HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Komisarek and Dagenais back in Montreal! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=30661)

JF 11-24-2003 09:50 AM

Komisarek and Dagenais back in Montreal!

link : rds.ca

Beatnik 11-24-2003 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JF
link : rds.ca

Hainsey and Hossa down!!

not sure what to think about it...

JF 11-24-2003 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beatnik
Hainsey and Hossa down!!

not sure what to think about it...

well, it's better then not playing at all...

Freaky Habs Fan 11-24-2003 10:03 AM

Good News!!! Specially for Komi. Maybe CJ will put Dagenais on the second line with Ribeiro(Audette is out for at least 2 weeks)

Hope to see them play tomorrow against Vancouver.

Andrei Kastsitsyn* 11-24-2003 10:15 AM

Oh hell jeah!

Ohhh jeah baby :>>>

L'abstrait 11-24-2003 10:16 AM

everybody gets their chances!
Hainsey wasn't terrible, neither was Hossa, but the'll get another shot later in the season.
Dagenais and Komi have been working hard to earn their spot... lets see what they can do with that...

Necrophile 11-24-2003 10:16 AM

Good news. At least Hossa can get back to regular ice time and continue his development, while regaining some confidence. Same for Hainsey.

As far as Komi goes, I hope they'll at least give him some decent ice time. Maybe this is a sign that may hint at an imminent trade (right defenseman leaving to give a spot to Komi).

And Dagenais could prove useful if he uses his size to his advantage. At least if he gets sent to the press box, it'll be less of a waste than having Hossa up there.

All in all, a good move IMO.

Necrophile 11-24-2003 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plekanec
Ridiculous!

Hossa is already an alot better hockey player than Dagenais and was starting to get confidence!

I agree that Hossa's a better player, with much better potential. But for some reason, Julien didn't want to play Hossa. I don't know why he'd want to play Dagenais instead, but I'd rather have Hossa getting a lot of ice time in Hamilton than being in the press box at the Bell Centre.

zurg999 11-24-2003 10:31 AM

Link to a discussion here re. Dagenais a few weeks ago. Assuming he gets into the lineup, we'll find out if he's able to earn a spot. ANyone else think Kilger has earned himself some pressbox time?

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=26964

gohabsgo2010 11-24-2003 10:39 AM

I don't understand. We call up a slow, big player from Hamilton, to replace a guy who was working his butt off, but just lacking confidence. As montreal has pointed out, seeing Hossa continually flip the puck away just proves his confidence is at next to nothing. Higgins, Balej, Plekanec and Gratton all should have been called up over Dagenais.

He will not hit, he cannot skate, he does not have the NHL skills required to make the bloody Florida Panthers, or the 2003-04 Habs for that matter. He is big, however, and I feel that is the only reason that we made this call-up. We overlooked grit, speed, skill, and heart in favour of a big, slow monster that will probably score in his first game. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him skate (ha!) with Ribeiro on Tuesday, and he will probably score which will in turn lead to him being "god". Only once he starts to slump and shows he does not belong here (or, at least not in favour of some other prospects) will you all realize that Marcel Hossa is twice the player, at 22.

As for Hainsey, most people know I'm very pro-Hainsey, and despite Bouillon's grit I would much rather see Hollywood dressed. So what if Bouillon can throw his weight around, we should all be referring to him as Rudy. Give "cube" his twelve minutes of fame, and be gone with him. Unless Gainey can find a taker for Rivet or Quintal (I'm dying from anticipation, seriously) than who actually thinks Komisarek will play? Especially since Hainsey was the one who actually made the team in the first place, so wouldn't that make him more NHL ready? With the hype of Komisarek, I think you guys are overlooking and overrating his size. Guys like Niedermayer and Sydor are much more important and valuable than players such as Matvichuk and Colin White. Therefore, I consider Hainsey playing 17:00 a game, running our dreadful powerplay, and successfully improving the transition far more important than a prospect who was way out of place last year running around like Traverse.

For the Habs sake, I hope to see Dagenais work his butt off and prove me wrong, but the fact that he's been waived by TWO teams, and failed to crack two extremely poor rosters is disheartening. On the other hand, I guess his 13 goals in 60 games are a little appearing, but I'd say he's a bigger version of Perreault.

Wildbeliefs 11-24-2003 10:39 AM

I'm happy to see Hossa and Hainsey get some continous icetime, but I'm not sure I like the idea of calling up Dagenais... granted I've never seen him play, but from all I've read about him he comes off as being a SLOW, soft player.

Anybody seen him enough to be able to confirm or disagree with that?

Oh yeah, and about Komi... I'm quite happy he's been called up; now if only CJ actually plays him instead of using him as Hainsey's bench warmer...

habitants9_4 11-24-2003 10:40 AM

I am a big Hamilton follower, and this will help the LW situation!

I'd like to see this happen:
Higgins Gratton Perezhogin
Hossa Plekanec Balej
Suomervuori Olvestad Ferland
Milroy Charpentier Dwyer VERY LIMITED ICE TIME

Andrei Kastsitsyn* 11-24-2003 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jl.roberts
Disgusting. Dagenais is big, but doesn't use his size. He's bloody 25-YEARS-OLD. Older than BULIS!

Hainsey sent down? WHAT?!? Sure, let's ruin the guy and play Bouillon. We may aswell ruin Komisarek too, he sure as hell won't be playing.

Sure, because you know howto run a team better than Mr. Gainey right?

Give Dagenais a freaking chance!

