HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   MTL-WAS proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=30491)

Munchausen 11-23-2003 02:39 PM

MTL-WAS proposal
 
Would Washington consider trading Bondra and his 4.6M in a salary dump? I think the Habs could be interested in Grier + Bondra (I beleive he'll be a UFA soon but still could help offensively) for a 1st rounder + a Dman (to be determined) + a mid-level prospect (to be determined as well).

Of course, this is if Washington is looking to reduce payroll which I beleive they are considering they will likely tank the season anyway.

So I don't know, maybe a 1st + Rivet + Balej/Plekanec/Milroy

Or maybe a 1st + Hainsey, although this might be a bit expensive, especially considering Montreal would take on 5M, for just Grier and Bondra. Lang could also be of interest but in that case Brisebois would need to go the other way.

Anyway, it's open to discussions. Is there potential here or not?

Quagmier 11-23-2003 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen
Would Washington consider trading Bondra and his 4.6M in a salary dump? I think the Habs could be interested in Grier + Bondra (I beleive he'll be a UFA soon but still could help offensively) for a 1st rounder + a Dman (to be determined) + a mid-level prospect (to be determined as well).

Of course, this is if Washington is looking to reduce payroll which I beleive they are considering they will likely tank the season anyway.

So I don't know, maybe a 1st + Rivet + Balej/Plekanec/Milroy

Or maybe a 1st + Hainsey, although this might be a bit expensive, especially considering Montreal would take on 5M, for just Grier and Bondra. Lang could also be of interest but in that case Brisebois would need to go the other way.

Anyway, it's open to discussions. Is there potential here or not?

We trade away a 1st, and i loose all respect for the Habs.

plain and simple

Munchausen 11-23-2003 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quagmier
We trade away a 1st, and i loose all respect for the Habs.

plain and simple

Why? Your 1st will likely take 2-3 years to develop and the Habs have been pilling up 1st rounders for years. The rebuilding is near the end and bringing in good veteran help (along with size and grit in this case) would help all the youngsters (Ribeiro, Hossa, Ryder, Perezhogin, Higgins, Kastsitsyn, Bulis, etc.) become all they can as fast as possible without the added pressure of carrying the team on their shoulders.

Getting Grier and Bondra with a deal centered around a 1st rounder is something I'd do without blinking.

Quagmier 11-23-2003 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen
Why? Your 1st will likely take 2-3 years to develop and the Habs have been pilling up 1st rounders for years. The rebuilding is near the end and bringing in good veteran help (along with size and grit in this case) would help all the youngsters (Ribeiro, Hossa, Perezhogin, Higgins, Kastsitsyn, etc.) become all they can as fast as possible without the added pressure of carriing the team on their shoulders.

Getting Grier and Bondra on a deal centered around a 1st rounder is something I'd do without blinking.

our rebuilding is nowwhere near the end... the senators are done rebuilding, the lightning are almost done, the habs have 3-5 years left.

adding grier and Bondra adds payroll, not leadership for our prospects. Hossa looses his roster spot, and Grier is not a cornerstone of a franchise

don't get me wrong i would love to have both those players, but not at the expense of what could be the habs highest 1st since Terry frekin' Ryan. Plus Bondra doesn't want to live in Montreal

Munchausen 11-23-2003 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quagmier
our rebuilding is nowwhere near the end... the senators are done rebuilding, the lightning are almost done, the habs have 3-5 years left..

That's not true. The players for the rebuilding might not make this team a Cup contender before that time, but they are all close to be NHL ready or are already in the NHL. How much other 1st round picks do you feel the Habs need to fit into their lineup for the rebuilding process to be complete? Kastsitsyn, Higgins, Plekanec, Ribeiro, Hainsey, Hossa, Komisarek, Markov, Bulis, Zednik, Perezhogin, Ryder, Ward, Souray and Koivu are the players that will for the most part form this team. There's only so much lines and D pairings a team can have...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quagmier
adding grier and Bondra adds payroll, not leadership for our prospects..

