HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   zednik (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=309969)

e-e 11-08-2006 04:50 PM

zednik

on caps boards under "Zednik with a broken wrist?"

there is a funny reply which says:

"he only keeps one hand on the stick anyways. Why does he need both wrists?"

i'm not happy that zendik is injured but reminds me his magic move with one hand...:D

anybody misses zednik?

sXe 11-08-2006 04:53 PM

Missing is a big word but he did play very well in the playoffs.. I liked Zed while he was here and I enjoy watching the Capitals this year.

AH 11-08-2006 04:56 PM

Seriously guys, enough with the laughing at other teams' injuries....It's just bad Karma. :help:

Rise from the Ashes 11-08-2006 04:57 PM

Zednik is a good player and that will hurt the caps

Team_Spirit 11-08-2006 05:03 PM

I think he was playing on the PP with Zubie on OV but wasen't producing much.

I trough he was already in the doghouse and not on the IR.

CareyPrice x 31 11-08-2006 05:09 PM

He was good in Montreal, the last season was disapointing, but before that he got the job done.

I dont miss him, but i enjoyed him as a Hab.

e-e 11-08-2006 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AH (Post 7033347)
Seriously guys, enough with the laughing at other teams' injuries....It's just bad Karma. :help:

don't get me wrong...i'm not laughing at injuries...what i found funny was the replay regarding his one-hand-move...i did like him as a hab few yeras back too

znk 11-08-2006 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e-e (Post 7033301)
on caps boards under "Zednik with a broken wrist?"

there is a funny reply which says:

i'm not happy that zendik is injured but reminds me his magic move with one hand...:D

anybody misses zednik?

I guess things didnt change lol.

hototogisu 11-08-2006 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e-e (Post 7033301)

:biglaugh:

I always liked Zednik but he'll never be the same after the McLaren hit, which is too bad because he has lots of talent. I was glad to see him get 2 goals the other day though.

znk 11-08-2006 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 7037352)
:biglaugh:

I always liked Zednik but he'll never be the same after the McLaren hit, which is too bad because he has lots of talent. I was glad to see him get 2 goals the other day though.

Why do people keep saying that. The following season was probably his best.:dunno:

hototogisu 11-08-2006 10:24 PM

I'm no psychiatrist or whatever, but how else can you explain Zednik's utter fear of cutting into the slot? It has to have come from the McLaren hit. It's not like he's playing the same way and getting less points - he altered his game for the worse.

ROCKZO 11-08-2006 10:29 PM

Zednik and that one handed drummer from Def Leppard ...

two amazing one handed talents

mad_hab'er 11-09-2006 01:44 AM

Zednik was a cool player with the Habs... consistantly inconsistant.

He was extremely streaky but the best part was, you could always tell what streak he was on.

He had too much of an ego to fight for his role in Montreal and he sort of became a distraction.

I still think he will hit 60 points in the NHL.

Unfortunately, Zednik joins Theodore, Ribeiro and Bulis as players that our championship brass decided had to go for this team to move forward.

lilooet* 11-09-2006 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by znk (Post 7037365)
Why do people keep saying that. The following season was probably his best.:dunno:

I think because, though his following season may have been fantastic, the playoffs - prior to McLaren's hit - was the best we had seen of him. Period. He actually drove to the net at that point in his career, instead of circling it.

JMMR 11-09-2006 02:17 PM

Too bad for the Caps and Zednik.
I always enjoyed him in Montreal and will never forget how big of a Monster he was in the playoffs. 8 points in 4 games against the Bruins before the Mclaren hit was just crazy