HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal:Ottawa/Phoenix (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=30890)

Makes Sens 11-25-2003 06:38 AM

Proposal:Ottawa/Phoenix

A while back someone mentioned an Ottawa/Phoenix trade. I think the trade involved Tyson Nash and Curtis Leschyshyn. I believe this was based on 2 Phoenix scouts watching a Sens game. I think the Sens should be more interested in a player like Chris Gratton. Ottawa is horrible on the draw and could use his Faceoff skills. I think he could be moved to Left wing or he could be a nice checking line center. What would Phoenix want back for Gratton? I know they need defenceman but what about Schastlivy for Gratton. 2 underachieving players that could help both teams. Schastlivy has more of an upside than Gratton but Schastlivy just doesn't fit into Ottawa's plans anymore. Phoenix would also save money on Schastlivy. If they really want a defenceman what about Shane Hnidy. He's cheap, tough and is a team guy. Just a thought!!

south-sentral 11-25-2003 06:51 AM

I think that would be a good deal for both teams. Gratton could play LW and is big. Just hoping that Schast doesn't pull a Demitra on us and turn out to be a great player.

sensfan18 11-25-2003 08:05 AM

We would not get Gratton for Shastlivy, and and I'm not sure why you say he is "underacheiving" from what I read the Yotes fans are quite happy with his play. If you think he is underacheiving I think you may be expecting too much from Gratton. Don't get me wrong I'm all for getting Gratton but we won't get him for Shastlivy.

Guest 11-25-2003 09:10 AM

I think the deal is possible. Just because of the salary saved, and we look like we have plenty of centers even with Hrdina sidelined at the moment.

Gratton has been in the coaches dog house the past few games, relagated to 4th line duty, so he could be had. I haven't been disappointed in his play, but then again I don't have 1st rounder expectations of him like many do still to a degree.

I'd absolutely love to acquire Bonk & Phillips though. That's a deal that would make me very happy. I don't think we'd have the assets to put together a deal for that one. I know both have been rumored to Phoenix in the past however.

Volchenkov 11-25-2003 09:52 AM

I'd do it from Ottawa's standpoint.

If I trade shastlivy I hope he does really well. When I make trades, I always want the other team to benefit, so long as it doesn't affect my team. The 'yotes are in the west and are very unlikely to face Ottawa in the SC final any time soon. If the sens do a Gratton for Shastlivy deal, I'll be rooting for Shastlivy big time.

sensfan18 11-25-2003 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volchenkov
I'd do it from Ottawa's standpoint.

If I trade shastlivy I hope he does really well. When I make trades, I always want the other team to benefit, so long as it doesn't affect my team. The 'yotes are in the west and are very unlikely to face Ottawa in the SC final any time soon. If the sens do a Gratton for Shastlivy deal, I'll be rooting for Shastlivy big time.

Agreed, I'd wish him all the best, he needs to get more ice time to excel and he is not going to get it here. I'm a big fan of Gratton and think he is exactly what we need. A deal where we don't lose any of our major cogs in the wheel would be especially nice.

YotesFan 11-25-2003 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sensfan18
Agreed, I'd wish him all the best, he needs to get more ice time to excel and he is not going to get it here. I'm a big fan of Gratton and think he is exactly what we need. A deal where we don't lose any of our major cogs in the wheel would be especially nice.

What else would ottawa throw in to make it an even deal? And could you give any info on shastlivy's potential and what kind of player he could be, and how long he might take to develop? Thanks

Hossa 11-25-2003 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YotesFan
What else would ottawa throw in to make it an even deal? And could you give any info on shastlivy's potential and what kind of player he could be, and how long he might take to develop? Thanks

Schastlivy's best asset is his shooting ability. Especially his snap shot. His overall style is similar to Alexei Kovalev. he's not that good, but few players are. There was a time where I was thinking he had first line potential, but I'm not sure of that right now. Nonetheless, he could defenitely score 25 goals and 50-60 points for the Yotes.

He was on pace for 20 goals, possibly more before he got hurt last year. He could step in and score, it's not a matter of development as much as ice time and building up confidence.

Volchenkov 11-25-2003 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YotesFan

Shastlivy's potential I'd say is similar to a poor man's Peter Bondra. He is capable of scoring 20 goals right now, but no longer fits into Ottawa's system. Gratton would be a much better fit. What would phoenix be looking for? Pick, prospect, prusek?

YotesFan 11-25-2003 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volchenkov
Shastlivy's potential I'd say is similar to a poor man's Peter Bondra. He is capable of scoring 20 goals right now, but no longer fits into Ottawa's system. Gratton would be a much better fit. What would phoenix be looking for? Pick, prospect, prusek?

A prospect and a 2 or 3 rd pick and I think the yotes should do it. We need cheap players who can be legitamate scorers. Prusek? I don't know, we already have a surplus of goalies we would have to work out a trade of one or two of our goalies first.

kolanos 11-25-2003 01:24 PM

In the games I've seen Gratton play in this year he's looked terrible. Whatever hockey sense he might have had at one time seems to be gone now, often looks like he doesn't know what he's doing or where he needs to be on the ice to be effective. I realize he's very streaky, but I still think Phoenix was burned on this trade.