HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Nov 22 GDT: Kings v. Colorado (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=30171)

David A. Rainer 11-21-2003 11:54 PM

Nov 22 GDT: Kings v. Colorado
 
Los Angeles Kings (9-7-1-1) at the Colorado Av's (12-5-1-1) @ 6:00PM PST.

The game can be seen on FSW.

Cechmanek has started a bunch of games straight, so I'm thinking Huet is going to get the nod. Hopefully he can knock some of the rust off. The Kings are going to have to tighten up the defense and cut down the amount of shots and scoring ops Colorado gets. Look for a scrappy game led by Matty and Miller. Av's win 2-1.

LA Kings Rule 11-22-2003 09:01 AM

Kings will win, Andy will have them ready.

Sydor25 11-22-2003 10:01 AM

Colorado's last ten games: 7-1-1-1

I would love the Kings to win, but I don't think that whichever goalie starts will finish the game. :(

5-1 Colorado. :(

But, of course, I hope I am wrong. :)

Go Kings Go :handclap:

RoyIsALegend* 11-22-2003 10:03 AM

Kings will win 19-2.

David A. Rainer 11-22-2003 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
Kings will win 19-2.

Someone was looking at my bold predictions from last week.

Legionnaire 11-22-2003 10:39 AM

This game is a must win IMO. The Kings cannot end up 9-8-1-1

Sydor25 11-22-2003 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legionnaire
This game is a must win IMO. The Kings cannot end up 9-8-1-1

A must win on November 22nd against a non-divisional opponent? No, not yet. 9-8-1-1 is pretty good with the players they Kings have available. We are only one point away from the 3rd seed and have 3 games in hand.

I'm more worried about the divisional games. The Kings need to stop losing points within the division. I can't see the runner-up in the Pacific division getting anything higher than a 7th or 8th seed.

Let's go Kings. :handclap:

punchy1 11-22-2003 11:05 AM

That is the first smart post I have seen RIAL make. Bloody genius. ;)

agentfouser 11-22-2003 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydor25
A must win on November 22nd against a non-divisional opponent? No, not yet. 9-8-1-1 is pretty good with the players they Kings have available. We are only one point away from the 3rd seed and have 3 games in hand.

I'm more worried about the divisional games. The Kings need to stop losing points within the division. I can't see the runner-up in the Pacific division getting anything higher than a 7th or 8th seed.

Let's go Kings. :handclap:

i agree with legionnaire, this is a must-win, or at least a must-play-well. i wouldn't say that its a must-win from the standpoint of standings; instead, the kings need to demonstrate their ability to bounce back. it will show a lot of grit and maturity to come back for the second road game in two nights against a tough opponent and play well.

agentfouser 11-22-2003 11:51 AM

by the way, anyone watching espn classic right now? kings-leafs, game 7 1993. donnelly just scored on zhitnik's rebound.

punchy1 11-22-2003 12:04 PM

Great crack. Since I am in Los Angeles for the next two weeks and then back to Kiwiville (more's the pitty although it is about summer so nice and warm) is there any special place that you fellows get off to for a pint and watch the game on the tele? I asked my employer but he said he wasn't too much into going to pub for anything. I am in Palos Verdes but have a brilliant Ducati SuperMono Racer that has been made street legal for transit and like to stretch it out.

Donnelly played for the Stars didn't he or was that the other little fellow that used to be on his line? I wonder where those two ended up.

Legionnaire 11-22-2003 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agentfouser
i agree with legionnaire, this is a must-win, or at least a must-play-well. i wouldn't say that its a must-win from the standpoint of standings; instead, the kings need to demonstrate their ability to bounce back. it will show a lot of grit and maturity to come back for the second road game in two nights against a tough opponent and play well.

Not only that, but this team need to show that they can play with the "big boys" of the Western Conference.

So far we are 0-4

@Det L 2-3
Van L 1-3
STL L 1-0
@Dal L 1-3

punchy1 11-22-2003 12:18 PM

I don't dissagree but for me, I get a little wound tightly for each match so they all seem like must wins for my bloody taste. We could be 70 and 1 and I would say that we need to nip the next one to prove we could.

LuckyLUC20 11-22-2003 01:04 PM

sadly, I will have to go against the Kings tonight and say the Avs will win 5-2... too much Sakic, Hejduk and Tanguay.

prove me wrong, boys! GO KINGS!

Legionnaire 11-22-2003 04:06 PM

Huet will get the start tonight.. Some big line changes

Frolov Belanger Klatt

Brown Cammelleri Palffy

Avery Chartrand Lappy

Luc Sim Brennen

Legionnaire 11-22-2003 04:40 PM

Brown's going to score his first tonight; I just have that feeling ;)

Sydor25 11-22-2003 05:12 PM

Palffy on the PP. From Squid and Frolov.


Kings 1-0

:handclap:

Legionnaire 11-22-2003 05:13 PM

Nice Ziggy from "the future" Cam and Fro :bow: :yo: :teach:

Legionnaire 11-22-2003 05:26 PM

Nice "fight" by Avery to get Morris off the ice for 5 minutes

Sydor25 11-22-2003 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Brown's going to score his first tonight; I just have that feeling ;)

Nice call....Finally Brown has it!!!! :handclap:

Kings 2-0

From Squid and Palffy.

Legionnaire 11-22-2003 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Brown's going to score his first tonight; I just have that feeling ;)


:handclap: I called it. Nice pass by Cammy! Go Dustin!!!! Congratulations on your first NHL goal :handclap:

Legionnaire 11-22-2003 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydor25
Nice call....Finally Brown has it!!!! :handclap:

Kings 2-0

From Squid and Palffy.

Thank you :) It wasn't pretty, but it counts.

willie 11-22-2003 05:32 PM

Congrats Dustin. Here's hoping it will be the first of many in a King uni.

And 2 very nice passes by Cammalleri. From what little we have seen, he definetly looks much improved and more comfortable than last year. Good to see.

Sydor25 11-22-2003 05:33 PM

Are the refs ever going to call a holding penalty against the avs tonight? Frolov was just tackled in the crease and the ref is making a stupid hand pass call. :dunno:

Sydor25 11-22-2003 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willie
Congrats Dustin. Here's hoping it will be the first of many in a King uni.

And 2 very nice passes by Cammalleri. From what little we have seen, he definetly looks much improved and more comfortable than last year. Good to see.

This is how he was playing in camp, he was slowed down by the injury.

The Kings better be ready for a much improved avs team in the third. Huet has looked good tonight. Not bad for having a month off.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.