HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Feeling stupid? i know I am! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=30151)

mrhockey123 11-21-2003 08:22 PM

Feeling stupid? i know I am!

LOL I just finished up my dry run for tomorow.

the final count:
-winter boots
-thermal socks...wow theyre warm :d
-briefs
-thermal longjohns
-thermal socks
-thermal jeans (they have this weird felt stuff inside
-track pants
-thermal shirt
-wool sweater
-vest
-winter jacket
-balaclava
-oilers touque (mainly for looks

Im also taking my sleeping bag to sit on or to sit IN whichever becomes necessary.

I wonder if Im forgetting anything lmao.

Is everyone else doing the same thing? or am i crazy and overreacting? they said it could be -18 tomorow and thats insanely cold!! :teach:
-----

Question....

I found this thing on the oilers' website about what youre not allowed to bring.

I read something about a camera but it was either 35mm or 35 zoom. You cant bring a camera with (35mm/35X not sure which) does anyone know? I really reallly would like to take a camera even if I snap the worst pictures in the world. I just want something to remember the day by.

-----

I doubt Ill sleep tonight, tomorow will be one of those days we tell our grandkids about, this will be unbelievable.

Thanks to everyone who helped make this day possible!! :bow:

Fincan 11-21-2003 08:36 PM

My question is can we bring our own Hot Drinks (Tea, Hot Chocolate, Coffee, whatever). I have read that we can not bring our own hot drinks in to the game (which would be typical for any type of large event) but I have also read that "the Oilers organisation realises that it is gonna be cold so people can bring their own hot liquids" and both were in the damn journal which made me even more confused.

My plan of action is to bring that article with me that said that we can bring outside warm drinks in with us just so I can shove it in the Security Guards face if they try to stop me and hope that works.

mrhockey123 11-21-2003 08:42 PM

i can see SOMEBODY is anxious to be strip searched :lol:

o98 11-21-2003 08:52 PM

I wouldn't say thats overkill for 7 hours out in the -15C weather.

You just have to hope nature doesn't call :eek:

I really hope they let camera's in, since some of us DON'T have tickets, we appreciate photos just as much as the ones that did get to go. :cry:

But on the 'lighter' side, how many fat shirtless guys with their guts painted in the Oilers blue and orange are expected to show up in the nosebleeds tomorrow? :eek:

Fincan 11-21-2003 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrhockey123
i can see SOMEBODY is anxious to be strip searched :lol:

shhht, dont tell anyone

bfan 11-21-2003 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fincan
My question is can we bring our own Hot Drinks (Tea, Hot Chocolate, Coffee, whatever). I have read that we can not bring our own hot drinks in to the game (which would be typical for any type of large event) but I have also read that "the Oilers organisation realises that it is gonna be cold so people can bring their own hot liquids" and both were in the damn journal which made me even more confused.

My plan of action is to bring that article with me that said that we can bring outside warm drinks in with us just so I can shove it in the Security Guards face if they try to stop me and hope that works.

You are allowed to bring a thermos. Thermos of coffee or whatever. Confirmed by CFRN news a few days ago.

bfan 11-21-2003 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilersfan98
You just have to hope nature doesn't call :eek:

Catheters work. ;)

Fincan 11-21-2003 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bfan
You are allowed to bring a thermos. Thermos of coffee or whatever. Confirmed by CFRN news a few days ago.

thanks man.......still think Im gonna bring the article with me, just in case.

baxter 11-21-2003 09:15 PM

I have been planning for the cold for a long time now and have managed to put on a staggering amount of body fat for this game. All those Molsons while watching the oilers games are gonna be handy tomorrow. Not to mention the staggering amount of Nachos i have consumed over the last few years. First time I have ever been happy to have the beer gut.

Hemmer 11-21-2003 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrhockey123
LOL I just finished up my dry run for tomorow.

the final count:
-winter boots
-thermal socks...wow theyre warm :d
-briefs
-thermal longjohns
-thermal socks
-thermal jeans (they have this weird felt stuff inside
-track pants
-thermal shirt
-wool sweater
-vest
-winter jacket
-balaclava
-oilers touque (mainly for looks

Im also taking my sleeping bag to sit on or to sit IN whichever becomes necessary.

Thanks to everyone who helped make this day possible!! :bow:

Wow...my list is almost identical. Down to the sleeping bag...

Nice.

:rolly:

Fincan 11-21-2003 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baxter
I have been planning for the cold for a long time now and have managed to put on a staggering amount of body fat for this game. All those Molsons while watching the oilers games are gonna be handy tomorrow. Not to mention the staggering amount of Nachos i have consumed over the last few years. First time I have ever been happy to have the beer gut.

me too, Ive been preparing about 5 years for this game :(

Mowzie 11-21-2003 11:39 PM

no, you are definately not over reacting, im gonna be dressed the same way atleast, and i will have a sleeping bag too. Me and my buddies were thinking that it would be funny to all go shirtless and paint H Y P O T H E R M I A on our bellys. unfortunately we value life a little more than that. heres my checklist for those wondering...

thermal underwear with really tight boxers on top, then thermal longjohns, tight jogging pants, with baggy joggers on top and insulated sno-boarding pants. up top i got a wife beater with a longsleeve underwear shirt, then a fleece jacket, then a hoodie, then my oil jerey and thick gortex coat for kicks. I've got 2 pairs of wool socks that im gonna double up on under insulated sorel boots. On the ol' noggin, Ive got a thermal balaklava (pat woodcock style), a scarf, an oil touque all tightly wrapped in a blanket then stuffed in my dads $200 extra thermally insulated, military death shelter like sleeping bag........yup, I'm ready.

H-Bear 11-22-2003 04:15 AM

You guys are taking all these precautions, but you just know there is going to be a lot of no talent *** clowns that are going to wear jeans and a jacket, freeze their nads off, then ask one of you if he/she could borrow something of yours to steer off death.

Oilhitch 11-22-2003 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mowzie
no, you are definately not over reacting, im gonna be dressed the same way atleast, and i will have a sleeping bag too. Me and my buddies were thinking that it would be funny to all go shirtless and paint H Y P O T H E R M I A on our bellys. unfortunately we value life a little more than that. heres my checklist for those wondering...

thermal underwear with really tight boxers on top, then thermal longjohns, tight jogging pants, with baggy joggers on top and insulated sno-boarding pants. up top i got a wife beater with a longsleeve underwear shirt, then a fleece jacket, then a hoodie, then my oil jerey and thick gortex coat for kicks. I've got 2 pairs of wool socks that im gonna double up on under insulated sorel boots. On the ol' noggin, Ive got a thermal balaklava (pat woodcock style), a scarf, an oil touque all tightly wrapped in a blanket then stuffed in my dads $200 extra thermally insulated, military death shelter like sleeping bag........yup, I'm ready.

I too, have a $300.00 sleeping bag that is good for up to -45. Although I wasnt planning on bringing it I just might. The only thing is, is that it is HUGE. But I guess its better to be warm.

Oilhitch 11-22-2003 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bfan
Catheters work. ;)

Well I went to go buy one but they are sold out around Edmonton :lol:

rabi_sultan 11-22-2003 11:53 AM

i didnt see gloves on anybody's list

you did remember that rite or have i just set off panic?