HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Game 12 New York Rangers VS Aneheim Ducks GDT 10PM EST (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=307125)

wereback 11-01-2006 10:44 AM

Game 12 New York Rangers VS Aneheim Ducks GDT 10PM EST
 
Sorry, its not pretty but its my first GDT and I couldn't wait anymore.(if we win tonight I will continue to do them until they lose)




STANDINGS: Ducks - 21 points, 1st place, Pacific Division. Rangers - 10 points, 4th place, Atlantic Division.

TEAM LEADERS: Ducks -- Kunitz, 5 goals; Pronger, 8 assists; Scott Niedermayer, 11 points; Shane O'Brien, 47 PIM. Rangers Shanahan, 10 goals; Jagr, 15 assists and 18 points; Ryan Hollweg, 21 PIM.

SPECIAL TEAMS: Ducks - Power play: 22.8 percent (13 for 57). Penalty killing: 88.7 percent (63 for 71). Rangers - Power play: 16.9 percent (11 for 65). Penalty killing: 81.2 percent (56 for 69).

GOALTENDERS: Ducks -- Giguere (7-0-3, 1 SO, 2.12 GAA); Bryzgalov (2-0-0, 1, 1.22). Rangers Lundqvist (5-5-0, 0, 3.57); Weekes (0-1-0, 0, 7.00).

2005-06 SEASON SERIES: Did not play

LAST MEETING: Oct. 28, 2003; Anaheim 3, Rangers 1 at Madison Square Garden. Only one member of the Rangers roster that will play tonight was part of this game early in the 2003-04 season. That player was Ozolinsh, who was a member of the Ducks at the time and scored the opening goal for Anaheim.

ROAD/HOME RECORDS: Ducks --5-0-2 at home; Rangers -- 3-2-0 on road.

Nich 11-01-2006 10:46 AM

:banghead: 7-0 ducks. :banghead:

Entrancemperium 11-01-2006 10:53 AM

Trying to find a silverlining early............................................. ...damn it I really don't want to write this but oh well let the flaming begin, maybe we'll get that number one pick this upcoming draft that we were supposed to get last year :banghead:

BDubinskyNYR17* 11-01-2006 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Entrancemperium (Post 6951447)
Trying to find a silverlining early............................................. ...damn it I really don't want to write this but oh well let the flaming begin, maybe we'll get that number one pick this upcoming draft that we were supposed to get last year :banghead:


if weekes play 8-2 ducks win. if lundqvist plays 4-2 ducks win

mjdlight 11-01-2006 11:49 AM

Gut-check time folks.

Even if the Rangers lose, if they go out there and lose with a solid effort, they might be able to build on tonight's game.

If they go up there and play with their heads firm up their you know whats, the season might really be slipping away from us.

abev 11-01-2006 11:53 AM

vBookie threads:

Moneyline

Margin of Victory

True Blue 11-01-2006 11:54 AM

Let's see
 
practically everyone on the defensive end (save for Ward & Toots) has been atrocious. Anyone want to bet that Pock will still find himself scratched?

HockeyBasedNYC 11-01-2006 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue (Post 6952044)
practically everyone on the defensive end (save for Ward & Toots) has been atrocious. Anyone want to bet that Pock will still find himself scratched?

Id put money on it.

They'll have the ridiculous thinking that playing Rachunek is the right thing now, so they can ... uh display his ... talents (?) to the rest of the league in hope of the ensuing tradewinds approaching.

Poor little Petr. I hope they dont kick that little sparkplug out the door.

Shadowtron 11-01-2006 12:00 PM

Have no confidence in them right now. See no reason not to expect a Loss and at least 4 goals against.

cityhockeyfever 11-01-2006 12:10 PM

After what I saw on Monday night, I have a gut feeling it's going to be worse.

The Anaheim Ducks are a significantly better team than the Los Angeles Kings. Then again, we all knew that.
What's scarier are the inposing forwards the Ducks have. Ryan Getzlaf, Chris Kunitz and Corey Perry
will really wear your team down. Then their top defensive pairing? Fugheddaboutit!
Chris Pronger and Scott Niedermayer together? Geez...

Either way, the Rangers have their work cut out for them. At the same time, remember they never fare well
at the Pond (actually now the Honda Center), so that's another factor. The Ducks have the luxury
of Teemu Selanne not scoring and they're still winning... an obvious sign of balanced production.
Then again, their local newspapers today have actually brought up that very point.

Tom Renney says he will play Kevin Weekes in one of these two back-to-back games to close out
their four-game Western road trip. I won't be surprised if Weekes plays tonight.
Either way, it'll take a huge night on both ends to beat the Ducks. That's an understatement.

