HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Is Huet hurt? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=305166)

waffledave 10-26-2006 07:47 PM

Is Huet hurt?

It seems to me that Huet is hurt or something...He's always falling forwards when making saves...I've noticed him do it at least 3 times...Always falling forward the same way.

Habs4Lyfe 10-26-2006 11:31 PM

I kinda noticed that too a couple of times...but the last time he was knocked forward by a B's player in the crease...who in turn got called for goaltender interference

Galchenyuk x 27 10-26-2006 11:34 PM

he's not falling forward...

He is simply down to early and forced to leap at the puck in an attempt to stop a highs hot.

Blades 0f Steel 10-26-2006 11:35 PM

Have you not read the book?

It's in chaper 12...and it's out.

RE-HABS 10-26-2006 11:36 PM

If he was hurt I'm sure Carbo would not be playing him because every point counts, just his style i guess.

Galchenyuk x 27 10-26-2006 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS (Post 6898266)
If he was hurt I'm sure Carbo would not be playing him because every point counts, just his style i guess.

its not style.. its down to early and an effort to recover

JMMR 10-26-2006 11:54 PM

I would seriously doubt it and if he is no one besides Huet knows. If Carbonneau knew he would be recovering and Aebischer would be the starter with Danis called up.
Huet is fine will he start Saturday is the real question!

Galchenyuk x 27 10-26-2006 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMMR (Post 6898465)
I would seriously doubt it and if he is no one besides Huet knows. If Carbonneau knew he would be recovering and Aebischer would be the starter with Danis called up.
Huet is fine will he start Saturday is the real question!

Dont think so..Im pretty sure we come back with Abby on Saturday, but we'll see

DicAnns 10-27-2006 12:31 AM

I did notice that on one of his big sprawling blocker saves, he took quite a while to get back up and really looked shaken up.
Looked liked something was wrong with his left leg...

It was probably just a bad pull on this particular sequence... likely nothing serious since he finished the game and did pretty well.

waffledave 10-27-2006 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DicAnn's73 (Post 6898928)
I did notice that on one of his big sprawling blocker saves, he took quite a while to get back up and really looked shaken up.
Looked liked something was wrong with his left leg...

It was probably just a bad pull on this particular sequence... likely nothing serious since he finished the game and did pretty well.

I've also noticed he has problems with his left leg...Notice he will often, very often, put his left knee down. It's almost always on the ice.

Hackett 10-27-2006 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waffledave (Post 6895024)
It seems to me that Huet is hurt or something...He's always falling forwards when making saves...I've noticed him do it at least 3 times...Always falling forward the same way.

and he always seems like he's grimacing in pain when they have a closeup of him... but then again, he always does that

I think huet is fine physically. Perhaps he starts cramping up as the game goes along like JS Giguere.

Anways, this is all speculation. Whatever, he did a fine job tonight.

Habsfan18 10-27-2006 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hackett (Post 6899428)
and he always seems like he's grimacing in pain when they have a closeup of him... but then again, he always does that

I think huet is fine physically. Perhaps he starts cramping up as the game goes along like JS Giguere.

Anways, this is all speculation. Whatever, he did a fine job tonight.

I've noticed that as well.

waffledave 10-27-2006 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS (Post 6898266)

Theodore was hurt for a while last year...Groin and then his knee. They still played him mostly because Theo downplayed the whole thing.

I'm pretty convinced, in my mind, that he's playing hurt...He had knee surgery last year, could his injury be back?

If you want to know what I mean by falling forward, pay attention to the high-lights of the Calgary game on one of Lombardi's goals. It almost looks like he's lunging forward but he's quite clearly falling flat on his face. Like I said I've noticed him do that 3 times already this season, and I'm sure if from now on you pay attention you'll notice him do it often too.