HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Latendresse (merged) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=305729)

Russeltown 10-28-2006 09:43 AM

Latendresse (merged)
 
Do you remember Steve Bernier?

Oshawa General 10-28-2006 09:52 AM

PROPOSAL-Latendresse to Quebec Ramparts
 
Here's an idea. I agree with Carbonneau that sending Latendresse back to Drummondville would not benefit him, but if the Canadiens could somehow convince Patrick Roy to acquire Latendresse in a trade, bringing him to the Quebec Ramparts, this could benefit him.
Roy would keep him focused for the whole season, and teach him a thing or two about being consistent and dominant at the junior level, plus the challenge of defending the Memorial Cup, and he also could play in the World Juniors in December.
Judging by his performance the first nine games, he does not look ready for the NHL yet, and playing in Quebec City under Roy may be one of the better options for him.

Empireshark 10-28-2006 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syn (Post 6910808)
Do you remember Steve Bernier?

Oh good, we now have a guarantee that Latendresse will be as good as Steve Bernier. Now I'll be able to sleep at night knowing that Latendresse was given a roster spot for a valid reason.:phew:

Habs 4 Life 10-28-2006 10:02 AM

For some reason I don't think Roy likes the kid or likes the Habs.No chance

ChuckyToGally 10-28-2006 10:03 AM

To Mtl: Steve Bernier

To SJ: Guillaume Latendresse and Sheldon Souray

.................................................. .................................................. ............

To Mtl: Marc-Antoine Pouliot and a pick

To Edm: Andrei Kostsitsyn

.................................................. .................................................. ............

To Mtl: Dany Roussin

To ???: Edm pick

.................................................. .................................................. ............

To Mtl: Nothing

To Waivers: Alexei Kovalev and Sergei Samsonov

.................................................. .................................................. ............

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
ROUSSIN-POULIOT-BERNIER
Plekanec-Bonk-Johnson
Perezhogin-Bégin-Murray

We have our second line! :bow:

Evil Ted 10-28-2006 10:06 AM

okay we dont need another one of these threads okay? we have about 10 of them and....


Bernier wasnt given a free punch card onto the roster he finnished his jr career and played half a season in the AHL before he came to the sharks.

Thats the differnce right there and thats what should have happend to Tenderness, there is a huge differnece.

Blind Gardien 10-28-2006 10:06 AM

I propose leaving Latendresse with the Habs. No wait, Carbo and Gainey already decided that a month ago. Good call! Maybe Habs fans can get all the froth out of their system in the first two months and we can settle into a relatively sane finish to the season? :dunno:

Empireshark 10-28-2006 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezhogin_19 (Post 6910897)
To Mtl: Steve Bernier

To SJ: Guillaume Latendresse and Sheldon Souray


.................................................. .................................................. ............

To Mtl: Marc-Antoine Pouliot and a pick

To Edm: Andrei Kostsitsyn

.................................................. .................................................. ............

To Mtl: Dany Roussin

To ???: Edm pick

.................................................. .................................................. ............

To Mtl: Nothing

To Waivers: Alexei Kovalev and Sergei Samsonov

.................................................. .................................................. ............

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
ROUSSIN-POULIOT-BERNIER
Plekanec-Bonk-Johnson
Perezhogin-Bégin-Murray

We have our second line! :bow:

You're overpaying for Bernier. The original poster has already alluded to the fact that Latendresse will be just as good as Bernier so why throw in Souray?

Blind Gardien 10-28-2006 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Ted (Post 6910914)
Thats the differnce right there and thats what should have happend to Tenderness, there is a huge differnece.

Hmm, I thought that was the original poster's whole point? That we should have done the same thing with Latendresse that the Sharks did with Bernier? :dunno:

ChuckyToGally 10-28-2006 10:15 AM

Anyway, the Remparts are not really dominant this year. I don't think they would be serious contender even with Latendresse.

