HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Do You Guys Remember The First Game You Ever Went To? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=306852)

oop007* 10-31-2006 01:17 PM

Do You Guys Remember The First Game You Ever Went To?
 
What was the first NHL Game you ever went to see live?

If not a habs game, which was your first ever habs game you saw.

Who won?
How old were you?
Who'd they play?
Who was still playing then and who'd you see?
What was the score?

Etc.

Le Tricolore 10-31-2006 01:18 PM

Winter of 1993.
Habs vs Sens at the Forum. The Canadiens won 4-3 in overtime.

oop007* 10-31-2006 01:21 PM

I must've been six. It was in the reds. Habs vs Hartford Whalers. Hartford won 4-1.
Was sitting behind the habs goalie most of the game.

Don't remember very much.

Ross MacLochness 10-31-2006 01:21 PM

Jan 16. 1993

Chicago Blackhawks vs. Toronto Maple Leafs @ Maple Leaf Gardens.

Hawks 5-3. Steve Larmer 2 goals.

Bob Bastards 10-31-2006 01:26 PM

I don't remember the date, but it was agains Detroit and the Habs lose in the last minute of play, thanks to Shanahan and is nice goal against Theo.
I remember also that I was with a good friend and it was quite a fun night.

AlexCvm 10-31-2006 01:28 PM

It was somewhere in 1989, against New Jersey. If I remember correctly, Habs lost by couple of goals.

Clumsyhab 10-31-2006 01:29 PM

19 (or 20 or 21) January, 1989 (or 1990) vs Nordiques. It was for my 6 or 7 birthday. Hayward was the goalie (I wanted Roy!!!). If anyone could find the stats for that game, I would really really appreciated.

Vicious 10-31-2006 01:30 PM

Wasn't that long ago... Maybe 5 years. 1-0 Martin Brodeur shutout. :(

Metropolitsky 10-31-2006 01:32 PM

The first game I saw live was on January 31st 2006.....Carolina was visiting the Habs.......Montreal lost 8-2......Théo was yanked after allowing 5 goal on 10 shots.......and he never played for Montreal again after that game.......

mcphee 10-31-2006 01:36 PM

My first game at the Forum was in the early 60's, the Jr.Canadiens. I remeber all the talk was about this young right winger named Cournoyer.

My 1st actual Hab game was a few years later, maybe 65 or 66 against the Rangers. Montreal won, there was a couple of fights. Ferguson pummeled someone and I think Claude Larose got into it with Vic Hadfield.

Gros Bill snuck into Howie Morenz's funeral and hid in the washroom until the next game.

oop007* 10-31-2006 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djee#9 (Post 6943402)
The first game I saw live was on January 31st 2006.....Carolina was visiting the Habs.......Montreal lost 8-2......Théo was yanked after allowing 5 goal on 10 shots.......and he never played for Montreal again after that game.......

I was at that game. The crowd chanted "Hu Et Hu Et Hu Et" etc

Kafka 10-31-2006 01:42 PM

No.

But I remember watching the "old Canadiens" at the Auditorium and being sent on the ice by my dad to participate at a aiming competition..... I was so cute that the organizators allowed me not to shot from the red line from the others, but from the slot. My father won an Ultramar coupon. I was 4-6 years old. :sarcasm:

Souray44 10-31-2006 01:43 PM

March 26th, 1997

Pittsburgh @ Montreal

Jagr, Lemieux, Francis were on the Pens at the time.

Damphousse, Koivu, Recchi were on the Montreal.

This was supposed to be Lemieux's last game in Canada because he retired at the end of the year.

Montreal won 8-5.

annnd....I haven't been back since considering I live in PEI. I have tickets right behind the Habs bench for the Feb 20th game vs Washington though and I can't friggin wait to get back there.

IcE ColD 10-31-2006 01:43 PM

March 20th 2004

Habs won 4-2 over the Devils
I was 23 (took a lot of time before first live game, I know)
First Kovalev's goal with the Habs!!!! (Empty netter, but sill) ;)

lou diamond phillips 10-31-2006 01:46 PM

December 1985 vs. Vancouver at the Forum. Habs won 7-0. I was 7 years old and still remember it.