Grier adds a fair amount of leadership and character, while Bondra would help scoring wise. True the Habs would add payroll which is about the only way they can get players of this quality without giving too much in assets, but with all the veterans becoming UFAs at the end of the season, I don't think it's such a big deal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quagmier
Hossa looses his roster spot,.

How can a LW lose his spot to two RW?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quagmier
and Grier is not a cornerstone of a franchise.

And?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quagmier
don't get me wrong i would love to have both those players, but not at the expense of what could be the habs highest 1st since Terry frekin' Ryan. .

I don't beleive Gainey will let this team sink like it did last year for one second. Around 10th pick is what the Habs should likely get.

Jeffrey 11-23-2003 04:12 PM

trading away our 1st pick is dumb !
the top 12 picks in 2004 is one of the best group ever ...
this proposal is brutal !

Psycho Papa Joe 11-23-2003 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryoptix
this proposal is brutal !

Agreed. If the Habs ever put those assets on the block, I would expect younger, healthier bodies in return.

evman150* 11-23-2003 04:17 PM

Do not, I repeat, do NOT trade the first pick. That could be Ovechkin the way the Habs look these days.

Patty Roy 11-23-2003 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evman150
Do not, I repeat, do NOT trade the first pick. That could be Ovechkin the way the Habs look these days.

I kind of doubt that.

I would entertain offers for our 1st round pick, but like Psycho Joe, i would want something a little younger (although NHL ready) in return.

evman150* 11-23-2003 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patty Roy
I kind of doubt that.

I doubt it too. But this is NOT the year to be entertaining the thought of trading your first pick if you're a bottom half team.

Patty Roy 11-23-2003 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evman150
I doubt it too. But this is NOT the year to be entertaining the thought of trading your first pick if you're a bottom half team.

Why because of Ovechkin, or the top 15 in general? I'm not all that familiar with this years draft crop yet (outside of Ovechkin), but i was under the impression that this years draft depth wasn't anything too special.

evman150* 11-23-2003 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patty Roy
Why because of Ovechkin, or the top 15 in general? I'm not all that familiar with this years draft crop yet (outside of Ovechkin), but i was under the impression that this years draft depth wasn't anything too special.

Mostly because of Ovechkin, but also because the top 10-15 in this draft are very good, or so I hear. After 10 or so, the quality falls off quite a bit.

Munchausen 11-23-2003 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evman150
Do not, I repeat, do NOT trade the first pick. That could be Ovechkin the way the Habs look these days.

There's no way the Habs finnish with a top-4 pick at the end of this year. This draft seems to be pretty top heavy and I would be shocked if the Habs were ending up picking lower than #10. In those circumstences, this pick is not anything different from what the team got in his last 5 years or so.

But however, maybe a 1st pick would be a bit pricey for Bondra and Grier, but if something else interesting (and a bit younger) was coming the other way, I'd still be willing to part with it.

gohabsgo2010 11-23-2003 06:13 PM

What about Marcel Hossa and Craig Rivet, along with a 2nd heading to Washington for Halpern and a d-man?

Munchausen 11-23-2003 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jl.roberts
What about Marcel Hossa and Craig Rivet, along with a 2nd heading to Washington for Halpern and a d-man?

I beleive Washington wants to unload salary. This was the idea behind this proposal. Rivet is pretty expensive himself and Halpern only makes 1.5M. In that context, I'm not sure this would work. Plus the center position is pretty crowded anyway.

If the Habs were able to get Grier for Rivet (part of salary paid) and maybe a 2nd or mid-level prospect, I'd do that in a heart beat. I'm pretty high on Grier (one of the few very good assets the Caps have).

Traitor8 11-23-2003 06:38 PM

Wsh picks up 15 M (3 M per year for the next 5 yrs) on Jagr's contract.

Rivet+Audette
for
Jagr(at 8 M)

SabresRule 11-24-2003 02:09 AM

im sure they would consider trading them, not grier, i doubt that.

Bondra for a top 2 dman. Solid rocksteady Dman.

tom_servo 11-24-2003 02:45 AM

Bondra makes $4 million and his career is winding down. I don't see why the Habs would be interested.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.