanec+Kilger
for
Kovalev ?

I will be very nice and not be edited by a mod (again) and simply say, no.

Evil Sather 11-21-2003 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trottier
Hamrlik ($3.6M)/ Parrish ($2.3M)

for

Hainsey (< $1.1M)/ Souray ($1.6M)

Habs add offense Parrish is a proven 20+ goal scorer, is just entering the prime of his career and though not a physical specimen, plays a consistently gritty game. He is an upspectacular player, but certainly fills Gainey's reported need. Hamrlik becomes your best defenseman. He too, is just in his prime (29) and should have many more years left. Logs a ton of minutes, plays on all special teams, and would be an ideal skilled veteran presence on your backline, as Komisarek (and even the still-youngish Markov) develop.

Isles add a tough customer to their backline. Souray, when healthy, is a #4 on numerous teams; if he is on your third-pairing, you are deep. Hainsey is a young, talented player who won't necessarily become a flashy backliner, but a steady one. Has much to learn; much to offer. Isles pare approx. $3M in payroll in this exchange, which would be the primary reason I'd consider it from their standpoint. Allows for further penny-pinching moves (Cairns? Janne? :eek: ).

Very generous from a talent standpoint for the Isles, but salary constraints are salary constraints... MTL should jump on that like Rush Limbaugh on some Meth. I swear, if one Habs fan says it's unfair because Hainsey is young and full of potential blee blee blah blah I'm gonna flip though :p.

Munchausen 11-22-2003 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takeo21
Well I guess it's gotta be Souray but he's at 1.6 mil which may still scare some teams. The Habs may be SOL.

I'd beg to differ. Souray is the clear Habs #1 right now and the back bone of this team at D. He's clearly the best defensively, physically and even offensively with 6 goals, while providing much needed leadership. Souray is going nowhere unless Gainey is offered a very tempting deal. He wants to make room for Komisarek, not downgrade his D corps all together.

Additionally, dealing one of Souray, Hainsey, Bouillon or Markov wouldn't make room for Komisarek anyway as they're all LDs. So if the article is true (which I also doubt considering RDS is the source and they have a tendency to deform/interpret/rearrange original news to stir things up), I'd say that it could only be one of Brisebois, Rivet or Quintal. I'm also assuming Gainey would be ready to take on unwanted salaries in the return or eat some from his dealt players to optimize value.

EDIT: Also if RDS took their story from The Gazette, an english speaking newspaper in Montreal, Gainey doesn't say clearly he wants to move a veteran Dman to make room for Komisarek or get offensive help, but rather that he beleives the D is deep and Komisarek could play with the team if it wasn't for that factor (he's not the one actually mentioning a trade in the work).

Here's a quote from the article:
Quote:

''Right now, we're a team that's strongest on defence. It's where I feel we have the most depth, and we've got someone in the minors (Mike Komisarek) who perhaps should be with us right now. We've got guys, I feel, who are pretty mobile - who can do alot of things - but with the depth we have, maybe we can do something else with one of the players in another position.''

"Obviously, you have to score goals to win," Gainey said. "When I say that, I'm not telling anybody something they don't know. So why haven't we been doing it?" he asked. "Not everybody scores goals, but part of it is size, I suppose.

"We got a few in Vancouver the other night, but what I'd like to see from our players is to have them getting up more often out of the other team's crease. It's all about intensity," Gainey said. "I want to see them working like hell getting to rebounds around the other net. I want to see them involved in scrums. I want to see them in all kinds of scrums."

Brownies 11-22-2003 03:56 AM

MTL looking to trade a defenseman.
 
They said on RDS that Bob Gainey wants to make some room for Mike Komisarek. He wants to trade a veteran for a forward. So, who's going : Brisebois, Rivet or Quintal ??? Nobody seems to want Brisebois and Rivet has a no-trade clause (I think), so it may be Quintal. Well, I don't think Montreal will get Forsberg :rolly: .

