HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   SportsNet TV: Comrie situation to resolved in about a week (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=30720)

Mizral 11-24-2003 02:43 PM

SportsNet TV: Comrie situation to resolved in about a week

This according to Nick Kypreos, and while he isn't a great source most of the time, he does have legit tied towards both the Oilers & Rangers organization and was well noted last year for calling both the Carter & Niinimaa trades at the trade deadline last year.

Kypreos essentially said, 'Since the Heritage Classic is over, Kevin Lowe's attention is soley on Comrie', and said that it'll be resolved in a week.

Hockey Moose 11-24-2003 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizral
This according to Nick Kypreos, and while he isn't a great source most of the time, he does have legit tied towards both the Oilers & Rangers organization and was well noted last year for calling both the Carter & Niinimaa trades at the trade deadline last year.

Kypreos essentially said, 'Since the Heritage Classic is over, Kevin Lowe's attention is soley on Comrie', and said that it'll be resolved in a week.

I'll say Comrie ends up in so Cal...hopefully with the Ducks cause as a Kings fan, I'm more than happy to tuff it out with our prospects! We've waited since 93...we can wait abit longer!

Burke's Evil Spirit 11-24-2003 02:46 PM

It's also worth saying that Kypreos called Bertuzzi's contract extention *and* the Tkachuk trade. His rumours are typically legit.

thestonedkoala 11-24-2003 02:49 PM

Is it me or do we hear about these things and they don't turn up?

I mean a couple weeks ago it was reported Ronning was close to signing within a couple weeks...well it's been a couple weeks...WHY HASN'T HE SIGNED?

Mr. Canucklehead 11-24-2003 02:51 PM

Yeah, Kipper is certainly no Strachan and Gallagher. :p He's usually on the money when he calls this sort of thing, as he was about the Bertuzzi contract, the Niinimaa and Carter deals, and so on and so forth.

~Canucklehead~

messy_eh 11-24-2003 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
Is it me or do we hear about these things and they don't turn up?

I mean a couple weeks ago it was reported Ronning was close to signing within a couple weeks...well it's been a couple weeks...WHY HASN'T HE SIGNED?

I believe he said that the oilers were close to signing EITHER Ronning or Oates and he was betting on Ronning, His rumors aren't far off but his gambling needs some work

ihatenewjersey 11-24-2003 04:41 PM

he say who may be involved in a deal

RE-HABS 11-24-2003 06:47 PM

I think anyone could have called the Bertuzzi signing. :shakehead

Benji Frank 11-24-2003 07:12 PM

He'll bury the hatchet and resign with Edmonton.......

leafaholix* 11-24-2003 07:18 PM

Maybe they'll send him to Montreal for Craig Rivet and Patricia Brisebois.

Malmo_Mike 11-24-2003 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benji Frank

I really don't see that happening. If Comrie does sign Lowe is going to have another Poti situation on his hands. Comrie is done as an Oiler IMO

Mowzie 11-24-2003 07:33 PM

Ronning will have a contract by Thursday... a little bird told me.

OilerMania83 11-24-2003 07:55 PM

OK, so he's supposedly going to California (LA or Anaheim in particular?)

So...

Comrie
for
Lupul/Chistov and maybe something else?

Comrie
for
Frolov??

oildrop 11-24-2003 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benji Frank

Don't hold your breath on that one. Comrie's days in Edmonton are over. A trade is all that is needed to conclude this fiasco.

leafaholix* 11-24-2003 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OilerMania83
OK, so he's supposedly going to California (LA or Anaheim in particular?)

So...

Comrie
for
Lupul/Chistov and maybe something else?

Comrie
for
Frolov??

You're kidding?

OilerMania83 11-24-2003 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go pierre hedin
You're kidding?

Comrie + Pick
for
Frolov?

Comrie
for
Lupul or Chistov straight up?

Picks/ Prospects can be added to even it up but looks like Lupul is the main candidate for Comrie right now...

Mr. Canucklehead 11-24-2003 09:20 PM

A Comrie for Chistov or Lupul deal would be good for them, IMO. While I think they need help now, having guys who can contribute now and will contribute in spades down the road and who make a pretty minimalistic amount of money wouldn't hurt them. Seeing Lupul with a guy like Hemsky would be interesting as well, and it's been a dream of Joffrey's to play in Edmonton for his whole life.

~Canucklehead~

kidchrome 11-24-2003 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mowzie
Ronning will have a contract by Thursday... a little bird told me.

yeah but who will be signing the paycheques?????

Fish on The Sand 11-24-2003 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidchrome
yeah but who will be signing the paycheques?????

Maybe he's just going to get a cell phone:p

Mizral 11-24-2003 09:31 PM

Alright, I have absolutely nothing substantiated to say this, but I have been getting VERY strong indications that Comrie will be shipped to LA. I had a hunch that LA is where Comrie would end up about a month ago, but now after some of the latest 'developments' and a few rumours here and there, I am convinced Comrie will end up in a Kings uniform, and I'm going to bet it happens well before Christmas.

