HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Zidliky - 16 points on the season (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=30942)

pld459666 11-25-2003 11:16 AM

Zidliky - 16 points on the season

While I was and still am pissed that he didn't want to earn a spot on the team, it bugs me that he's posting these numbers down south.

BLACKBURN 11-25-2003 11:45 AM

:dunno: Riz predicted these kind of results months before Zid even put on a Nash uni. Well done Riz, if only Slats had/has your hockey smarts, we might have even made the play-offs :)

Leetchie 11-25-2003 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLACKBURN
:dunno: Riz predicted these kind of results months before Zid even put on a Nash uni. Well done Riz, if only Slats had/has your hockey smarts, we might have even made the play-offs :)

I saw a few clips of him play, and I agreed, I wanted to see him signed. It's amazing how this team picks their spots to play hardball with certain players, yet throws away money on others.

riz 11-25-2003 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leetchie
I saw a few clips of him play, and I agreed, I wanted to see him signed. It's amazing how this team picks their spots to play hardball with certain players, yet throws away money on others.

I just loved the full page story on Marek in the latest Hockey News :handclap:

n8 11-26-2003 01:10 AM

malhotra scores top shelf against edmonton tonight (tues) we should rename the thread ranger castaways - we hardly knew thee.

riz 11-26-2003 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n8
malhotra scores top shelf against edmonton tonight (tues) we should rename the thread ranger castaways - we hardly knew thee.

And was named 1st star of the game btw. Oh well, I think I'll start a career in EHM:FE and bring back all the kids to NY somehow. Might need an editor for that since who in their right minds would reverse these trades we've been making :p

n8 11-26-2003 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riz
And was named 1st star of the game btw. Oh well, I think I'll start a career in EHM:FE and bring back all the kids to NY somehow. Might need an editor for that since who in their right minds would reverse these trades we've been making :p

that would be a great feature to include in the next version. have all the previous trades in a DB and have the option to turn back the clock. i was looking at some old trades and mccabe + bertuzzi + 3rd (j. ruutu) for linden caught my eye. ouch!

neely 11-26-2003 11:41 AM

you have EHM:FE???

Is this game out yet? I'm dying to check it out!

barrytrotzsneck 11-26-2003 10:09 PM

make that 17 points on the season :yo:

Son of Steinbrenner 11-27-2003 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
make that 17 points on the season :yo:

Big deal i would still take dunham over him. this was a great trade by sather. its all about value! you need to give something up to get something. not every trade is a steal. i understand it may be hard for some of you to understand that

barrytrotzsneck 11-27-2003 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jar jar links
Big deal i would still take dunham over him. this was a great trade by sather. its all about value! you need to give something up to get something. not every trade is a steal. i understand it may be hard for some of you to understand that

and i'd still take zidlicky ALONE for dunham, though rem and klooch sweetened the deal. all is well, then.

Kodiak 11-27-2003 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
and i'd still take zidlicky ALONE for dunham, though rem and klooch sweetened the deal. all is well, then.

How's Klooch been as of late? Last I heard, he was caught in a numbers game and was possibly going to be traded soon. I'd love to see him regain the form he had in his rookie year. Did he earn a regular spot?

barrytrotzsneck 11-27-2003 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodiak
How's Klooch been as of late? Last I heard, he was caught in a numbers game and was possibly going to be traded soon. I'd love to see him regain the form he had in his rookie year. Did he earn a regular spot?

he earned the spot in preseason, but it's been the same old story...his hits are so reckless that he gets hurt. never for LONG, mind you...but enough to make it annoying. with signing stan neckar(a move i really like, solid stay at homer for just over a million) we've now got a HUGE glut on our active roster for d-men, but the rumor is that arkhipov is going to be sent along with a d-man for a second line scorer, and of our extra guys, klooch is the only one with any real trade value. it will be interesting to see. it's been a shame, though. i was extremely excited when we got him, and it's been too bad it hasn't worked out.

