HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Phoenix GM Mike Barnett is itching to make a deal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=303554)

Artyukhin* 10-22-2006 07:41 PM

Phoenix GM Mike Barnett is itching to make a deal

"Phoenix GM Mike Barnett is itching to make a deal. Sources say every player on the Coyotes is available ó including RW Shane Doan and LW Ladislav Nagy, both soon-to-be unrestricted free agents. Contract talks with Doan before training camp didnít go well. The Coyotes may also move C Dave Scatchard".

http://spectorshockey.tripod.com/spe...e_rumours.html

Now loooking over there roster any Nagy fans out there He would loook great in a Habs jersey . Nagy and Johnson back together . :)

any names there you would be willing to deal for ?

Shane Doan
Mike Comrie
Ladislav Nagy
Steven Reinprecht -injured atleast 1 month
Ed Jovanovski
Owen Nolan
Oleg Saprykin
Derek Morris
Fredrik Sjostrom
Keith Ballard -Injured out 4 weeks
Zbynek Michalek
Joel Perrault
Nick Boynton
Dave Scatchard
Jeremy Roenick
Keith Yandle
Enver Lisin
Michael Zigomanis
Georges Laraque
Josh Gratton
Patrick Fischer
Dennis Seidenberg

Traitor8 10-22-2006 07:47 PM

We need a center which both Doan and Nagy are not ...i'm not very interested in Comrie.

Gainey may be interested in Doan (IMO only) if Kovalev would move to center or something.

Ryder-Koivu-Higgins
Samsonov-Kovalev-Doan
Perezhogin-Bonk-Johnson
Begin-Plekanec-Latendresse

Phil Parent 10-22-2006 07:52 PM

Yeah, except Doan is in court with a Liberal MP over the anti-francophone comments that Nagy made, so no.

And I'm looking at their roster, and see nothing interesting.

#57 10-22-2006 07:54 PM

Aebischer + Souray for Jovanovski. :dunno:

DicAnns 10-22-2006 07:55 PM

Nagy has mad skills for sure, but he's not what we need right now...
plus his history of injuries is quite scary...

Artyukhin* 10-22-2006 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DicAnn's73 (Post 6849468)
Nagy has mad skills for sure, but he's not what we need right now...
plus his history of injuries is quite scary...

reminds me of breire's injury history . doesnt scare buffalo much

there are a few dmen on that list there i wouldnt mind tho

hototogisu 10-22-2006 07:58 PM

Cmon guys, we already robbed them blind in the Johnson deal...let's just leave them alone ;)

MXD 10-22-2006 08:01 PM

Forget Laraque, NTC.

I'd wait, like, if one of our D's gets injured, and if Cube is out for while as we expects, and if Streit continue playing badly...

Wait.

Streit plays well.

Why get another D who would be either expensive or not a legit no.2 guy...

No way.

TheHoser 10-22-2006 08:08 PM

Hmm.. maybe we can talk them out of Owen Nolan and Jeremy Roenick if they're desperate...

Phil Parent 10-22-2006 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHoser (Post 6849622)
Hmm.. maybe we can talk them out of Owen Nolan and Jeremy Roenick if they're desperate...

I do hope you are being sarcastic.

znk 10-22-2006 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHoser (Post 6849622)

uh...

Dr_Hook 10-22-2006 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil Parent (Post 6849436)
Yeah, except Doan is in court with a Liberal MP over the anti-francophone comments that Nagy made, so no.

And I'm looking at their roster, and see nothing interesting.

Doan >>>>>> Denis Coderre :sarcasm:

I've always liked Doan. I know we wanted to draft him back in the days. He'd be a huge upgrade over Samsonov on the second line and earns a little less. But unless they're willing to take big salary(ies) off our hand (Sammy himself?), there is no way we can pull it off; Sadly.

Phil Parent 10-22-2006 08:12 PM

On second thought, I'd probably ask the price for Keith Yandle.

20 years old, was CHL Defenseman Of The Year.

Although the "Entire Roster" thing probably doesn't include him.

Shabutie 10-22-2006 08:15 PM

I think Doan might be worth trading off Kostitsyn or Perez + a veteran + a pick (conditional if Doan re-signs).

Habs13 10-22-2006 08:18 PM

I'd like Doan but not the price he'd cost us. His cousin is aleady Habs popety though..so... nah, nevemind.

Michalek? Hmm...

Chocho39 10-22-2006 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #57 (Post 6849463)
Aebischer + Souray for Jovanovski. :dunno:

Jovanovski has no value, I would not give a late pick for him and I wouldn't take him via the waivers too.