I'm also pretty confident the Ducks are interested in Comrie, but will not part with what the Oilers want. They don't want him that badly. I get the feeling the Ducks are looking for a guy more like Yannic Perrault. A guy to replace Adam Oates/Steve Thomas.

What do I think the Oilers could get outa LA? I'll wager 10 bucks that if an Comrie to LA deal gets done, that one of Dustin Brown, Alexander Frolov, or Denis Grebeshkov will be heading to Edmonton. I would also not be surprised at all to see the Oilers also send Shawn Horcoff along with Comrie.. or perhaps Alex Semenov.. and try to pry away one of Mike Cammelleri, Jared Aulin, or Jaroslav Modry to boot.

Obsessed 11-24-2003 09:48 PM

I still dont buy it. Lowe isn't going to deal Comrie to a Western team. His value may be higher in the west but the potetial for the deal to come back and bite him is to large. Basically I agree with Bill Watters.

Once teams catch wind that Lowe is ready to move the interest will intensify again. Anaheim and LA are only stiring the pot.

Just my 2 cents.

The Rage 11-24-2003 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go pierre hedin
You're kidding?

Kidding in what sense? i assume you mean that comire's too much for any of frolov, lupul, or chistov since underrating comrie seems to be common. You have to remember that Comrie had 33 goals his first full NHL season, and that makes him a proven, quality commodity. The other three guys all have great upside but have proven diddly squat. Daigle and Bonsignore also had great upside, now look at them. A proven commodity deserves a high price.

Saprykin Fan 11-24-2003 09:54 PM

hey

k some won't believe me, cause i have inside info, but i think comrie wil go to LA because,

1) He bought a house there this summer with Josh Green, good friend of mine and hometwon is 30 minutes away.

2) He told me he will never wear and OILERS jersey again, not just do to with the fans!!!!

If Comrie goes anywhere i think it will be LA because they have soem extra money for the allison insurnace they recieved, it would be cool if my brother was involved in this deal!!!!

juts my 2 cents.
later

The Rage 11-24-2003 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obsessed
I still dont buy it. Lowe isn't going to deal Comrie to a Western team. His value may be higher in the west but the potetial for the deal to come back and bite him is to large. Basically I agree with Bill Watters.

Once teams catch wind that Lowe is ready to move the interest will intensify again. Anaheim and LA are only stiring the pot.

Just my 2 cents.

I don't know why Lowe would make such a big deal about trading him to the east, that would halve the number of possible suitors. Lowe will simply make the best deal. If Comrie has a couple of big games against the Oilers every year, it won't be that bad. But if Lowe gets a poor return for Comrie, he will look very, very bad.

Mizral 11-24-2003 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obsessed

Just my 2 cents.

I understand what you're saying, but the market out East just isn't there. Let's look through the teams:

Montreal: Don't really have any assets to obtain Comrie. A darkhorse possibility, but with Ribeiro playing so well, I don't know if they need him. Plus he's another smallish guy.

Toronto: Loaded at forward. Don't need him.

Ottawa: Muckler has said that they have no interest.

Boston: Maybe two months ago, but with Patrice Bergeron playing exellent, the Bruins do not need Mike Comrie in the least.

Buffalo: Picked up Drury in the off season, and Briere before that. Loaded at C with similar players.

NYI: Already trying to dump off salary, Loaded at C.

NYR: Sather already says he doesn't want him.

Philidelphia: Clark already says he doesn't want him.

Pittsburgh: I think it'd be a great fit, but A) They can't afford any salary, and B) Even if Comrie did sign for peanuts year 1, Patrick knows he's a salary issue down the road, and the Pens can't afford that.

New Jersey: Doesn't really fit the style of the Devils at all. I have a feeling Burns doesn't want Comrie, and wouldn't like him either. They already have Gomez, too, and don't like him.. and he plays a similar offense-first game.

Florida: Weiss has 10 points in 10 games. Nuff said.

Tampa: Obviously already deep as hell at forward, doubt they want to shake anything up there.

Carolina: Carolina has a glut at centre already, and plays a heavy trap-based system that I'm not sure Comrie would work out in.

Atlanta: Loads of rumours here. Problem is, Waddel has already said Coburn for Comrie is a no-go, and Lowe is rumoured to want even MORE than Coburn. That, plus they got Randy Robitaille who is fitting like a glove, and Marc Savard is now back and kicking ass. Too many similar players there.

Washington: Trying to trade off everyone already on the roster. I believe Nylander comes back next month, too, and is a similar smallish-offensive-minded pivot. The Caps' problems are not scoring either, and I doubt they want to add any salary either.

Can you name one Eastern team that would have even the slightest interest in Comrie? I really can't.