HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Josef Balej (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=30532)

oli500 11-23-2003 05:41 PM

Josef Balej

Instead of given up our future on the blueline to try and get some help up front why dont we give Balej a shot. He might be the answer were looking for in a second line winger. Hes got all the speed in the world.
Montreal has never really gave him a chanche at the nhl level. I mean he played with hossa the last two years in hamilton and they were scoring. He might bring hossa's play up a noch.

Personally I dont think we should trade Hainsey to get some help up front. It takes more time for a defencemen to developpe than a foward. Look at what happend with jonovaski and chara. We have to be patient with hainsey and komisarek. I think Balej has suffered enough in hamilton and its a wasted talent down at the farm that mtl could use. I much rather see him on the second line than sundstrom. (If we do trade a defenceman for scoring help I hope its Rivet. Good im sick and tired of him).

What Do you think

Guy Caballero 11-23-2003 06:00 PM

too small. we need size.

Traitor8 11-23-2003 06:14 PM

We have three guys with size:

Hossa->Benched
Dagenais->In the Minors.
Ward->Injured, always on 4th line.

Jozef Balej is very VERY QUICK though which can make Ribeiro look even better when Balej gets open and you see a pass coming his way and WHAMO! it's in the back of the net!

lOL excuse me, I just had to copy McGuire.

Anyways, I heard that it's Rivet who is currently being shopped Around.
Balej might have been with the Habs right now if it wasn't for injuries stopping his developpement.

I would do the following trades:

Rivet for a pick and a mid prospect(a prospect on D)
Sundstrom to Nyr for a pick
Perreault to NJ or Col for a pick

Ryder-Koivu-Zednik
Hossa-Ribeiro-Balej <----- KID LINE!!!!!!!!!!!
Bulis-Juneau-Dackell/Ward

I read somewhere that if you blink(sp?) , Balej will get passed you.

habsfansam 11-23-2003 06:14 PM

balej is 6ft, 195lbs... small relative to who?

habsfansam 11-23-2003 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komisarek8
I read somewhere that if you blink(sp?) , Balej will get passed you.

Yeah, he can really skate (with the puck), and he's got nice hands too. The only thing with bringing up Balej that i don't like is that he's just now getting into a scoring mindset where his confidence matches his capabilities at the pro level. For his own good i'd leave him in the AHL for the remainder of the season and then give him a good look in the post-holdout era.

gohabsgo2010 11-23-2003 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
too small. we need size.

It's not about size, Guy. Look at Kilger and Dagenais. It's about wanting to play, speed, grit, and fire. Balej is 190+ and 6'0. He's got blazing speed and can score us goals. He's better than most in the AHL, but Higgins should get the call before him.

Traitor8 11-23-2003 06:22 PM

I think he will get a call-up after a couple of trades are done .....around december to March.

Traitor8 11-23-2003 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jl.roberts
It's not about size, Guy. Look at Kilger and Dagenais. It's about wanting to play, speed, grit, and fire. Balej is 190+ and 6'0. He's got blazing speed and can score us goals. He's better than most in the AHL, but Higgins should get the call before him.

Agree , it's not about size but....we are looking for goals and doesn't Balej have more offensive potentiel then Chris Higgins?

Wildbeliefs 11-23-2003 06:32 PM

I personally don't think there will be any callups just yet... As much as I'd like to see Balej, Pleks, Higgins all playing for the Habs right now, I just don't see it happening.

Out of curiosity: If a rookie plays in at least 10 games, then it's considered his first NHL season and therefore will become a RFA one year earlier. Is this correct?

Team_Spirit 11-23-2003 06:38 PM

Nice avatar Komi ....

As for Balej his next game with the Habs is gonna be in September , they will let him play in the 'A' this year like Ryder last year .

Traitor8 11-23-2003 06:47 PM

Thanks..lol.. stole it from you.

You got to like that the HABS are taking their time with the youngsters and not rushing them....

Team_Spirit 11-23-2003 06:54 PM

Quote:

You got to like that the HABS are taking their time with the youngsters and not rushing them....

Well it worked for Ryder... and Hossa was rushed a bit early and had some problem ( slump after his fast NHL start )

Team_Spirit 11-23-2003 07:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Thanks..lol.. stole it from you.

:rant: take this one :

Traitor8 11-23-2003 07:03 PM

Fuhr..I'm a habs fan!

and Gainey....nnnnaaaaaaaaah

Team_Spirit 11-23-2003 07:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
haha our frien Erik Cole

aylib 11-23-2003 07:09 PM

Could someone fill me in on the chances of Plekanec vs. Balej? Making the Habs that is.

Kasparov* 11-23-2003 08:15 PM

Quote:

Fuhr..I'm a habs fan!

and Gainey....nnnnaaaaaaaaah

Change your avatar, that's disrespectful you know..

Guy Caballero 11-23-2003 10:10 PM

I thought he was in the low 180s. I think he was at some point in the past, when I saw his stats. That would be all right, though I still think we need someone over 200lbs. The guy who made the comment about Kilger is right on though: he's played very soft this year. I really wanted to give him one more chance, but I'm starting to think it's time for him to go.

Rather Gingerly 1* 11-24-2003 01:31 AM

I agree..give Balej a shot. We do not have much to lose