HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Radulov vs. Lafleur? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=306363)

Harry Kakalovich 10-30-2006 08:21 AM

Radulov vs. Lafleur?

I was just wondering, are Lafleur's comments about Kovalev and Samsonov a response to Radulov's bashing of Latendresse? It might seem kind of odd, but so is the fact that both Radulov and Lafleur are talking about Hab players.

Pascal 10-30-2006 09:11 AM

If so it's quite sad.

RC51 10-30-2006 10:14 AM

RAdulov vs Latendresse ?

If Radulov get 100 pts consistantly and Latendresse ends up at 65, they are even. Radulov will never be a POWER FORWARD.
IF both players pan out, both have great value, but thats 5 years down the road when they hit their prime.

If Radulov is already speaking out at his age he has a much bigger chance to be a head case down the road.

VirginiaMtlExpat 10-30-2006 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC51 (Post 6930524)
RAdulov vs Latendresse ?

If Radulov get 100 pts consistantly and Latendresse ends up at 65, they are even. Radulov will never be a POWER FORWARD.
IF both players pan out, both have great value, but thats 5 years down the road when they hit their prime.

If Radulov is already speaking out at his age he has a much bigger chance to be a head case down the road.

He doesn't strike me as a head case. Sent to the AHL despite a great camp, he is the top player of the AHL his first week, in contrast to Lats tanking last year after being sent to the juniors. He plays with enthusiasm (goal first game) despite limited ice time. I didn't read the quote on Lats, but I'd happily take Radu on the Habs.

Teufelsdreck 10-30-2006 11:04 AM

Quote:

RAdulov vs Latendresse ?

A 35 point difference is HUGE.

Habs 4 Life 10-30-2006 11:07 AM

Radulov made the Remparts win the memorial cup by him self.The guy was great all year.Already with the Predateurs he scored a goal.

Who ever wouldn't trade Latendresse straith up for Radulov is on total crack!

habitue* 10-30-2006 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stick side (Post 6929802)
I was just wondering, are Lafleur's comments about Kovalev and Samsonov a response to Radulov's bashing of Latendresse? It might seem kind of odd, but so is the fact that both Radulov and Lafleur are talking about Hab players.

NO ! And yout thread title is..... :shakehead

habitue* 10-30-2006 11:16 AM

Quote:

RAdulov vs Latendresse ?

You're right.

Radulov is a first round draft pick and Latendresse, don't forget it, is a second round pick. The Habs needed a strong, tall winger, not another prima donna dancer from Russia, and that's what they drafted for in that second round.

Radulov should also remember that the Q team beat his Russia team twice in a row last year. Latendresse was a key player in those victories.

Kafka 10-30-2006 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stick side (Post 6929802)

I don't think so. It's probably just that Radulov is sssssssssssssoooooooooooo bored in Nashville.... like I would be. :)

VirginiaMtlExpat 10-30-2006 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kafka (Post 6931068)
I don't think so. It's probably just that Radulov is sssssssssssssoooooooooooo bored in Nashville.... like I would be. :)

It's not so bad, if you visit the bourbon distilleries nearby. :thumbu:

Evil Ted 10-30-2006 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habitué (Post 6931052)
You're right.

Radulov is a first round draft pick and Latendresse, don't forget it, is a second round pick. The Habs needed a strong, tall winger, not another prima donna dancer from Russia, and that's what they drafted for in that second round.

Radulov should also remember that the Q team beat his Russia team twice in a row last year. Latendresse was a key player in those victories.

Radulov 1st round draft pick, Huge season in the Q and at the wjc, belongs in the NHL. Tenderness 2nd round pick mediocore good season in the Q, no show at the wjc, belongs in the Q.

Shabutie 10-30-2006 11:44 AM

I think it's quite simple....The french press asked Radulov what he thought about Latendresse making the habs, he gave his honest opinion...And the english press asked Lafleur what he thought about Kovalev, and he gave his honest opinion.

It's just that though, their opinions.

habitue* 10-30-2006 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Ted (Post 6931250)
Radulov 1st round draft pick, Huge season in the Q and at the wjc, belongs in the NHL. Tenderness 2nd round pick mediocore good season in the Q, no show at the wjc, belongs in the Q.

Actually, he belongs to the AHL. But as you know, he is too young to join Hamilton. So, for the best for his carreer, he belongs to the NHL as a #20-21-22 or 23 player on the active roster. We all know that he doesn't belong on the first two lines. But he will learn, make errors, learn from them, and become a very competent NHL'er in a couple of years.

tinyzombies 10-30-2006 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 6930975)
Radulov made the Remparts win the memorial cup by him self.The guy was great all year.Already with the Predateurs he scored a goal.

Who ever wouldn't trade Latendresse straith up for Radulov is on total crack!

Anyone who makes a comment like Radulov made better have the talent and willpower to back it up. That remains to be seen. He has skill, but skill alone isn't enough.