HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Higgins injury update (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=309846)

waffledave 11-08-2006 11:37 AM

Higgins injury update

Marinaro on 990 is talking about Higgins' injury and gave an update...

He says Higgins immediately started his rehab once the MRI results came back. It's a lower ankle sprain thankfully.

Here's the best part:

Higgins is planning to be back December 7th! He wants to play vs NYI and says he will do whatever it takes to be back for then. :yo:

Duff88 11-08-2006 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waffledave (Post 7029647)

He says Higgins immediately started his rehab once the MRI results came back. It's a lower ankle sprain thankfully.

Here's the best part:

Higgins is planning to be back December 7th! He wants to play vs NYI and says he will do whatever it takes to be back for then. :yo:

Good part: He'd be back quickly
Bad part: He could re-injure or come back before being ready by wanting to come back so quickly.

David_99 11-08-2006 11:40 AM

Higgins is the man

Marc the Habs Fan 11-08-2006 11:45 AM

Yeah and this was Marinaro talking with Higgins last night, straight from the horses mouth. Here are some other things that were said:

- Higgins just loves the game of hockey, watched tons of hockey as a kid, always checked the boxscores every morning. Knew every player in the NHL. Even today he watches lots of NHL games, especially West coast teams.

- On Latendresse, Higgins believes he is too good for junior right now. He was very happy to see Gui score his first last night. Believes Latendresse will work hard on his skating in the coming seasons.

White Snake* 11-08-2006 12:11 PM

HOw did Higgins learn to deal with the media so well. He is one bright fellow.

JMMR 11-08-2006 12:13 PM

He did go to Yale.

Habsfan18 11-08-2006 12:19 PM

Chris ****ing Higgins :bow:

The n00b King * 11-08-2006 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMMR (Post 7030123)
He did go to Yale.

he's a smarty pants

sheed36 11-08-2006 12:25 PM

Encouraging news.We need this guy back in our lineup ASAP.

Judge Sauer* 11-08-2006 12:29 PM

That's freakin' Bizarro awesome.

coolguy21415 11-08-2006 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMMR (Post 7030123)
He did go to Yale.

It's funny how if someone attends an Ivy league school (on a hockey scholarship, no less) they are automatically percieved a genius when in fact, Yale's undergraduate programs are really not much better academically than lots of schools. The real difference is the quality of facilities due to funding, and fees. If someone attended an Ivy league school for a graduate program, then they are definitely very intelligent.

I'm not saying that he's not smart, I'm just trying to dispel the false assumption that everyone who gets in to an Ivy-league school is the smartest person in the world. I know several people who were accepted (only one attended though), and they aren't really much smarter than most people.

Marksman 11-08-2006 01:34 PM

Getting him back Dec 7th would mean losing 14 games ... much better than the 20+ estimate.:handclap:

moshedw 11-08-2006 02:27 PM

awesome, im gonna be going to that game on the island, :yo:

Genghis Keon 11-08-2006 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedScull (Post 7030502)
It's funny how if someone attends an Ivy league school (on a hockey scholarship, no less) they are automatically percieved a genius when in fact, Yale's undergraduate programs are really not much better academically than lots of schools. The real difference is the quality of facilities due to funding, and fees. If someone attended an Ivy league school for a graduate program, then they are definitely very intelligent.

I agree, but I want to point out that Yale doesn't offer scholarships (neither athletic or academic)--all financial aid is need based at Yale, at least from what I gather--so Higgins got in the hard way.

madbox 11-08-2006 04:36 PM

Remember when Koivu came back earlier than he should have last season to play in Minny against Mikko? Sure that was the groin, but still. Like any Habs fan, I can't wait till he's ready. But I want him to be 100% ready.

LesHabsRock 11-08-2006 06:07 PM

One thing you can count on with Chris Higgins is his leadership and, perhaps one day taking over as captain of the Habs. He made a comment before the season started saying that he doesn't just want to be an average player, that he wants to be the best player on the ice every game and play a major factor in the outcome of the game. Something like that.

I thought to myself "Wow, this kid is going places with that attitude". Plus, he has backed up his comments with his play on the ice. He is a leader.

Evil Ted 11-08-2006 07:12 PM

I kinda hope he doesnt rush it, hes showed alot of promise a quality player like him will benifit us for years to come.

Rayne* 11-08-2006 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marksman (Post 7031015)
Getting him back Dec 7th would mean losing 14 games ... much better than the 20+ estimate.:handclap:

We're 1-0 without him so far.

And don't get me wrong, I love Higgins (2nd fav only to Koivu), but I don't think we'll suddenly hit a huge skid solely based on Higgins' injury.

Goldthorpe 11-08-2006 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ecliptica (Post 7034529)
And don't get me wrong, I love Higgins (2nd fav only to Koivu), but I don't think we'll suddenly hit a huge skid solely based on Higgins' injury.

I hope you're right, but remember Kovalev last year...

Demogod* 11-08-2006 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedScull (Post 7030502)

I'm not saying that he's not smart, I'm just trying to dispel the false assumption that everyone who gets in to an Ivy-league school is the smartest person in the world. I know several people who were accepted (only one attended though), and they aren't really much smarter than most people.

Your missing the point. While attending an Ivy you are exposed to the smartest people and expected to follow their rigor. Like training a rookie these kids are first round picks that have a choice not to join the best training program for whatever reason. Too bad they'll regret the choice.

The undergraduate programs are as different as the quality of their professors. Ivy professors have turned down working at "lots of schools" to get the best in the world.

There is a HUGE difference between the quality and purpose between them.

It's kind of like a poor person saying money doesn't matter while starving. It does.

Rayne* 11-08-2006 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldthorpe (Post 7034801)
I hope you're right, but remember Kovalev last year...

Didn't we have Koivu and Souray out at the same time though? :dunno:

Kingbobert 11-08-2006 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Snake (Post 7030099)
HOw did Higgins learn to deal with the media so well. He is one bright fellow.

comes with the territory of being hockey's jesus....cause koivu is god....

Mr. Hab 11-08-2006 11:34 PM

I just hope that Higgins doesn't come back too early...

"Higgins!!...Please come back a 100% healthy!" (even if it takes 5-6 weeks, it's better not to re-injure the ankle...).

If it were the playoffs, I'd say come back within 2-3 weeks, not 4-5-6 weeks;) .

No matter...get better Higgs!!

Physical HABuse 11-09-2006 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waffledave (Post 7029647)

Here's the best part:

That would be a great birthday present for me! ;)