HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Arizona Coyotes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Glendale Arena hockey music (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=307386)

zyllyx 11-01-2006 11:48 PM

Glendale Arena hockey music

Okay, so I'm putting together as many songs as I can from the Glendale Arena music that they play during Coyotes games for a CD I'm going to burn to play on my way to and from The Job.

I'm missing a few songs, though, and I'm looking for info on one in particular -- namely, the instrumental synth song that they play to get the crowd riled up (which has spread ubiquitously around sports in general). I don't know if anyone knows what I'm talking about, but if you do and know the performer or composer and/or the name of the song so I can buy it, please post.

If there's any interest, I'll post the playlist as I compile it.

white_tiger 11-02-2006 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zyllyx (Post 6960073)
Okay, so I'm putting together as many songs as I can from the Glendale Arena music that they play during Coyotes games for a CD I'm going to burn to play on my way to and from The Job.

I'm missing a few songs, though, and I'm looking for info on one in particular -- namely, the instrumental synth song that they play to get the crowd riled up (which has spread ubiquitously around sports in general). I don't know if anyone knows what I'm talking about, but if you do and know the performer or composer and/or the name of the song so I can buy it, please post.

If there's any interest, I'll post the playlist as I compile it.

Yes we know it and most of us don;t like it.. It is called Gary Glitter Rock n ROll 2.. you know Gary Glitter the pedofile. It is the most over done and annoying song in professional sports

zyllyx 11-02-2006 10:04 AM

No, that's not the one. The Glitter anthem, I absolutely refuse to listen to anymore.

No, this one is kind of an electronica/synth variation on the Atlanta Braves "chopping" chant. It has a pulsing bass beat under it and a low-register synth playing the melody. As it goes on it layers on percussion with every successive stanza.

A poor approximation of it:

Dah dah dah DAH dum... dah dah dah de dah dah DUM... dum DAH dum dum.

I just realized that that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. :dunce:

08Neely 11-02-2006 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zyllyx (Post 6962861)
No, that's not the one. The Glitter anthem, I absolutely refuse to listen to anymore.

No, this one is kind of an electronica/synth variation on the Atlanta Braves "chopping" chant. It has a pulsing bass beat under it and a low-register synth playing the melody. As it goes on it layers on percussion with every successive stanza.

A poor approximation of it:

Dah dah dah DAH dum... dah dah dah de dah dah DUM... dum DAH dum dum.

Try Rhythm is a dancer by Snap from the album the madman returns (1992)
:dunno:

I still like the warmup song they used to play a couple of years ago
Click Click Boom by saliva, that one could wake the dead.

While we are on the subject of arena music I think we should play werewolves of London after every goal instead of that song by the pervert.
Makes us unique instead of one of the 100 other sports franchises playing the same track.

XX 11-02-2006 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zyllyx (Post 6962861)

Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson? :dunno: I know they play that sometimes when they do the noise meter and stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08Neely (Post 6962970)
Makes us unique instead of one of the 100 other sports franchises playing the same track.

They have been. a lot more at least this year than last.

zyllyx 11-02-2006 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08Neely (Post 6962970)
Try Rhythm is a dancer by Snap from the album the madman returns (1992)
:dunno:

Nope, that's not it... thanks for the link though because I've been looking for that one too... ;)

This is one they play occasionally before late-game faceoffs. The crowd starts joining in, "Whoah-oh-oh-OH-oh..." etc.

MLB teams have played it this season after home runs (except the Braves, who still do that stupid hatchet chop thing... :shakehead )

coyoteshockeyfan 11-02-2006 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zyllyx (Post 6963301)
Nope, that's not it... thanks for the link though because I've been looking for that one too... ;)

This is one they play occasionally before late-game faceoffs. The crowd starts joining in, "Whoah-oh-oh-OH-oh..." etc.