KILLger 11-24-2003 10:41 AM

Zednik-Koivu-Ryder
Perreault-Ribeiro-Dagenais
Bulis-Juneau-Dackell
Langdon-Begin-Sundstrom

Could be interesting to see if Dagenais and Ribeiro could click...

Habsolution 11-24-2003 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zurg999
Link to a discussion here re. Dagenais a few weeks ago. Assuming he gets into the lineup, we'll find out if he's able to earn a spot. ANyone else think Kilger has earned himself some pressbox time?

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=26964

Hey zurg,

It's a good thing for you we didn't bet about Dykhuis being called up before Komisarek. ;)

gunnerdom 11-24-2003 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLger
Zednik-Koivu-Ryder
Bulis-Juneau-Dackell
Langdon-Begin-Sundstrom

Perreault - Ribeiro and Dagenais... this could be the slowest line in hockey hehe

zurg999 11-24-2003 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsolution
Hey zurg,

It's a good thing for you we didn't bet about Dykhuis being called up before Komisarek. ;)

Hey;

I wanted to bet (recheck the thread), you missed your chance.

I'll buy you a virtual beer anyways. Cheers.

Jag68Sid87 11-24-2003 10:50 AM

Calling up Komisarek is great but has anything changed on the right side of the defense? It hasn't. All this does is cement Bouillon's place as the No. 6 d-man. Otherwise, Komi will see time on the left side and he'll look bad and sent back down and told to step it up, etc.

Unless Quintal or Rivet start sitting out games regularly, which at this point appears to be a major longshot, then Komi will see even less time than Hainsey.

As for Hossa being sent down, no surprise there. Dagenais' not nearly as good as Hossa and he's older. Dagenais might be useful if he and Ribeiro start clicking again but that's not going to happen, since Ribeiro will continue to be in second-line hell (between Perreault, Sundstrom, Dackell and Audette).

All this is is furniture rearrangement. The Canadiens have yet to show these young players that they are committed to them.

VAN-HAB 11-24-2003 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jag68Vlady27
Calling up Komisarek is great but has anything changed on the right side of the defense? It hasn't. All this does is cement Bouillon's place as the No. 6 d-man. Otherwise, Komi will see time on the left side and he'll look bad and sent back down and told to step it up, etc.

Unless Quintal or Rivet start sitting out games regularly, which at this point appears to be a major longshot, then Komi will see even less time than Hainsey.

As for Hossa being sent down, no surprise there. Dagenais' not nearly as good as Hossa and he's older. Dagenais might be useful if he and Ribeiro start clicking again but that's not going to happen, since Ribeiro will continue to be in second-line hell (between Perreault, Sundstrom, Dackell and Audette).

All this is is furniture rearrangement. The Canadiens have yet to show these young players that they are committed to them.

same thoughts here

KILLger 11-24-2003 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejaculine
Perreault - Ribeiro and Dagenais... this could be the slowest line in hockey hehe

Followed closely by the Perreault-Ribeiro-Audette line we've seen, not too long ago. I thought of it... but it'd be worth trying, no matter what.

Habsolution 11-24-2003 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jag68Vlady27

If they call up Komisarek I fully expect them to play him. And play him on the right side. What would be the use of calling both Dagenais and Komisarek up to give them Hossa's and Hainsey's pressbox seats ? Really ...

So either

1. A trade involving a righty dman is in the work
2. Someone on the right side is hiding an injury
3. They plan on benching one of Rivet or Q-ball. I just don't see them benching Brisebois the way he is playing right now.
4. They indeed are stupid enough to call up Komisarek in order to sit him.

As for Dagenais, what kind of message would it have sent to him if they had called up Plek or Higs ? Doesn't matter if you're the top goal scorer in the league, we signed you but you're not in our plans at all ? Before calling up our prospects they had to call up Dagenais. I'm not impressed at the "live and die with the youth" statement made by the habs earlier this season though.

I won't comment on the fact they sent down Hossa and Hainsey though. It pisses me off too much.

Jag68Sid87 11-24-2003 11:18 AM

There's no message if the Canadiens had recalled Dagenais over Plekanec/Higgins. The latter two represent the team's future, Dagenais doesn't. No problem there. Dagenais is today what Sevigny used to be, what Gratton is now. Every organization needs AHL fodder. Nothing wrong with that.

Doesn't mean I would have called up either Plekanec and Higgins because all they'd do up here is eat popcorn in the press box too.

Freebooter 11-24-2003 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLger
Zednik-Koivu-Ryder
Bulis-Juneau-Dackell
Langdon-Begin-Sundstrom

That 2nd line could be one of the slowest, if not the slowest, lines in the history of the NHL...

There is a reason Dagenais was cut by Florida. Watch him for a few shifts and you will see why. He has a great shot but not much else, and is as slow as molasses.

Rahan 11-24-2003 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabzIsLife
This is BS this organization doesn't know how to handel kids God DAMN on any other Team Komi would've already made it, not to much bS at the beggining of the Year, Hossa would be playing, Audette would be scratched because OTHER TEAMS SEE THE NEED FOR YOUNG PLAYERS!!!!! [...]

Your post made me laugh, thank you.

Now to every other little whiners on this board, give Dagenais 18 games on the top two lines, and see if he can't do better than 1 goal 1 assist, and then you can say he can't play hockey and that Hossa is better. We can also wait and see if Hossa does anything in the AHL. I'll be the first surprised if he does.

Habs4Life 11-24-2003 11:29 AM

Why do people jump to conclusions????

Give Gainey a chance he may have something up his sleeve!!!!