HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   The What is going on with other conference opponents Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=308082)

Joe T Choker 11-03-2006 06:26 PM

The What is going on with other conference opponents Thread
 
Other teams have it ... might as well go ahead and set one up ... before its too late

SmokeyClause 11-03-2006 07:44 PM

I've been quiet and haven't said a peep about it to this point, but CBJ is terrible yet again. They absolutely have to get rid of Gallant. Once again, it's the system, not the players, that is keeping them from achieiving anything.

barrytrotzsneck 11-03-2006 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyClause (Post 6981241)
I've been quiet and haven't said a peep about it to this point, but CBJ is terrible yet again. They absolutely have to get rid of Gallant. Once again, it's the system, not the players, that is keeping them from achieiving anything.

Agreed. They have a core of players that is probably better than what we had in 03-04, when we were mostly steady throughout the year(although we did almost collapse out of the playoffs in march, as usual) though minus Vokoun. From watching their games, their system stinks. Gallant juggles lines even worse than Trotz, and without the chemistry that we seem to find. Passing is bad, breakouts are bad...the personnel is there, the system isn't. I know we have our "rivalry" with the Jackets, but honestly, I pity them more than hate them. Every year seems like it will be better, and it never is. Now, with that said, it's still early...and they went on a pretty hot run last year, and who knows what can happen...but without a major overhaul in the front office(i'm talking of a Philadelphian proportion), I can't see this getting better. Their run last year was parallel to Nash's healthy return to the lineup. This year, he's been there...but can't seem to get going.

Now, next question...

what the hell is going on in Calgary? They do not look like the same team as years passed...I'm thinking they went in the wrong direction to correct their scoring problems, lost the character guys(Gelinas, Conroy, Lydman, etc) that grinded out wins, and became too soft. Sutter going strictly GM could have something to do with it, as well.

Joe T Choker 11-03-2006 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids (Post 6981325)
Agreed. They have a core of players that is probably better than what we had in 03-04, when we were mostly steady throughout the year(although we did almost collapse out of the playoffs in march, as usual) though minus Vokoun. From watching their games, their system stinks. Gallant juggles lines even worse than Trotz, and without the chemistry that we seem to find. Passing is bad, breakouts are bad...the personnel is there, the system isn't. I know we have our "rivalry" with the Jackets, but honestly, I pity them more than hate them. Every year seems like it will be better, and it never is. Now, with that said, it's still early...and they went on a pretty hot run last year, and who knows what can happen...but without a major overhaul in the front office(i'm talking of a Philadelphian proportion), I can't see this getting better. Their run last year was parallel to Nash's healthy return to the lineup. This year, he's been there...but can't seem to get going.

Now, next question...

what the hell is going on in Calgary? They do not look like the same team as years passed...I'm thinking they went in the wrong direction to correct their scoring problems, lost the character guys(Gelinas, Conroy, Lydman, etc) that grinded out wins, and became too soft. Sutter going strictly GM could have something to do with it, as well.

and the soft Tanguay has tied the game

handtrick 11-03-2006 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids (Post 6981325)

Now, next question...

what the hell is going on in Calgary? They do not look like the same team as years passed...I'm thinking they went in the wrong direction to correct their scoring problems, lost the character guys(Gelinas, Conroy, Lydman, etc) that grinded out wins, and became too soft. Sutter going strictly GM could have something to do with it, as well.


Apparently Iginla is pretty unhappy about decisions that Calgary has made:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=307390

I expect Sutter to get back behind the bench about any day now....

nine_inch_fang 11-03-2006 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe T Choker (Post 6980635)
Other teams have it ... might as well go ahead and set one up ... before its too late

You're just looking to start a thread that will get stickied aren't you?:)

Joe T Choker 11-03-2006 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang (Post 6981620)
You're just looking to start a thread that will get stickied aren't you?:)

no ... honestly we should keep up with other teams results in the conference

nine_inch_fang 11-03-2006 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe T Choker (Post 6981637)
no ... honestly we should keep up with other teams results in the conference

Oh, it's alright I was just kidding.

Gnashville 11-03-2006 08:48 PM

Stupid Blackholes they lay down to the rest of the west esp Detriot and play to win when they play us.