Sabot55 11-22-2003 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brownies
They said on RDS that Bob Gainey wants to make some room for Mike Komisarek. He wants to trade a veteran for a forward. So, who's going : Brisebois, Rivet or Quintal ??? Nobody seems to want Brisebois and Rivet has a no-trade clause (I think), so it may be Quintal. Well, I don't think Montreal will get Forsberg :rolly: .

I can fix that problem. Trade Komisarek to Buffalo, then Gainey won't need to make room for him. :p

SabresRule 11-22-2003 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabot55
I can fix that problem. Trade Komisarek to Buffalo, then Gainey won't need to make room for him. :p

whats the bio on komrisarek?

after Gainey's thoughts on Brisbous earlier in the season, i cant see him being shopped, quintal or rivet, rivet possibly, if he takes the bait, quintal i cant see going.

i doubt you'll get much tho, the best forward from us for any of those will be Connelly, at a long shot.

FF de Mars 11-22-2003 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trottier
Hamrlik ($3.6M)/ Parrish ($2.3M)

for

Hainsey (< $1.1M)/ Souray ($1.6M)

Habs add offense Parrish is a proven 20+ goal scorer, is just entering the prime of his career and though not a physical specimen, plays a consistently gritty game. He is an upspectacular player, but certainly fills Gainey's reported need. Hamrlik becomes your best defenseman. He too, is just in his prime (29) and should have many more years left. Logs a ton of minutes, plays on all special teams, and would be an ideal skilled veteran presence on your backline, as Komisarek (and even the still-youngish Markov) develop.

Isles add a tough customer to their backline. Souray, when healthy, is a #4 on numerous teams; if he is on your third-pairing, you are deep. Hainsey is a young, talented player who won't necessarily become a flashy backliner, but a steady one. Has much to learn; much to offer. Isles pare approx. $3M in payroll in this exchange, which would be the primary reason I'd consider it from their standpoint. Allows for further penny-pinching moves (Cairns? Janne? :eek: ).

I would do it from a habs point of view. I think the deal helps the habs a lot. And moreover, there's many habs garbage players who are turning UFAs so the habs would have money to throw around.

But you will find many hab fans who are very impressed by Souray's play this season and thinking Hainsey is the next Sydor. That's why I'm not sure your proposal would be that popular.

Still, good proposal.

AzNDrAgOn 11-22-2003 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trottier
Hamrlik ($3.6M)/ Parrish ($2.3M)

for

Hainsey (< $1.1M)/ Souray ($1.6M)

Habs add offense Parrish is a proven 20+ goal scorer, is just entering the prime of his career and though not a physical specimen, plays a consistently gritty game. He is an upspectacular player, but certainly fills Gainey's reported need. Hamrlik becomes your best defenseman. He too, is just in his prime (29) and should have many more years left. Logs a ton of minutes, plays on all special teams, and would be an ideal skilled veteran presence on your backline, as Komisarek (and even the still-youngish Markov) develop.

Isles add a tough customer to their backline. Souray, when healthy, is a #4 on numerous teams; if he is on your third-pairing, you are deep. Hainsey is a young, talented player who won't necessarily become a flashy backliner, but a steady one. Has much to learn; much to offer. Isles pare approx. $3M in payroll in this exchange, which would be the primary reason I'd consider it from their standpoint. Allows for further penny-pinching moves (Cairns? Janne? :eek: ).

Value-wise it's good, but I don't think Gilett will want to add another 3 millions in our payroll with the upcoming CBA. He cleary stated that he wants the team's payroll to stay in the low 40 millions. We're already highly above.. so if we add 3 millions, it's going to make it around 50 millions. Even with the addition of Parrish and Hamrlik, we're far from being contenders... Assuming that Juneau (2.0M), Perreault(2.8M), Dackell(1.4M) and Quintal (450K) will be gone. It clears around 6M. Don't get me wrong, but with the 6M gone, we are going to have a payroll of exactly around 40M.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.