HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Assistant Captains (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=301652)

Sports1131 10-17-2006 10:38 PM

Assistant Captains

Was Kovalev recently stripped of his A? I noticed tonight that Souray and Rivet had them, but not Alex. I probably just took too long to notice, but wasn't Kovalev one of the captains last year?

Shabutie 10-17-2006 10:41 PM

I don't remember when the last time Kovalev had them but Souray and Rivet are much more deserving.

Malakhov 10-17-2006 10:53 PM

Higgins should get an "A" since he'll be wearing the "C" in a few years, he needs to get used of wearing a letter on his jersey.

:D

Clumsyhab 10-17-2006 11:16 PM

Kovy didn't have the "A" since the beginning of the year (away & home).

coolguy21415 10-17-2006 11:34 PM

They switched them around a couple times last season, so I wouldn't be surprised if that happens again.

CrAzYNiNe 10-18-2006 12:34 AM

For the millionth time

ALTERNATE captain

JMMR 10-18-2006 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe (Post 6795970)
For the millionth time

ALTERNATE captain

I know that is the real meaning but if Koivu is out does any other player wear the C no so I would say they are not alternate :sarcasm:

I think Kovy should get it back because the habs need a Russian leader to defend Markov and Perezhogin

NewHabsEra* 10-18-2006 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malakhov (Post 6795076)
Higgins should get an "A" since he'll be wearing the "C" in a few years, he needs to get used of wearing a letter on his jersey.

:D

Chipchura will... Komisarek and Higgins with the A.

CrAzYNiNe 10-18-2006 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMMR (Post 6795983)
I know that is the real meaning but if Koivu is out does any other player wear the C no so I would say they are not alternate :sarcasm:

I think Kovy should get it back because the habs need a Russian leader to defend Markov and Perezhogin

What? what? what????

A russian leader? Are you serious? The team defends the team. It's not because Kovalev is russian means anything. What?

So confused by how pointless that was

oh and for the alternate captain thing, Koivu is out captain and ye s no one would wear the C if he goes down, 3 As like before, but still doesn't change the fact that it's alternate

oh and on another not, I could be wrong, but don't Drury and Briere both haves C on their jersey during the same game? OR ones away and ones home, I know I saw Briere with the C and Drury too, just not the same game

HabuseMoi 10-18-2006 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewHabsArea (Post 6796008)

come on, he hasn't made the NHL yet

Bobby Clark 10-18-2006 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe (Post 6796145)
What? what? what????

A russian leader? Are you serious? The team defends the team. It's not because Kovalev is russian means anything. What?

So confused by how pointless that was

oh and for the alternate captain thing, Koivu is out captain and ye s no one would wear the C if he goes down, 3 As like before, but still doesn't change the fact that it's alternate

oh and on another not, I could be wrong, but don't Drury and Briere both haves C on their jersey during the same game? OR ones away and ones home, I know I saw Briere with the C and Drury too, just not the same game

Well they change each game since they are co-captains so one game Drury has the C while Briere has an A and next game Briere has the C while Drury gets an A.So i guess they have 3 A's each game and a C.

NewHabsEra* 10-18-2006 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabuseMoi (Post 6796271)
come on, he hasn't made the NHL yet

And???

The only thing holding him out of the NHL right now is his foot speed and the kid is only 20 year old, first Pro season... He has everything to become an ideal third line center in the NHL, he is an amazing competitor as well as a great leader.. Just catch some of his interviews, the kid looks so mature, such a nice guy.. I personally think he will be an as great leader as Peca is, thats why I see him as our future captain... Komi and Higgins wearing the A.. I see it in my crystal ball...;)

coolguy21415 10-18-2006 07:49 AM

Chipchura aside, what kind of message does it send to your team when your third line centre is captain? Regardless of leadership qualities, it wouldn't really inspire offensive creativity. I could see this 5 years ago, when checking and grinding were the only ways to play the game, but now that offensive skill and speed are so prevalent and important qualities, I think you're better off giving the C to a game-changer.

Habs 4 Life 10-18-2006 08:45 AM

Quote:

No chance,this is Higgins team in 3 years

Habs4Lyfe 10-18-2006 09:10 AM

Quote:

are u serious?? There is no way on earth Chips is gonna get the "C" before Higgins...as someone above me posted...this is gonna be Higgin's team in the future...with Begin and Komisarek with the "A" :yo: :yo:

remember kids...i said FUTURE...not NOW...so dont get all riled up about how Komi is still young and bla bla bla...this kid seems as if he has a lot of POTENTIAL leadership qualities...on and off the ice!

baldrick 10-18-2006 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedScull (Post 6796970)
Chipchura aside, what kind of message does it send to your team when your third line centre is captain? Regardless of leadership qualities, it wouldn't really inspire offensive creativity. I could see this 5 years ago, when checking and grinding were the only ways to play the game, but now that offensive skill and speed are so prevalent and important qualities, I think you're better off giving the C to a game-changer.

A captain is a person with leadership capabilities, if the best leader on your team is your top goal scorer great, but your top goal scorer isn't necesarily a leader. Why were Gainey, Carbo, Gretzky, and Lemieux all great captains? Character. I also believe Higgins will be the next captain of the Habs. :yo:

kostitsyn1489 10-18-2006 12:48 PM

Quote:

No way it can be possible Higgins tought about learning french.:bow:

Seriously I think Chichura is a better leader then Higgins But in 3 Years Higgins will deserve it more. We'll see... still a lot of time left.