HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Shoot Saku Shoot!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=30716)

Nielson81 11-24-2003 01:36 PM

Shoot Saku Shoot!!

I just realized why Koivu only has 3 assists in 8 games so far this season.

In the 8 games since returning from injury he has only had 6 shots on goal!!

Julien must be telling him to shoot the puck more, heck Hemsky shoots more then that!!

Unbiased Canadian

didjuicythat 11-24-2003 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unbiased Canadian
I just realized why Koivu only has 3 assists in 8 games so far this season.

In the 8 games since returning from injury he has only had 6 shots on goal!!

Julien must be telling him to shoot the puck more, heck Hemsky shoots more then that!!

Unbiased Canadian

Actually Hemsky had a 7 game streak with no shots on goal... bottom line is both should shoot more. I agree with you, Saku looks like he's always searching for the perfect feed to the open guy, when he could simply take a good wrist shot.

Having good playmaking abilities is one thing, but Koivu is not using his wrist shot enough if you ask me. It's sad, because I always thought it was pretty accurate.

Habsaku 11-24-2003 01:53 PM

Quote:

Having good playmaking abilities is one thing, but Koivu is not using his wrist shot enough if you ask me. It's sad, because I always thought it was pretty accurate.

You should tell that to Forsberg, hes got 40 goal scoring hands but he doesn't use them enough.

Koivu has an accurate wrist shot, but it lacks power. He should definetly shoot more though.

oli500 11-24-2003 02:21 PM

He might not shoot the puck but he got zednik to play. 4 goals in 3 games. Same for ryder who seems to be doing well with those two.

didjuicythat 11-24-2003 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsaku
You should tell that to Forsberg, hes got 40 goal scoring hands but he doesn't use them enough.

My guess is he prefers to use these hands and this wonderful ice vision to feed his linemates and record 70-80 assists a year. But I do agree he has tremendous scoring instincts. I think no one in the league can do it all as Foppa does at the moment, to be honest with you.

As for Saku, I definatly have to agree. His shots lacks power at some points. He has to rely on the accuracy of his shots to score goals.

joepaco 11-24-2003 03:55 PM

[QUOTE=HiggsFan]. I think no one in the league can do it all as Foppa does at the moment, to be honest with you.QUOTE]

who is Foppa ?? is that Forsebergs nic name ??

:dunno:

BLONG7 11-24-2003 03:58 PM

Saku is a very unselfish player, and tends to look for the perfect setup more often than not... he should shoot more.

didjuicythat 11-24-2003 04:18 PM

[QUOTE=joepaco]
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiggsFan
. I think no one in the league can do it all as Foppa does at the moment, to be honest with you.QUOTE]

who is Foppa ?? is that Forsebergs nic name ??

:dunno:

you got it! :)

Joe Cole 11-25-2003 04:32 AM

About Forsberg and Koivu, most centers are puck distributors. They are the ones that determine the tempo and control the play.

then again....maybe it's confidence.