Kingswin 11-01-2006 12:10 PM

You guys obviously do not watch the ducks. They have many weak aspects... I Think the rangers win 4-2

Mitchy 11-01-2006 12:18 PM

Rangers score first, they may have a chance. Ducks score first, I don't see the Rangers winning this game...They are a very fragile team right now.

Kingswin 11-01-2006 12:20 PM

The ducks also might start Bryzgalov... He hasn't played in about 8 games..

SingnBluesOnBroadway 11-01-2006 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrforever (Post 6952322)
Rangers score first, they may have a chance. Ducks score first, I don't see the Rangers winning this game...They are a very fragile team right now.

I think it matters more that this team comes out and plays hard from the start. They gave up the first goal against the Yotes and that didn't hurt them.

nyrmessier011 11-01-2006 12:30 PM

I think we match up well vs the Ducks and can win this game even though they're very good. There a defensive team, were an offensive team. They havent scored many goals. Aside from combined 11 they scored against edmonton and st louis, anaheim scored only 28 goals in 10 games. If our offense plays like it can, and our defense plays above average and shuts down the few weapons they have, we can definetly win. San Jose tomorrow is a different story

BDubinskyNYR17* 11-01-2006 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 (Post 6952457)
I think we match up well vs the Ducks and can win this game even though they're very good. There a defensive team, were an offensive team. They havent scored many goals. Aside from combined 11 they scored against edmonton and st louis, anaheim scored only 28 goals in 10 games. If our offense plays like it can, and our defense plays above average and shuts down the few weapons they have, we can definetly win. San Jose tomorrow is a different story

i expect the Ducks to win, Rangers will take the Ducks younger kids for granted. I predict one of Perry, Getzlaf, Penner to have at least 2 goals. Young kids performs well vs the rangers. Not for them cause they are not given the chance.

UAGoalieGuy 11-01-2006 12:55 PM

I just came across this but I was looking at the point projections for Jagr and Shanny on the TSN site.

Jagr: On pace for 22 goals (lol) and 112 assists :eek: for a total of 134 pts

Shanny: On pace for 75 goals (Holy **** :eek: ) and 22 assists for 97 pts

will these trends continue throughout the season? probably not. Just found it kinda interesting

SingnBluesOnBroadway 11-01-2006 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy (Post 6952759)
I just came across this but I was looking at the point projections for Jagr and Shanny on the TSN site.

Jagr: On pace for 22 goals (lol) and 112 assists :eek: for a total of 134 pts

Shanny: On pace for 75 goals (Holy **** :eek: ) and 22 assists for 97 pts

will these trends continue throughout the season? probably not. Just found it kinda interesting

Check out the seasons that Straka and Nylander are on pace for.

Straka: 45 g, 52 a for 97 points

Nylander: 22g, 89 a for 112 points

Kind of shows that this team doesn't have issues offensively.

UAGoalieGuy 11-01-2006 01:00 PM

Holy **** lol Nylander for 112 pts...Straka for 97 pts too lol


A Ward is on pace for 57 pts lol
Prucha on pace for 52...

Ya Offense def. isnt the problem...

Finest 11-01-2006 01:02 PM

I'm going to change the thinking a little bit and say Rangers will win in regulation 4-3, and take that momentum into San Jose and beat them 3-1. Hey I can hope cant I :D :cheers: :wg:

TUQ 11-01-2006 01:03 PM

I sense an even game tonight in which Lundqvist stands on his head, Jagr puts 3 assists and Prucha 2 goals, we go to overtime where we win with only goal by Nylander an 3 saves by Henke.

Howgh

BDubinskyNYR17* 11-01-2006 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 (Post 6952857)
I'm going to change the thinking a little bit and say Rangers will win in regulation 4-3, and take that momentum into San Jose and beat them 3-1. Hey I can hope cant I :D :cheers: :wg:

Is Weekes in net and will Pock play??? Knowing Renney Rachunek will be back in. I got a feeling.

rickyrod 11-01-2006 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway (Post 6952785)
Kind of shows that this team doesn't have issues offensively.

we're 6th in the league in goals for (40). sadly, we're tied for 5th in the league for goals against (43) with philly.

Finest 11-01-2006 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AHall18NYR (Post 6952879)
Is Weekes in net and will Pock play??? Knowing Renney Rachunek will be back in. I got a feeling.

Hey hey hey, lets not get into specifics now, let me have my faith lol :)

HockeyBasedNYC 11-01-2006 01:21 PM

All i want is to watch some spirited hockey tonight. Ill let the cards fall where they may.



LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.