SpezNc 10-22-2006 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs13 (Post 6849743)
I'd like Doan but not the price he'd cost us. His cousin is aleady Habs popety though..so... nah, nevemind.

Michalek? Hmm...

who is his cousin?

coolguy21415 10-22-2006 08:52 PM

Later on in the season I would have interest in Comrie. I like that he's an impending UFA, so there's no real downside to a deal if he bombs, and he wouldn't cost much.

Picking up another high-priced winger (Doan or Nagy) isn't going to help us.. we're weak at centre.. and that's not going to be helped.

Artyukhin* 10-22-2006 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpezNc (Post 6850023)
who is his cousin?

carey price

goalchenyuk 10-22-2006 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MXD (Post 6849554)
Forget Laraque, NTC.

I'd wait, like, if one of our D's gets injured, and if Cube is out for while as we expects, and if Streit continue playing badly...

Wait.

Streit plays well.

Why get another D who would be either expensive or not a legit no.2 guy...

No way.

Because Rivet plays bad ...:D

coolguy21415 10-22-2006 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# (Post 6850132)
Because Rivet plays bad ...:D

Boynton is about the only attractive defenseman on that roster, but he likely won't be traded because he was just signed this season.
I don't see Jovocop or Morris being significantly better than Souray, and we don't have the prospect depth to get either of them without giving up a good roster player in return as well. Not to mention they both make way too much money.
But if we could get Boynton for a B prospect and Rivet or Streit, I'd pull the trigger.

sonnytheman 10-22-2006 09:18 PM

Well, Doan would be great but he'll cost an arm and a leg, plus he's UFA after this season so I'm not sure he'd be worth going after. Same goes for Nagy, plus he's had contract issues as well.

Jovanovski just signed as a UFA, so I doubt he'll get traded.

Michalek, Yandle, Ballard, Lisin are going nowhere, they're the future of that team.

I'd love to have Scatchard on this team. He has a big contract (3 mill for 2 more seasons after this, I think), but he'd be a great guy to have on this team. If he's going for somewhat cheap, then I really hope Gainey goes after him.

I'd also want Boynton/Morris on this team(preferably Boynton), they'd be great on the right side of our defence. If we can trade Dandenault as part of the package for one of them, the right side of our D could look like this:

Boynton/Morris, Komisarek, Rivet

which is pretty damn good if you ask me.

So yeah, if we could get Scatchard and one of Boynton/Morris while not trading too much of our future and still be under the cap, then I'd be really happy. It'd be hard to pull off, just cus of their contracts.

SpreeEndaz 10-22-2006 09:47 PM

Nagy and a first-round pick for Huet and Plekanec then move Kovalev to the center and you get:

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder
Nagy - Kovalev - Perezhogin
Samsonov - Bonk - Johnson
Murray - Begin - Latendresse

coolguy21415 10-22-2006 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonnytheman (Post 6850239)
Well, Doan would be great but he'll cost an arm and a leg, plus he's UFA after this season so I'm not sure he'd be worth going after. Same goes for Nagy, plus he's had contract issues as well.

Jovanovski just signed as a UFA, so I doubt he'll get traded.

Michalek, Yandle, Ballard, Lisin are going nowhere, they're the future of that team.

I'd love to have Scatchard on this team. He has a big contract (3 mill for 2 more seasons after this, I think), but he'd be a great guy to have on this team. If he's going for somewhat cheap, then I really hope Gainey goes after him.

I'd also want Boynton/Morris on this team(preferably Boynton), they'd be great on the right side of our defence. If we can trade Dandenault as part of the package for one of them, the right side of our D could look like this:

Boynton/Morris, Komisarek, Rivet

which is pretty damn good if you ask me.

So yeah, if we could get Scatchard and one of Boynton/Morris while not trading too much of our future and still be under the cap, then I'd be really happy. It'd be hard to pull off, just cus of their contracts.

I'd rather have Dandenault than Boynton.. Dandy is so versatile, and is so energetic that it would be awful if we traded him. While Boynton is good (and pretty cheap) I think that deal would be a mistake. If we're going to trade a defenseman, it needs to be a lower-pairing one that we could replace next season with someone like Emelin or J-P Cote. low-pairing D along with a forward prospect (of which we have plenty.. and not enough room for) for Boynton.

coolguy21415 10-22-2006 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz (Post 6850516)
Nagy and a first-round pick for Huet and Plekanec then move Kovalev to the center and you get:

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder
Nagy - Kovalev - Perezhogin
Samsonov - Bonk - Johnson
Murray - Begin - Latendresse

HAHAHAHA that's like the most lopsided deal ever (in favour of Montreal), and completely wrecks Montreal's team at the same time.