HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   OT + funny, baseless RUMOR: Theo to Boston! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=309606)

JackieChan 11-07-2006 06:43 PM

OT + funny, baseless RUMOR: Theo to Boston!

I was listening to CKAC on the way home, and Réjean "comme tel" called to chit-chat with the host Lajoie.

The question asked to the public was: which players are the most likely to be dealt in the near future? Now this dude (who calls 2-3 times a week) throws out that Jose Theodore was to be dealt to Boston for a mix of late picks, that the deal was pretty much done, but doesn't give anything else to ensure a minimum of credibility.

So, I guess it's probably ekl-ickely to happen (get it? ah I suck at humor)...anyway, imagine the Habs facing Theo for a possibility of 7 more times this season (including the december 12 game that I will attend to), the poor guy would live hell on earth...

Now that I think of it, the Bruins sure got a taste of Theo's medicine in 2002, it kinda makes sense...

Discuss..

OT: The caller, Réjean, said the expression "comme tel" 22 times during a 2-3 min intervention tonight, I started counting them every time he calls, always gets a laugh out of me.:dunce: The poor man can't seem to be able to build a sentence without dropping it!

Ginoro 11-07-2006 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieChan (Post 7022144)

OT: The caller, Réjean, said the expression "comme tel" 22 times during a 2-3 min intervention tonight, I started counting them every time he calls, always gets a laugh out of me.:dunce: The poor man can't seem to be able to build a sentence without dropping it!

Rofl, same :biglaugh:

JackieChan 11-07-2006 09:44 PM

So, 200+ views and 1 reply? I know people are tired of anything Theo-related but I see at least 5 threads a day that are less significant...

Topic closed, I guess!

Ape Clutch 11-07-2006 09:53 PM

lol there's not much to say...its just funny

and i don't want to deal with Theo again...as much as he can suck as much as he can be the best goaltender ever

and we all know that when he is on...

He IS

Whitesnake 11-07-2006 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieChan (Post 7024895)
So, 200+ views and 1 reply? I know people are tired of anything Theo-related but I see at least 5 threads a day that are less significant...

Topic closed, I guess!

'Cause this will not happen, Budaj ain't a #1 goalie, Avs are stuck with an up and down Theo all year. Case closed.

Souffle 11-07-2006 10:06 PM

As a fan, I kinda just want to turn the page on Theodore. I'm happy enough that he got dealt for something decent.

waffledave 11-07-2006 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanye West (Post 7025043)
lol there's not much to say...its just funny

and i don't want to deal with Theo again...as much as he can suck as much as he can be the best goaltender ever

and we all know that when he is on...

He IS

In other news he just let in 4 goals on 10 shots vs LA :biglaugh:

Marc the Habs Fan 11-07-2006 10:15 PM

Boston is probably the most capped out team in the league, in fact when they are eventually healthy they are projected to be over the cap, so there's no way they can get Theodore for picks only.

deandebean 11-07-2006 10:22 PM

Wow, Boston would really want to lose to the Habs again.

JMMR 11-07-2006 10:32 PM

If Theo got traded back to the division the Habs would win the Conference and the Bruins would finish 8th.
The habs would jump to a 3-0 serise lead shelling THEO 3 straight games but the following 4 games would go to overtime and the Bruins would win the series only to be beaten by the Hurricanes in the 2nd round.

24cups1team 11-07-2006 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 7025055)
'Cause this will not happen, Budaj ain't a #1 goalie, Avs are stuck with an up and down Theo all year. Case closed.

ya think so??? from what i've seen from budaj so far i think he can split the games with theo or even steal another position from theo :D

goalchenyuk 11-07-2006 11:42 PM

what kind of draft is going to be 2007 ? is there a Crosby kind of player ?

Colorado Avalanche 11-07-2006 11:56 PM

I like it. :yo:

Artie 11-08-2006 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMMR (Post 7025568)
If Theo got traded back to the division the Habs would win the Conference and the Bruins would finish 8th.
The habs would jump to a 3-0 serise lead shelling THEO 3 straight games but the following 4 games would go to overtime and the Bruins would win the series only to be beaten by the Hurricanes in the 2nd round.

Please, like that could ever happen to a team.....

Tuggy 11-08-2006 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche (Post 7026443)
I like it. :yo:

So you're off the Theodore bandwagon. :sarcasm:

Bender 11-08-2006 09:31 AM

Quote:

I was listening to CKAC on the way home, and Réjean "comme tel" called to chit-chat with the host Lajoie.

Sounds like this guy who calls the fan 590 all the time (Toronto). He's always saying "The fact of the matter is..." like 3 or 4 times a minute. It's really annoying. I call him "The fact of the matter is Alex"...

Pax Macioretty 11-08-2006 10:38 AM

man, i could just imagine JOHNNY V's face if that would of happend :biglaugh: He'd start eating vachon cakes like crazy!

Slick Nick 11-08-2006 10:51 AM

Quote:

The question asked to the public was: which players are the most likely to be dealt in the near future? Now this dude (who calls 2-3 times a week) throws out that Jose Theodore was to be dealt to Boston for a mix of late picks, that the deal was pretty much done, but doesn't give anything else to ensure a minimum of credibility.

So, I guess it's probably ekl-ickely to happen (get it? ah I suck at humor)...anyway, imagine the Habs facing Theo for a possibility of 7 more times this season (including the december 12 game that I will attend to), the poor guy would live hell on earth...

Now that I think of it, the Bruins sure got a taste of Theo's medicine in 2002, it kinda makes sense...

Discuss..

waaahahahahaa... I caught this guy twice, he drives me crazy with his ''comme tel''s... :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

then I go nuts and say comme tel every 5 words for an hour and my gf wants to kill me. :)

Ape Clutch 11-08-2006 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waffledave (Post 7025301)
In other news he just let in 4 goals on 10 shots vs LA :biglaugh:

lol i guess he's not on 2night:sarcasm:

JackieChan 11-08-2006 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan (Post 7025370)
Boston is probably the most capped out team in the league, in fact when they are eventually healthy they are projected to be over the cap, so there's no way they can get Theodore for picks only.

True, I didn't think about the money aspect, as he sure didn't when he (probably) made up that rumor. However, as funny as he sounds, the guy does knows a thing or two about hockey, his input is always meaningful and interesting, as opposed to the majority of the callers.

ChemiseBleuHonnete 11-08-2006 10:45 PM

That would be so nice if we played against him 8 games each year. Wow. Imagine, that's a boost of at least 32 goals for!