Le Tricolore 10-31-2006 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcE ColD (Post 6943507)
March 20th 2004

Habs won 4-2 over the Devils
I was 23 (took a lot of time before first live game, I know)
First Kovalev's goal with the Habs!!!! (Empty netter, but sill) ;)

Empty netter that won the game ;)

oop007* 10-31-2006 01:49 PM

I also saw a vancouver game another time in Elementary school where the habs were up 8-0 in the third and just as we were leaving vancouver scored. I think they ended up winning 8 or 9 to 1

lou diamond phillips 10-31-2006 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clumsyhab (Post 6943377)
19 (or 20 or 21) January, 1989 (or 1990) vs Nordiques. It was for my 6 or 7 birthday. Hayward was the goalie (I wanted Roy!!!). If anyone could find the stats for that game, I would really really appreciated.

You can find the stats over here...
http://www.databasehockey.com/teams/teampage.htm?tm=MON

LePoche69 10-31-2006 02:10 PM

A Michel Laroque's 2-0 shutout against Jim Bedard and the Washington Capitals. A B-Goalie Classic! :sarcasm:

I don't remember the year. I was something between 6 and 9 years old. I remember 1 goal being scored by Jarvis. Can't remember the other one.

Rahan 10-31-2006 02:11 PM

I was supposed to attend my first game on November the 22nd against the Minnesota Wild this year, but I just learned that I have an exam on that same day from 4pm to 6pm, and I live in Chicoutimi.

I wish teleportation would exist. I'm so frustrated. Will I ever see the habs live? :(

Ghost of Saku 10-31-2006 02:18 PM

My first game was against the Nordiques when I was a kid back at the Forum. What was most memorable were all the fights and the uncertainty as to what the final score was. The game went into overtime and I think the Nordiques scored with like 0.1 seconds left but I was too young to remember what the final call was.

Vodka_Tonic 10-31-2006 02:19 PM

first game was in 86, swiss nationalliga A. our local EHC Kloten with 2 guys from quebec, ross yates and bob mongrain, against HC Ambri-Piotta with 2 guys from ontario, dale mccourt and some other guy... hehehe

SwordSlash666 10-31-2006 02:31 PM

I think it was during the 1993-1994 season at the Forum against the Sabres. Maybe a year later. I was about 7 or 8 years old and I came with my uncle.

The score was 3-3. I was a big Buffalo fanatic at this time because of Alexander Mogilny, my favorite player. Some Sabres fans who drove from Buffalo to see the game were just in front of me. They high-fived me after each Buffalo's goal.

Gros Bill 10-31-2006 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcphee (Post 6943438)
My first game at the Forum was in the early 60's, the Jr.Canadiens. I remeber all the talk was about this young right winger named Cournoyer.

My 1st actual Hab game was a few years later, maybe 65 or 66 against the Rangers. Montreal won, there was a couple of fights. Ferguson pummeled someone and I think Claude Larose got into it with Vic Hadfield.

Gros Bill snuck into Howie Morenz's funeral and hid in the washroom until the next game.

This is a bit weird. My first game habs game was in 66 (I'm pretty sure) vs the Rangers. We won 5-2. All I remember is Rod Gilbert getting razzed all game ("Dépeigne toi pas, playboy") and Jean Béliveau broke his stick. Same Game?

mcphee 10-31-2006 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gros Bill (Post 6944071)
This is a bit weird. My first game habs game was in 66 (I'm pretty sure) vs the Rangers. We won 5-2. All I remember is Rod Gilbert getting razzed all game ("Dépeigne toi pas, playboy") and Jean Béliveau broke his stick. Same Game?

Sounds like the same. They played 7 home games against each team then, I know it was a Saturday game.

I was in the greys [later to become the whites] behind the wrong net. My aunt, a Ranger fan brought me. I remember the fights as in those days everyone would pair off, and it took some time to break things up. I'm sure Larose was in the middle of everything.

People didn't just 'buy' tickets in those days. If you had a connection of some kind, you'd go, but I don't remeber anyone buying them like they do now.

If a father was going to treat the family, it would be a Jr. game or an exhibition game against the Quebec Aces.

There were 4 boys in your family, I'd imagine it was a 4 year rotation, if that.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.