HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Komi sitting tonight (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=30989)

habsfan11 11-25-2003 12:58 PM

Komi sitting tonight

http://www.rds.ca/cgi-bin/nouvelles?...n&sport=#91996

hes a healthy scrath

Andrei Kastsitsyn* 11-25-2003 12:58 PM

montreal 11-25-2003 01:02 PM

Big surprise there. Why call him up, he could have played tomorrow night, instead of sitting on his ass till Friday. At least we get to watch slow poke Dagenais, the soft slow Quintal, and the clueless Rivet instead.

Vicious 11-25-2003 01:11 PM

GREAT MOVE!!

Where are the people that were saying "Stop being so pessimistic, guys! I'm sure Komisarek will play!" ?

:|

Habsolution 11-25-2003 01:15 PM

Which begs the question : do they have a clue ?

We are gonna live and die with the youth !

So far so good

:shakehead

Munchausen 11-25-2003 01:17 PM

An other move that appears at 1st look boneheaded. If they didn't want to play him, they should have let him get quality ice time in the minors until they were ready to insert him in the lineup. Now he won't see any game action at least before Friday, if not longer.

habitants9_4 11-25-2003 01:17 PM

Geez, I was soo excited to see him play...

He's improved his passing, we NEED him out there. He will be an impact, and hopefully stay once he is given the chance.

He is physical!
Can pass, not confident enough to be a threat, but still makes some nice passes...tape to tape.
His shot is about average, but wrist shot is accurate as hell!

He needs to learn! Thats all!

Mike8 11-25-2003 01:25 PM

This is a fairly normal practice fellas. Bringing a rookie up to the NHL for a few days so they can travel with the team, see the preperation, training of the NHL, get to know some of the pro players and staff. It's part of developing a player to remind them what they're aiming for.

Komisarek will also get a chance to be a part of practices. This will give Julien a chance to give direct instructions to Komisarek on what needs to be improved, as well as give Komisarek a sense of what he needs to improve when comparing himself to NHL calibre players.

danboulie 11-25-2003 01:27 PM

Maybe, just maybe they are playing the other 3 RD to seal a deal involving one of them in a trade, or maybe we were just misinformed. It wouldn't be the first time I heard a bunch of **** about someone not playing, everybody being up in arms about it, then the players turns out not being scratched.
wait and see is all I have to say about this.

BLONG7 11-25-2003 01:27 PM

Quintal will sit, soon, and Komi will take his spot... and let's hope he never gives it back!

LPHabsFan 11-25-2003 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey_s_

Since mostly everybody here doesnt have the sense to trust someone who has built a championship team and always ***** about doing something they don't like, Ill throw something else out. Do you really want a rookie to be playing against one of the best lines in the NHL in Bert-Morrison-Naslund??

habitants9_4 11-25-2003 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LPHabsFan
Since mostly everybody here doesnt have the sense to trust someone who has built a championship team and always ***** about doing something they don't like, Ill throw something else out. Do you really want a rookie to be playing against one of the best lines in the NHL in Bert-Morrison-Naslund??

I completely trust Gainey as the Habs GM, I don't think Julien is doing the right thing to benefit the future. Its simple experience like this for Komisarek would be great, every little bit counts. We need a coach who thinks of the future, considering the fact that we basically have no now! I am not recomending we fire Julien, but more or less saying we should be playing our youth.

Playing against one of the best lines in hockey, would only benefit his future.

Habsolution 11-25-2003 01:35 PM

Quote:

We have home ice advatange, why should CJ throw Komisarek out there on every Bertuzzi's shift ? Duh ...

Anyway there are always good players out there, and every one of them are another reason to keep Komo from playing.

montreal 11-25-2003 01:39 PM

Quote:

And Rivet or Quintal are so much better? At least Komo would stop players from running at Theo. Rivet just gives them the dirty look, like that's supposed to do anything. In a game at Michigan, Komo tried to take a guys head off cause he tapped Komo's goalie after the play. I really hate seeing guys run Theo, and he has to be getting sick of it. But our defense does nothing. Markov pushed Cooke around, but that's not enough.

Habsaku 11-25-2003 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habitants9_4
I completely trust Gainey as the Habs GM, I don't think Julien is doing the right thing to benefit the future. Its simple experience like this for Komisarek would be great, every little bit counts. We need a coach who thinks of the future, considering the fact that we basically have no now! I am not recomending we fire Julien, but more or less saying we should be playing our youth.

Are you naïve enough to think Gainey doesn't have a say on who plays and who doesn't? If he wanted to see Komisarek, you'd see him on the lineup today. Everyone knows Julien loves to teach, and he ain't gonna teach 32 years old thats for sure.

mommyslittlemonster 11-25-2003 02:43 PM

Komo sitting

I know this is going to sound stupid put there is to much emphasis on winning and not enough on getting our top prospects quality ice time against good teams. I think it is a very stupid way 2 run a team.

Habs 11-25-2003 03:28 PM

You people ever think, that Gainey wants to keep a closer eye on him in Montreal, and use him from time to time?

Maybe Gainey isn't happy with his development in the AHL, and wants him closer to the big club.

If Komo is taking a step back this year in the AHL, it makes sense to keep him close... and keep him in line.

Jag68Sid87 11-25-2003 05:47 PM

Excuses, excuses. Meanwhile, the top defense prospect sits, the journeyman winger plays and Ribeiro is moved to LW in favor of Perreault.

Place aux jeunes, mon oeil.

habsfansam 11-25-2003 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habitants9_4

Playing against one of the best lines in hockey, would only benefit his future.

Odd... you trust Gainey implicitly, but not the man that he trusts (as he said in the press conference today).

CJ is juggling his vets pretty well, and is rewarding players who play hard and show up consistently... even Hossa sounded upbeat headed to the minors saying he had some things to work on and he'd get his stuff straight in the AHL and be back.

Playing Komi against Vancouver might not have been a bad idea, but who knows why he sat... we've been playing well, or equipment problems, or maybe he's just up to get some attention from Julien (since they worked together well last year).

Everyone agrees that youth is the future, but playing a bunch of 19-22 year olds who wouldn't have the best leaders isn't the way to develop confidence (see the many threads on the benefits of having 2vets and a youngster on a line). When we settle out who stays and who goes of the vets (at the trade deadline), then you will start to see some youth used a little at first, and more as icetime is earned.

Gainey RULZ 11-26-2003 11:18 AM

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/art...3,506424.shtml
Quote:

Gainey a aussi laissé entendre que le jeune défenseur Mike Komisarek a été rappelé de Hamilton pour évoluer sur une base régulière.

«Personnellement, je veux le voir jouer, mais il devra être meilleur qu'un des défenseurs ici. C'est ce que j'ai dit à Ron (Hainsey). Il avait bien commencé. Il était en compétition avec Francis Bouillon, mais c'est Francis qui l'a emporté.»
Don't panic.... Gainey wants to see Komi plays regularly...