Joe T Choker 11-03-2006 09:14 PM

another poor performance by the Flames ... I think Playfair IS done in Calgary

beautypersoni 11-03-2006 09:43 PM

The Calgary Flames do not have a player who truly complements Jarome Iginla. They lack a truly gifted playmaker to set Iginla up. He's all alone in trying to carry the team offensively. If Iginla really does start complaining, there will be changes made.

Anyhoo...

barrytrotzsneck 11-03-2006 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe T Choker (Post 6981914)
another poor performance by the Flames ... I think Playfair IS done in Calgary

to be fair, i think they played pretty well, coming from behind and all...and if kipper was in, they would likely have won that game.

Joe T Choker 11-03-2006 11:05 PM

And the Oilers get ****ED ... wow

barrytrotzsneck 11-03-2006 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe T Choker (Post 6982956)
And the Oilers get ****ED ... wow

beat me to it, they just got screwed. mcgeough blows another one. the oilers one a faceoff with the goalie pulled, smyth shot, turco gave up a juicy rebound which came right to hemsky, who banged it into an empty net...absolutely no infraction, but mcgeough immediately waves it off, citing a phantom handpass.


that goal would have tied the game, after the oilers scored to make it 3-2 with a minute left

Joe T Choker 11-03-2006 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids (Post 6982996)
beat me to it, they just got screwed. mcgeough blows another one. the oilers one a faceoff with the goalie pulled, smyth shot, turco gave up a juicy rebound which came right to hemsky, who banged it into an empty net...absolutely no infraction, but mcgeough immediately waves it off, citing a phantom handpass.


that goal would have tied the game, after the oilers scored to make it 3-2 with a minute left

1) Mcgeough screws the Oilers, 2) he admits he made the wrong call (of course he's done it numerous times before disallowing goals and such 3) next course of action ... **** CANNING THIS SON OF A *****!

golfmade 11-04-2006 12:17 AM

I want to see footage of it, doubt it'll be on NHL's site. Wonder if TSN will show it.

Sachiko 11-04-2006 12:44 AM

It was bad... worst call in the past 5 years. Cost us atleast 1.. probably 2 points. The first Dallas goal was BS as well.

SmokeyClause 11-04-2006 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe T Choker (Post 6983369)
1) Mcgeough screws the Oilers, 2) he admits he made the wrong call (of course he's done it numerous times before disallowing goals and such 3) next course of action ... **** CANNING THIS SON OF A *****!


That ref is so damned talented. I was amazed he wasn't one of those canned in the offseason. Maybe he won't be so lucky next time around.

a79krgm 11-04-2006 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beauty Personified (Post 6982206)
The Calgary Flames do not have a player who truly complements Jarome Iginla. They lack a truly gifted playmaker to set Iginla up. He's all alone in trying to carry the team offensively. If Iginla really does start complaining, there will be changes made.

Anyhoo...

I agree. Also it seems to me that this team has a one way hockey chemistry that seems to rub off on anyone who joins their ranks. Take the examples of Tanguay, Huselius, Amonte and Friesen.
These were players who came to the orgainization to boost scoring.
I know a lot of teams would have wanted to aquire them for the same reason. Yet their production has been inhibited for some reason.

Physical, "dig-dog" style hockey is important and effective but its price seems to be too high if it's hurting their ability to compete in the new NHL. In other words, relying on too much of one thing can be costly.

freakin 11-04-2006 10:43 AM

there's a video of the edmonton dallas finish here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=261103006

Turco said he reacted to the whistle going off though before the goal was scored.

Sachiko 11-04-2006 11:31 AM

Ofcourse.. who want's to admit they get beat twice in the final 1:30 of a game. Turco never stopped moving.

Joe T Choker 11-04-2006 04:37 PM

MacTavish & jack@$$ both fined

Joe T Choker 11-04-2006 09:44 PM

Cheechoo = Tossed for Boarding Mark Eaton

barrytrotzsneck 11-04-2006 09:47 PM

that was excessive, i think at worst it should have been a 5, but no game misconduct.

But...bad for Sharks, good for us.

Go Pens!

freakin 11-05-2006 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids (Post 6993582)
that was excessive, i think at worst it should have been a 5, but no game misconduct.

But...bad for Sharks, good for us.

Go Pens!

good for my fantasy team too. 7.5 points for cheechoo on nothing but penalty minutes :yo:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:00 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.