MLB teams have played it this season after home runs (except the Braves, who still do that stupid hatchet chop thing... :shakehead )

I think I know what song you are talking about, its a song thats on an xbox game I own, NHL Hits Pro. Unfortunately, I don't know the title either. However, looking at the music credits for the game, it might be "Boomshakalaka" by Logan 7, or "Kernkraft 400" by Zombie Nation. Here are the full music credits if you want to look through them.

http://www.answers.com/topic/nhl-hitz-pro

XX 11-02-2006 11:52 AM

Kernkraft 400. Theres two versions. One without the woaahahaha or whatever you want to call it, and one with.

zyllyx 11-02-2006 12:23 PM

Bless you both! Now I can get the stupid thing out of my head... ;)

08Neely 11-02-2006 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XavierX (Post 6963203)
Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson? :dunno: I know they play that sometimes when they do the noise meter and stuff.

They have been. a lot more at least this year than last.

Yeah they have, like every third goal.
So that means we hear it what....once a month? :sarcasm:

I would say it should be the main song with other stuff thrown in there on occaision.

taylorguitars 11-02-2006 02:12 PM

These two songs should be being played in every sports venue. Ignore the talking in the first one is a jam, no lyrics totally gets you going. The second is being used big time with college football, the message is perfect for sports. "We got to get out to believe Tomorrow is never guaranteed" that line just screams playoffs!

Ted's Jam
http://www.sendspace.com/file/2gr4vz

Thrill of It
http://www.sendspace.com/file/88qt4a

both are by Robert Randolph and the Family Band (they're playing The Venue of Scottsdale tomorrow night 11/3) if you're interested in going hit me up for more info or if you wanna hear more by them.

Sinurgy 11-02-2006 04:51 PM

The best arena song in sports is EASILY "Who Let the Dogs Out"

:sarcasm:

Devils Advocate 11-02-2006 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinurgy (Post 6966979)

Yeah, except they should change the lyrics to:

"Who let that song out" "ooh, ooh, ugh"

XX 11-02-2006 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinurgy (Post 6966979)

Props to the sound guy if he ever gets the balls to play that after a team scrum.

white_tiger 11-02-2006 05:55 PM

I still wish he would play The Hooks from

Melncamps "It Hurts So Good" After a really good hit(during the replay)...

Or Bon Jovi "Have A Nice Day" When the visitors have a guy skating to the Box to sit for 2 minutes and feel shame;)

RavynCoyotes 11-28-2011 01:30 PM

Another Question

Does anyone know the where I can find the remix of I want it all that they play at the arena? I do not know the other artist, but I really like the mix.

awfulwaffle 11-28-2011 01:53 PM

Zombie Nation is the pure sports song to get the crowd pumped up.

I do wish we had a different song playing when we score a goal. I know it goes with the Coyotes as the whole howling, but I really wish I could follow the Capitals and yell "HEY, YOU SUCK!" to the goalie when we score. That has to be such a deflator.

SweYote 11-28-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavynCoyotes (Post 40084159)
Does anyone know the where I can find the remix of I want it all that they play at the arena? I do not know the other artist, but I really like the mix.

I believe this is the one.

http://open.spotify.com/track/11QsIoJiCCUHo7iuoOWp5f

Sinurgy 11-28-2011 03:10 PM

Hey a fellow spotify user! Oddly enough though I can't play this song, I get the "This track is currently not available in the United States." error.

CoyoteUgly 11-28-2011 08:19 PM

you may be thinking Crowd Chant by Joe Satriani

SweYote 11-28-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinurgy (Post 40088675)
Hey a fellow spotify user! Oddly enough though I can't play this song, I get the "This track is currently not available in the United States." error.

Spotify is a gift from God. :nod: Messages like the one you got seems to appear pretty often when sending links between different countries though.

letbob 11-28-2011 10:43 PM

Don't forget AC/DC ............Thunderstruck and TNT.

awfulwaffle 11-28-2011 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by letbob (Post 40110365)
Don't forget AC/DC ............Thunderstruck and TNT.

Yep, heard both of those Friday night against the Canucks.

Sindiggy 11-28-2011 11:49 PM

who knows the one that goes "3,2,1 are you ready to rock?" ?

RavynCoyotes 11-29-2011 01:44 AM

Thank you!!! Listening to it now..love this soundtrack!!! :yo: If you go to itunes soundtrack for Suckerpunch its there..but not if you just look up I want it all. weird right!