Mathletic 10-28-2006 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezhogin_19 (Post 6910959)
Anyway, the Remparts are not really dominant this year. I don't think they would be serious contender even with Latendresse.

you sure know a lot about not dominant teams :sarcasm:

Remparts are good, but the Vlasic loss sure didn't help. And Loic Lacasse sucking big time didn't help either. Angelo is hurt now but he'll be back dominating the league. Place Latendresse with Angelo and they'll rock the boat for the rest of the year that's for sure.

waffledave 10-28-2006 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind Gardien (Post 6910930)
Hmm, I thought that was the original poster's whole point? That we should have done the same thing with Latendresse that the Sharks did with Bernier? :dunno:

The dude probably had no clue that Bernier didn't make the team right away...Probably looked at his stats for half a season or something.

Cariboux 10-28-2006 10:53 AM

Even if he's with the Habs, I'm sure than they'll let him go to the WJC

Toro 10-28-2006 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind Gardien (Post 6910915)
I propose leaving Latendresse with the Habs. No wait, Carbo and Gainey already decided that a month ago. Good call! Maybe Habs fans can get all the froth out of their system in the first two months and we can settle into a relatively sane finish to the season? :dunno:

:clap:

Boulette Cannon 10-28-2006 11:26 AM

I'm a Bernier *****. I admit it.

HH 10-28-2006 11:42 AM

Look tonight is Latendresse 10th game so after tonight he can't be send down...get over it!

advantage2006 10-28-2006 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cariboux (Post 6911208)
Even if he's with the Habs, I'm sure than they'll let him go to the WJC

They better,I want to see Canada kick some ***...........again!!!:D

Mathletic 10-28-2006 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habs911 (Post 6911567)
Look tonight is Latendresse 10th game so after tonight he can't be send down...get over it!

he can, but he'll lose one year of eligibility in the NHL

HH 10-28-2006 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles (Post 6911657)
he can, but he'll lose one year of eligibility in the NHL

yea and I doubt the Habs would be that dumb...

KaptainKourage* 10-28-2006 12:31 PM

Angel Esposito vs Guillaume Latendresse ? :dunno: :sarcasm:

Evil Ted 10-28-2006 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind Gardien (Post 6910915)
I propose leaving Latendresse with the Habs. No wait, Carbo and Gainey already decided that a month ago. Good call! Maybe Habs fans can get all the froth out of their system in the first two months and we can settle into a relatively sane finish to the season? :dunno:

As much as it pains me to agree your right, Latendresse is on the team for the long haul really, Like it or not, which I don't.

I don't think he earned his spot on this roster at all, but to send him back to jr now would kill his confidence and further stunt his development.

MoonlightGraham 10-28-2006 12:48 PM

I disagree. Latendresse is here to stay. Vincent Lecavalier played a whole year on the fourth line during his first year in Tampa. I guess he turned out ok...

Blades 0f Steel 10-28-2006 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezhogin_19 (Post 6910897)
To Mtl: Steve Bernier

To SJ: Guillaume Latendresse and Sheldon Souray

Sharks would never do this, unless one of their D is injured.

Slick Nick 10-28-2006 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syn (Post 6910808)
Do you remember Steve Bernier?

That's a hell of an argument. Wait let me try; To those who think Kostitsyn doesn't deserve a spot with the habs! Do you remember Alexander Semin? :dunce:

KaptainKourage* 10-28-2006 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezhogin_19 (Post 6910897)
To Mtl: Steve Bernier

To SJ: Guillaume Latendresse and Sheldon Souray

.................................................. .................................................. ............

To Mtl: Marc-Antoine Pouliot and a pick

To Edm: Andrei Kostsitsyn

.................................................. .................................................. ............

To Mtl: Dany Roussin

To ???: Edm pick

.................................................. .................................................. ............

To Mtl: Nothing

To Waivers: Alexei Kovalev and Sergei Samsonov

.................................................. .................................................. ............

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
ROUSSIN-POULIOT-BERNIER
Plekanec-Bonk-Johnson
Perezhogin-Bégin-Murray

We have our second line! :bow:

huh, shut up


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.