Jovavic 11-27-2003 07:37 PM

BTW, Manny scored his second in three games with the Jackets on Weds. Nice wrister toward the end of the game, too bad it didn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. Great thing was that he didn't celebrate in the slightest, he just went back to the bench like he didn't score. Kid has a leveled head and has gotten around 11 to 14 minutes a game so far. He's played on the third line with Kent McDonnell and Lasse Pirjeta, certainly not the best linemates, but both are pretty big guys and the line forechecks like mad.

I've liked the kid the first time I saw him years ago, and I've always felt he got the shaft in both NYR and in Dallas. People put too much expectations on him early on and hopefully he can still become a quality NHL player.

#37-#93-#27* 11-27-2003 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Ozzie X
BTW, Manny scored his second in three games with the Jackets on Weds. Nice wrister toward the end of the game, too bad it didn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. Great thing was that he didn't celebrate in the slightest, he just went back to the bench like he didn't score. Kid has a leveled head and has gotten around 11 to 14 minutes a game so far. He's played on the third line with Kent McDonnell and Lasse Pirjeta, certainly not the best linemates, but both are pretty big guys and the line forechecks like mad.

I've liked the kid the first time I saw him years ago, and I've always felt he got the shaft in both NYR and in Dallas. People put too much expectations on him early on and hopefully he can still become a quality NHL player.

Good to hear, I hope he succeeds. He was ruined here.

Laches 11-28-2003 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
Good to hear, I hope he succeeds. He was ruined here.

Here's an article on Manny with some interesting quotes about him time here:

"You look at the guys who are young and who are leaders, guys like Vinny Lecavalier, Brad Richards, David Legwand, Dany Heatley,'' Malhotra said. "All these guys were in a perfect position. They got to play and to keep playing. I was sort of on the other end.

"I was on the fourth line, constantly thinking about making a mistake -- and if I made a mistake, it was the end of my night. I started playing whole games in one shift.

"That's impossible to do. The more you play, the more you are involved in the flow of things, the more things happen more naturally.''

http://libpub.dispatch.com/cgi-bin/d...41:8:113462:8:

barnaby63 11-28-2003 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laches
Here's an article on Manny with some interesting quotes about him time here:

"You look at the guys who are young and who are leaders, guys like Vinny Lecavalier, Brad Richards, David Legwand, Dany Heatley,'' Malhotra said. "All these guys were in a perfect position. They got to play and to keep playing. I was sort of on the other end.

"I was on the fourth line, constantly thinking about making a mistake -- and if I made a mistake, it was the end of my night. I started playing whole games in one shift.

"That's impossible to do. The more you play, the more you are involved in the flow of things, the more things happen more naturally.''

http://libpub.dispatch.com/cgi-bin/d...41:8:113462:8:

wasnt smith the GM who drafted him and had him in the NHL at 18? i think muckler and smith ruined him here, not sather.(if anyone was implying that)

Son of Steinbrenner 11-28-2003 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barnaby63
wasnt smith the GM who drafted him and had him in the NHL at 18? i think muckler and smith ruined him here, not sather.(if anyone was implying that)

yes smith did draft and "ruin" manny. he was rushed to the nhl and had no role. you will hear the lundmark argument that sather is ruining lundmark. its bs. sather had patience with lundmark. he gave him a YEAR in the AHL to develop. he didnt play well in the begining of last season and was sent down. The cries of Sather is ruining him were all over these boards. He came back up and looked decent not great but decent. this season he started with holik. (he has got play with holik) were the cries on this board he did and he was awful. but its manny all over again. i love the tanguy and heijduk argument. like we have a joe sakic to put lundmark with. lundmark has been given a fair shot and failed. manny wasnt given a fair shot was ruined before sather even came here and was traded to dallas were he looked outstanding and wasnt put on waivers. oh wait i think i have that backwards. nobody here gives sather credit for getting something back for manny. dallas put him on waivers.

