HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Former Rangers Crabb and Guenin (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=308042)

BDubinskyNYR17* 11-03-2006 04:13 PM

Former Rangers Crabb and Guenin

For those who care, Crabb has 4 assist and 9 pim in 10 games with the Wolves of the AHL. Too bad we did not sign him, he would help the Packs offense a little. Guenin on the other hand has 1 goal in 7 games and 12 pim. Great one slats :shakehead :dunno: I know there might have not been room but at worse we could have signed them and if they did not do well send them to ECHL. We could have signed them to AHL contracts like Bahensky and Potter.

CM Lundqvist 11-03-2006 04:18 PM

Stop whining about a pair of d-level prospects who were FRINGE AHL'ers in our system.

They just weren't good enough to cut it in a deeper and more talented farm system. These two will most likely NEVER make the NHL.

If Slats thought they were good enough, he would have resigned them. That's why Bahensky and Corey Potter were signed, and not those two.

Firefly 11-03-2006 04:33 PM

You present stats as if to sway our opinion...but those stats are far from great. What's the issue here again?

Son of Steinbrenner 11-03-2006 04:38 PM

I like Crabb but with the 50 contract limit it was hard to sign the guy..

Actually the good news is we didn't sign these guys....If we did Jort would just include them in his trade proposals..

Crabb
Rachunek
Immonen

For

Joe Thornton..

Brian Boyle 11-03-2006 04:41 PM

I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight

eco's bones 11-03-2006 05:13 PM

Both of these guys had a chance to sign with us and both didn't. Beyond that was the room or lack of room for the number of contracts we would carry. Here choices have to be made. Do you sign for instance Callahan to an NHL contract or not? When you do decide to sign him that is one less NHL contract you can sign a player to. Crabb holding out for more money did not help his cause as far as getting that contract from us but he could get it from someone else. So there you go. Is Crabb going to be an NHL'er someday? Possibly. But I would say he is 3rd line material if that happens at best and more likely a 4th liner or a 13th-14th forward. In other words not a big loss and I'd rather take my chances with Callahan.

MisterUnspoken 11-03-2006 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -31- (Post 6979949)
I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight

:biglaugh:

Bird Law 11-03-2006 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 (Post 6979794)
Stop whining about a pair of d-level prospects who were FRINGE AHL'ers in our system.

They just weren't good enough to cut it in a deeper and more talented farm system. These two will most likely NEVER make the NHL.

If Slats thought they were good enough, he would have resigned them. That's why Bahensky and Corey Potter were signed, and not those two.

Crabb would not have been a "fringe" AHLer in our system.

caldercup0 11-03-2006 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AHall18NYR (Post 6979764)
For those who care, Crabb has 4 assist and 9 pim in 10 games with the Wolves of the AHL. Too bad we did not sign him, he would help the Packs offense a little. Guenin on the other hand has 1 goal in 7 games and 12 pim. Great one slats :shakehead :dunno: I know there might have not been room but at worse we could have signed them and if they did not do well send them to ECHL. We could have signed them to AHL contracts like Bahensky and Potter.

1. Did you ever think that Crabb's four assists might have something to do with the fact that the Wolves have an offense? Darren Haydar and Jason Krog have combined for 33 points in ten games. I doubt that Crabb is the reason behind Chicago's success on offense. That's all that really needs to be said about that.

2. Why the hell would they have signed AHL contracts when Atlanta and Philadelphia offered NHL deals?

Fletch 11-04-2006 09:17 AM

I don't see...

how 4 assists would help the Rangers' offense. Immonen has more points than Crabb. Helminen does too, I believe, and the third centerman, Dubinsky, is leagues ahead of Crabb in terms of potential. As a fourth line centerman (and in the AHL, I don't think such a player gets a lot of ice time), I don't think Crabb would even have four assists.

bmoak 11-04-2006 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Prescription (Post 6980245)
Crabb would not have been a "fringe" AHLer in our system.

Quite right. Crabb would be a fringe ECHLer in our system, fighting to get playing time with Graham, Petruzalek, and Bahensky.

BTW, Crabb is a RW getting top 6 minutes in Chicago, and is playing on a line centered by Steve Martins, a top minor-league vet (80 pts last year). And his 4 assists are supposed to impress us? Whose spot do you give to Crabb: Callahan's or Jessiman's?

And I'm sure offering Guenin an AHL contract and sending him to the ECHL would tempt him, since he Philadelphia was offering an NHL contract and he would be an automatic top-6 for the Phantoms due to lack of depth in the Flyers system.

BDubinskyNYR17* 11-04-2006 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmoak (Post 6985808)
Quite right. Crabb would be a fringe ECHLer in our system, fighting to get playing time with Graham, Petruzalek, and Bahensky.

BTW, Crabb is a RW getting top 6 minutes in Chicago, and is playing on a line centered by Steve Martins, a top minor-league vet (80 pts last year). And his 4 assists are supposed to impress us? Whose spot do you give to Crabb: Callahan's or Jessiman's?

And I'm sure offering Guenin an AHL contract and sending him to the ECHL would tempt him, since he Philadelphia was offering an NHL contract and he would be an automatic top-6 for the Phantoms due to lack of depth in the Flyers system.

and Guenin was born in PA so that helped his disicion.

MountVancouver'94 11-04-2006 10:57 AM

[QUOTE=eco's bones;6980134]Both of these guys had a chance to sign with us and both didn't. Beyond that was the room or lack of room for the number of contracts we would carry.

I was just going to say the same thing....

Plato 11-04-2006 12:20 PM

Quote:

:bow: :bow: :bow:

nyr2k2 11-04-2006 03:19 PM

Quote:

Well put, bmoak. There was a reason we didn't bring these guys back- they aren't that good.

sling 11-04-2006 04:00 PM

Another waste of a thread.:dunno:

Prubab 11-04-2006 06:23 PM

Lol

nrf83 11-04-2006 06:31 PM

BTW why are they former NYR's. They were never signed. Should change post to former NYR's draft picks.