HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Sundin out for 4 weeks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=309830)

HomaridII 11-08-2006 11:10 AM

Sundin out for 4 weeks
 
He has a ligament tear in his shoulder..

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=183399&hubname=

JeromeHP 11-08-2006 11:11 AM

I smell a big win saturday night

phil666 11-08-2006 11:15 AM

big blow for the leafs

Guy Caballero 11-08-2006 11:17 AM

He's usually a quick healer, so I wouldn't expect him to be out 4 weeks.

Should give us some more breathing room on Saturday night, though. He always plays the Habs tough.

Prediction: Habs 5-3

JMMR 11-08-2006 11:19 AM

Wow good for the Habs terrible news for the Leafs.

Lots of big injuries this week.

HH 11-08-2006 11:19 AM

Back on an even playing field for Saturday's game then...Higgins and Sundin were the best so far for both teams so it will be interesting to see what will happen Saturday.

David_99 11-08-2006 11:22 AM

Jeez, both the best offensive players of both teams are gone for weeks. Should be a nice hard fought game on Saturday

White Snake* 11-08-2006 11:24 AM

At least it evens up for Saturday. I wonder if Belak will get more ice time.:sarcasm:

AH 11-08-2006 11:33 AM

Karma boys.

no gloating on other teams' injuries.

417 11-08-2006 11:34 AM

tough break for the Leafs...especially considering the way they've been playing lately.

Dynasty 11-08-2006 11:38 AM

Needless to say this is a huge loss for the Leafs. But their pain can only be our gain, especially considering that we have one of our top guns, in Higgins, out and also in light of the fact that they have been playing outstanding hockey as of late. They're the only team who've beaten Buffalo this year.:eek:

White Snake* 11-08-2006 11:40 AM

Yeah thats what I meant, tough break!

White Snake* 11-08-2006 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynasty (Post 7029664)
Needless to say this is a huge loss for the Leafs. But their pain can only be our gain, especially considering that we have one of our top guns, in Higgins, out and also in light of the fact that they have been playing outstanding hockey as of late. They're the only team who've beaten Buffalo this year.:eek:

Well If Buffalo plays they way they have in their last 2 games they will be losing alot more.:banana:

Dynasty 11-08-2006 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habs911 (Post 7029461)
Back on an even playing field for Saturday's game then...Higgins and Sundin were the best so far for both teams so it will be interesting to see what will happen Saturday.

Yeah, I think Saturday's game with Sundin in the lineup had the potential of being very embarrassing for us with Lats replacing Higgins on the first line.:eek:

Habs 4 Life 11-08-2006 11:43 AM

Dam I got him in most of my pools:banghead:

On a side note,too bad for the Laffs

Dynasty 11-08-2006 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Snake (Post 7029710)
Well If Buffalo plays they way they have in their last 2 games they will be losing alot more.:banana:


Well, I don't think it's case of Buffalo playing so bad as the fact that some teams, like the Leafs, have really elevated their game playing against the Sabres.

hototogisu 11-08-2006 11:52 AM

Forget the Leafs - huge loss for my fantasy team! Now I have Comrie AND Sundin on IR :cry:

White Snake* 11-08-2006 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynasty (Post 7029774)
Well, I don't think it's case of Buffalo playing so bad as the fact that some teams, like the Leafs, have really elevated their game playing against the Sabres.

Sabres have been soft in the last two and even the couple of games before that they were lowering their effort. Thats what happens when you are winning so much, you get cocky and the effort goes down. However in this league if you dont play 110% any team can beat you. EVEN THE LEAFS!

beowulf 11-08-2006 12:10 PM

Ouch as bad as losing Higgins here is, losing Sundin is even bigger for the leafs.

habfan4 11-08-2006 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AH (Post 7029606)
Karma boys.

no gloating on other teams' injuries.

Damn straight...

I'm no fan of the Leafs, but Sundin is a class act that can play on my team any day.

Speedy recovery Mats.

Marksman 11-08-2006 12:32 PM

Higgins Emery Afinogenov Sundin, everyone seems to be losing their best players in our division.:shakehead

zx81 11-08-2006 12:45 PM

Really good news for Saturday.
Sundin was excellent against us last game.

coolguy21415 11-08-2006 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marksman (Post 7030339)
Higgins Emery Afinogenov Sundin, everyone seems to be losing their best players in our division.:shakehead

Emery is hardly the best player on the Senators.

Penalty Killer 11-08-2006 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marksman (Post 7030339)
Higgins Emery Afinogenov Sundin, everyone seems to be losing their best players in our division.:shakehead

So, you're saying Boston should be losing Chara for a few weeks any day now. Sounds good to me. :)

ngc_5128 11-08-2006 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedScull (Post 7030531)
Emery is hardly the best player on the Senators.

You can't be watching many Sens games this season ;)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.