HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Develop our Young Guns now (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=30594)

Mike The Wall 11-24-2003 04:30 AM

Develop our Young Guns now

If we are following the standard that the Senators have done. I believe that the Habs should bring up the young guns and have them play in the NHL and have them learn all togther. We should all forget the playoffs this year why? Just to get knocked off the first round and then sat we made the playoffs no thank you. Better bring up the kids and have them grow toghter get ride of Sundstrom Juneau Dackel and bring up Balej Pleckaneck and Higgins and Perezhogin so they make mistakes and learn from them up here.

Trade Rivet for a draft if we can't get a young mid-range prospect for him. Trade Brisebois even though he is playing great this year and bring up Komi the Wall and have him play with Hainsey

and in 2 years years from now go after Sydney Crosby by offering Koivu and Theodore and what ever else they want.

Look the Senators have done it and look at their team now look at the old Oilers in the early 80 they did the same thing. We can't go after high priced guns so lets develope our own young guns and have them learn up here.

I might be wrong but I am fed up of seeing SDundstromn float around and collect his check same thing for some of the other over priced old farts. Bring in our young guns and it will be more entertaining

Brownies 11-24-2003 04:33 AM

We'll loose most of our crap after this year, so Gainey will just wait for their contracts to expire.

Mike The Wall 11-24-2003 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brownies
We'll loose most of our crap after this year, so Gainey will just wait for their contracts to expire.

not soon enough

Brownies 11-24-2003 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike The Wall
not soon enough

Nobody wants most of 'em, so he doesn't have the choice.

EquabaleAce 11-24-2003 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brownies
Nobody wants most of 'em, so he doesn't have the choice.

thats the sad reality of the situation

we can prolly move a few of the guys come the deadling but we'll have to buy out audette at the end of the year

Istvan 11-24-2003 05:03 AM

The young guns are developing under Doug Jarvis which is not a bad thing. Gainey comes from an era where young players were brought along slowly and eased into the Habs lineup. And, his options are limited with a number of contracts that he's stuck with.

The Hossa/Hainsey healthy scratch thing I don't understand!?

EquabaleAce 11-24-2003 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Istvan
The young guns are developing under Doug Jarvis which is not a bad thing. Gainey comes from an era where young players were brought along slowly and eased into the Habs lineup. And, his options are limited with a number of contracts that he's stuck with.

IMO i would imagine he is trying to showcase some players so that a deal is going to be made

just a thought

habsfansam 11-24-2003 05:11 AM

be careful what you wish for... bringing up guys early can be a huge mistake for confidence reasons and for growth reasons. Do you really want one of our guys to go through the scenario that Radek Bonk went through? People calling him crap, demanding a trade, calling him a bust, booing him because they didn't want him on the team... why?? because he was a first rounder that took time to develop.

Save our guys the headaches and heartaches of playing in the NHL at such a young age.... the team in hamilton has finally begun to gel, let them play together in an atmoshpere where they can develop leadership skills, where they will score, see lots of icetime, and succeed. Bringing those kids to Montreal is a mistake. Less icetime, harsh press coverage, living adjustments, game speed adjustments, and they are all still growing into their bodies. All that, and we still have too many forwards that would be scooped off the waiver wire for a return of nothing.

Plekanec, Balej, Perezhogin, Dagenais, Higgins... they should all stay in the AHL for at least another three months, preferably the entire season. It'll help them avoid hockey politics this year too. Be patient... we've added depth to our organisation since BG came in. We are not a contender, and i think that we'll miss the playoffs, so let the kids win in the AHL where playing will be FUN!!

habsfansam 11-24-2003 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Istvan

I don't get that either... is it possible its an injury thing? Hainsey was playing really well too, and the last game i saw Hossa in he was flying all over the ice, hitting, working the corners.

The only explaination i can muster is that BG wants to run a multiplayer trade soon and is showcasing the older talent so he can get teams like Dallas and Detroit and Colorado and St. Louis interested.

Actually, something that has caught my attention recently is the consistent call for Colorado to trade skoula... his play time recently increased, so i wonder if they are trying to build his confidence or showcase him?? I guess we are all in that position of wondering why some people play and others sit... we'll see. Would he look good in a Habs Uni??

goalchenyuk 11-24-2003 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habsfansam
be careful what you wish for... bringing up guys early can be a huge mistake for confidence reasons and for growth reasons. Do you really want one of our guys to go through the scenario that Radek Bonk went through? People calling him crap, demanding a trade, calling him a bust, booing him because they didn't want him on the team... why?? because he was a first rounder that took time to develop.

Save our guys the headaches and heartaches of playing in the NHL at such a young age.... the team in hamilton has finally begun to gel, let them play together in an atmoshpere where they can develop leadership skills, where they will score, see lots of icetime, and succeed. Bringing those kids to Montreal is a mistake. Less icetime, harsh press coverage, living adjustments, game speed adjustments, and they are all still growing into their bodies. All that, and we still have too many forwards that would be scooped off the waiver wire for a return of nothing.

Plekanec, Balej, Perezhogin, Dagenais, Higgins... they should all stay in the AHL for at least another three months, preferably the entire season. It'll help them avoid hockey politics this year too. Be patient... we've added depth to our organisation since BG came in. We are not a contender, and i think that we'll miss the playoffs, so let the kids win in the AHL where playing will be FUN!!

i am with you for all you said

Andre Savard added few players to the team to repeared temporarely all the dammages Houle have made to the team ..

he asked to the fans to be patient ..with the lock out next year , it is a better thing to the youngsters to learn to play as a team ...why call 1 or 2 players .Let them learn to play together , than in 2 years you are going to see team line players ...

Brisebois 11-24-2003 10:36 AM

Yes, but let's at least lose with class... 6-5 instead of 1-0... i hate this defensive system. :mad:

Mizral 11-24-2003 12:13 PM

It's a very common misconception that Ottawa went with all youth. No, they didn't. The Sens have always had a good mix of youth & veterans, and were never really considered an overly young team at any point in their existance (in terms of player ages). For example, look at the '98 - '99 Sens team.. the players over 27 years of age:

Shawn McEachern, Magnus Arvedson, Nelson Emerson, Jason York, Ted Donato, Igor Kravchuk, Shawn Van Allen, Bruce Gardiner, Janne Laukkanen, Lance Pitlick, Steve Martins, David Oliver, Bill Berg.. and both their goaltenders - Damian Rhodes and Ron Tuggnutt.

You cannot build a good core of youth without some solid veterans in the lineup. Guys like Quintal, Perrault, and Dackell might not seem like much now, but if you move 'em, it could put the team into a rebuilding process that doesn't work out.

Habsaku 11-24-2003 12:22 PM

Quote:

Plekanec, Balej, Perezhogin, Dagenais, Higgins... they should all stay in the AHL for at least another three months, preferably the entire season. It'll help them avoid hockey politics this year too. Be patient... we've added depth to our organisation since BG came in. We are not a contender, and i think that we'll miss the playoffs, so let the kids win in the AHL where playing will be FUN

Good post, I agree fully with you and Mizral. Although I think some of our vets are not good examples. Although I wasn't too found of having both Bouillon and Quintal on the blueline I gotta admit they are a great example. They play with heart and not too many of our current players do. These types of players are crucial for youngsters because if they are not there they will look at guys like , Audette, Dackell, Sundstrom and such. Juneau is not a good player but he is good at teaching, just ask Bulis. heck even Rivet helped Markov. I whine a lot about the vets but I'm conscious they are needed if we are to achieve our youth process.

The key word is patience.