i would love for lundmark to shut me up and play hard and smart every game. when lindros played with scott and ortmeiyer he helped make them look like better players. why cant lundmark have that role and make them look better? the fact is if lundmark led this team in minutes and the rangers were losing nobody would be happy. the rangers have looked pretty good lately and all anybody can talk about it lundmarks mintues. its so funny

nyr5186 11-28-2003 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jar jar links
yes smith did draft and "ruin" manny. he was rushed to the nhl and had no role. you will hear the lundmark argument that sather is ruining lundmark. its bs. sather had patience with lundmark. he gave him a YEAR in the AHL to develop. he didnt play well in the begining of last season and was sent down. The cries of Sather is ruining him were all over these boards. He came back up and looked decent not great but decent. this season he started with holik. (he has got play with holik) were the cries on this board he did and he was awful. but its manny all over again. i love the tanguy and heijduk argument. like we have a joe sakic to put lundmark with. lundmark has been given a fair shot and failed. manny wasnt given a fair shot was ruined before sather even came here and was traded to dallas were he looked outstanding and wasnt put on waivers. oh wait i think i have that backwards. nobody here gives sather credit for getting something back for manny. dallas put him on waivers.

i would love for lundmark to shut me up and play hard and smart every game. when lindros played with scott and ortmeiyer he helped make them look like better players. why cant lundmark have that role and make them look better? the fact is if lundmark led this team in minutes and the rangers were losing nobody would be happy. the rangers have looked pretty good lately and all anybody can talk about it lundmarks mintues. its so funny

I think this whole Lundmark debate can be pinned down to one thing. You think he was awful when given a chance here or there with Holik, and therefore doesnt deserve to be given anymore ice time because he looked out of place. I disagree. I think he showed alot of effort, he improved defensively (backchecking, etc.) and in the corners, and he showed flashes of his offensive ability. Plus I think Sather has placed much higher standards on him than say Hlavac or Rucinsky, who both struggled earlier but were not disciplined for it. And I realize that unless we both go back and study the tapes so I can prove that point (and perhaps you prove yours), I will never get you to change your mind; so its pointless going around in circles and arguing over the same thing to no avail every single day.

Laches 11-28-2003 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barnaby63

---The bulk of the blame probably goes to Smith/Muckler, but he wasn't really treated much better under Sather/Low. It was like he said, he'd make one mistake and not see the ice again for the rest of that game and perhaps several more. I think it came down to the fact the the Rangers under Sather and Dallas weren't interested in investing time in a project like Manny. Big forwards take time to develop, especially those who missed out on crucial development time. So if Manny is going to go anywhere, he needs to get playing time, take his lumps, and learn from his mistakes. The Rangers and Stars were too interested in immediate success to sacrifice short-term results for long-term gain. Columbus is taking a more long-term approach to building a team. Whether this particular move pays off for them or not remains to be seen.

One thing's for sure though, the Rangers haven't successfully developed one of their own in a long, long time, and that's not going to change if they don't improve the way they handle their prospects.

Brooklyn Ranger 11-28-2003 01:08 PM

Just to add to what Laches pointed out above: Malhotra had an excellent training camp the first year Sather and Low were in charge. Both mentioned it in the press. Then, as the season was starting they decided that they didn't want him to play center--where they had had him during the whole pre-season--and sent him down to Hartford to learn to play LW. When he came back up, his role was never defined and he was repeatedly switched between center and wing.

It's probably a good thing that Sather has "learned" from his mistakes--most of the players he's drafted here are not playing in Juniors, which means that when these prospects are finally ready to make the jump to professional hockey they will be a lot older than players who come out of Juniors.

riz 11-28-2003 05:09 PM

Open your wounds, here's some more salt :p

From the recap of Nashville-Boston game:
"Nashville's top two defensemen, Kimmo Timonen and Marek Zidlicky, have combined for 30 points this season, the best total by any pair of defensemen in the NHL." :handclap:

habitants9_4 11-29-2003 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riz
Open your wounds, here's some more salt :p

From the recap of Nashville-Boston game:
"Nashville's top two defensemen, Kimmo Timonen and Marek Zidlicky, have combined for 30 points this season, the best total by any pair of defensemen in the NHL." :handclap:

Don't forget Dan Cloutier!

nyr5186 11-29-2003 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habitants9_4
Don't forget Dan Cloutier!

http://www.cnnsi.com/hockey/2002/pla...tier_ap-01.jpg

The Nucks could keep him. :eek: