HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   LaCouture On IR, Scott Recalled (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=30691)

DLaCouture39 11-24-2003 12:07 PM

LaCouture On IR, Scott Recalled
 
heres the story

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=1053

if Scott plays over Lundmark ill be pissed. Why not move Lundmark to hlavac spot and put Scott on the 4th line.

Davisian 11-24-2003 12:13 PM

I for one am pretty anxious to see Scott in action with the varsity..

He had a pretty good camp and I've just been waiting to see what Scott could do with a chance..

Of course, I think Lundmark should be in one way or another, but that's another issue..

nyr5186 11-24-2003 01:42 PM

I really injoyed last night's game, but the fact that LaCouture got the nod over Lundmark on Lindros' right really bugged me. Not saying that Im happy that Dan is hurt, but hopefully this injury will give Lundmark the chance that he deserves. And hopefully he capitalizes on his opportunity.

But knowing Sather, he'll probably play Scott instead. Either that, or he'll juggle all the lines (again!) to make sure Lundmark stays on the 4th line.

Son of Steinbrenner 11-24-2003 01:48 PM

sather has already said lundmark is a center. that is why lundmark was scratched and that is why scott will play with lindros.

Davisian 11-24-2003 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jar jar links
sather has already said lundmark is a center. that is why lundmark was scratched and that is why scott will play with lindros.

*sigh*

You really don't have to rationalize everything the guy does..

He's also had Lindros at wing before to, he's also had Purinton on the left, he's also had countless other combinations and positions.. Still doesn't explain a Lundmark scratch while others go unpunished..

nyr5186 11-24-2003 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jar jar links
sather has already said lundmark is a center. that is why lundmark was scratched and that is why scott will play with lindros.

Funny you mention that, because Sather is not at all shy to switch Lindros to right wing, Kovalev to left wing, and Carter all over the lineup. Yet under no circumstances can Lundmark play anything other than center. And last time I checked, up until recently, the Rangers were grooming Lundmark to play wing. Last year he excelled playing on Messier's left wing, and he was Holik's right wing all throughout training camp. So at what point did Sather convince himself that Lundmark can ONLY play center? Dont you see the double standard?

Son of Steinbrenner 11-24-2003 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davisian
*sigh*

You really don't have to rationalize everything the guy does..

He's also had Lindros at wing before to, he's also had Purinton on the left, he's also had countless other combinations and positions.. Still doesn't explain a Lundmark scratch while others go unpunished..

who said lundmark was punished. he was scratched. im so sick of everybody complaining about lundmark and his ice time! what has he done? he gets 10 minutes a night which over 20 games should be more than 1 goal. he is flat out our worst forward right now. he should be scratched. how come nobody complains about lindros and his ice time last night?

Davisian 11-24-2003 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jar jar links
who said lundmark was punished. he was scratched. im so sick of everybody complaining about lundmark and his ice time! what has he done? he gets 10 minutes a night which over 20 games should be more than 1 goal. he is flat out our worst forward right now. he should be scratched. how come nobody complains about lindros and his ice time last night?

When was he getting 10 mins a night?

Maybe a game here or there he'd break the 10 min barrier, but you're pusing it..

Flat out worst forward?? If you can say that with a straight face, there's little hope..

Son of Steinbrenner 11-24-2003 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davisian
When was he getting 10 mins a night?

Maybe a game here or there he'd break the 10 min barrier, but you're pusing it..

Flat out worst forward?? If you can say that with a straight face, there's little hope..

well with Lacouture hurt and hlavac looking much better lundmark is our worst forward. ortmeiyer has earned a spot in the lineup with gutty hard smart play. what has lundmark done?

Barnaby 11-24-2003 03:21 PM

I want Lundmark to be given serious icetime for 10-15 games next to a skill player like Nedved or maybe Lindros... if he doesnt produce then send him down or give him less time. I want him to get a real chance but if he cant earn it them I dont want him to get it just because of his age... but hey that me.

Dorthmall 11-24-2003 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davisian
When was he getting 10 mins a night?

Maybe a game here or there he'd break the 10 min barrier, but you're pusing it..

Flat out worst forward?? If you can say that with a straight face, there's little hope..

Actually, he gets an average of 11:45.

Anyway, Lundmark is one of my favorite players, but he hasn't impressed me that much. I really would like to see him next to Lindros though.

#37-#93-#27* 11-24-2003 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorthmall
Actually, he gets an average of 11:45.

Anyway, Lundmark is one of my favorite players, but he hasn't impressed me that much. I really would like to see him next to Lindros though.

That's because his ice time is inconsistent. He's got at least 4 games where he's gotten 15 + minutes, but recently he's barely even touching 10. In fact I think he's gotten less then 8 minutes 2 of the last three games he played. I don't believe that's a reflection of his play either more like the reason for his play.

Pearl Necklace 11-24-2003 05:28 PM

On MSG.com, you can replay Sather's postgame press conference from Sunday. One of the reporters asks him why Ortmeyer was played over Lundmark.

Sather's response was that Ortmeyer is playing tougher and harder than Jamie has been.

Barnaby 11-24-2003 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
That's because his ice time is inconsistent. He's got at least 4 games where he's gotten 15 + minutes, but recently he's barely even touching 10. In fact I think he's gotten less then 8 minutes 2 of the last three games he played. I don't believe that's a reflection of his play either more like the reason for his play.

I like Lundmark as much as you do, but lets be honest here... the guy hasn't exactly forced his way into the line-up. Sure, Sather could make it easier on him, but it's Lundmarks job to play well enough that Sather can't take him out. The guy has one goal, and to be honest I can't remember the last nice play he made. It's not like he's been scratched 8 out of the last 10 games here. He's gotten time at different times this year and he hasn't done much with it. It's his turn to step up. I'd LOVE to see him play with Lindros and get 15 plus min a night, but I'm not really sure that he's earned that chance.

Davisian 11-24-2003 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pearl Necklace
Sather's response was that Ortmeyer is playing tougher and harder than Jamie has been.

That I agree with..

But if you ask me if Hlavac, Carter and LaCouture were playing harder than Lundmark, I'd tell you to have another..

Lundyfan 11-25-2003 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jar jar links
sather has already said lundmark is a center. that is why lundmark was scratched and that is why scott will play with lindros.

Funny, Lundmark played all last year at wing and most of this year. Just curious but is your last name Sather?

LeServ 11-25-2003 07:55 AM

The last guy who forced his way into the lineup was Dominic Moore.

And where is he again?

Lundyfan 11-25-2003 08:06 AM

I'm not sure I even understand this call up. Scott has 2 goals and 2 assists in Hartford. The only thing he seems to do well is rack up penalties. He's leading the team in them. Does Sather really think the Rangers need another goon? :dunno:

Melrose_Jr. 11-25-2003 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pearl Necklace
Sather's response was that Ortmeyer is playing tougher and harder than Jamie has been.

The problem is, why isn't this brand of reasoning applied to everyone in the lineup?

Jamie isn't playing up to expectations or potential and say what you want about ice time, but Ortmeyer's drawing attention with 5 minutes a night. Jamie needed a slap in the face. He got it, put him back in, let's see how he responds. That's the way it SHOULD work.

True Blue 11-25-2003 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jar jar links
who said lundmark was punished. he was scratched. im so sick of everybody complaining about lundmark and his ice time! what has he done? he gets 10 minutes a night which over 20 games should be more than 1 goal

And Hlavac and his 3 goals is much better? Take the one "gift" of a penaly shot away, and Hlavac has 2 goals. 1 more than Jaime. Couple that with the fact that Hlavac has played with the Nedveds and Kovalevs of the world, while Jaime gets to play with the Lacoutures and Rheumes and the fact that Jaime is already a much better back checker than Hlavac, and again I ask you to show me how Hlavac is better?
Glenjar, do you understand what being put into a position to succeed means? I gave the example of that the other week. When Hejduk and Drury were rookies for the 'Lanche, did they play 4 minutes a night with Scott Parker? No. They flanked Joe friggin' Sakic. Think about it. 2 rookies playing wings for arguable the best player in the league. The 'Lanche recognized that the rookies were offensive players and put them into a position to succeed. Now look at the RAgners. Last year, where did Lundmark show the most amount of chemistry? When he was with HOlik in preseason. What happened during the regular season? No shifts with Holik. Where did Jaime score most of his goals? When he was with Messier. Where is Jaime this year? Skating with Lacouture, Rheume, or Purinton of all people. That's a clear example of NOT putting a young player in a position to succeed.
Want another? Guess what players played with Datsyuk and Zetterberg of Detroit? Brett Hull. Shanahan at times. Another example of putting players in a position to succeed.
I find it hard to judge Jaime when Sather has hindered his development at every opportunity.

JCProdigy 11-25-2003 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
The problem is, why isn't this brand of reasoning applied to everyone in the lineup?

Jamie isn't playing up to expectations or potential and say what you want about ice time, but Ortmeyer's drawing attention with 5 minutes a night. Jamie needed a slap in the face. He got it, put him back in, let's see how he responds. That's the way it SHOULD work.

:handclap: Absolutely

E-Train 11-25-2003 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue
And Hlavac and his 3 goals is much better? Take the one "gift" of a penaly shot away, and Hlavac has 2 goals. 1 more than Jaime. Couple that with the fact that Hlavac has played with the Nedveds and Kovalevs of the world, while Jaime gets to play with the Lacoutures and Rheumes and the fact that Jaime is already a much better back checker than Hlavac, and again I ask you to show me how Hlavac is better?
Glenjar, do you understand what being put into a position to succeed means? I gave the example of that the other week. When Hejduk and Drury were rookies for the 'Lanche, did they play 4 minutes a night with Scott Parker? No. They flanked Joe friggin' Sakic. Think about it. 2 rookies playing wings for arguable the best player in the league. The 'Lanche recognized that the rookies were offensive players and put them into a position to succeed.

I couldn't agree more, look at the Avs this year, Tanguay and Hedjuk have completely developed and they have added even more young players into the regular lineup, McCormick, Liles, Steve Moore, etc.

That will never happen in NY. Also, Jar Jar, Lundmark has 2 goals not 1 the same amount as Janny the Great when you exclude that ridiculous penalty shot

nyr5186 11-25-2003 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barnaby
I like Lundmark as much as you do, but lets be honest here... the guy hasn't exactly forced his way into the line-up. Sure, Sather could make it easier on him, but it's Lundmarks job to play well enough that Sather can't take him out. The guy has one goal, and to be honest I can't remember the last nice play he made. It's not like he's been scratched 8 out of the last 10 games here. He's gotten time at different times this year and he hasn't done much with it. It's his turn to step up. I'd LOVE to see him play with Lindros and get 15 plus min a night, but I'm not really sure that he's earned that chance.

I disagree. I think Lundmark has played good considering the circumstances. When he's out there, he's skating hard on all shifts, using his speed, and making nice plays with the puck. He backchecks hard and has been good defensively. He's done just about everything you could ask a 4th liner with top line talent to do. But its tough to create offensive chances when you're playing with Rheaume and LaCouture. Even when he was with Holik earlier, I thought he was making things happen and skating well. He did nothing to warrant a demotion, but just because the whole team wasnt clicking at the time and there were some injuries, he got overlooked. If he gets top line minutes with a guy like Lindros or Nedved for 5 straight games and doesnt produce anything, then I'll stand corrected and admit he didnt take advantage, but unfortunately that hasnt happened.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.