HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   the rat is revealed (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=31024)

MrPicard 11-25-2003 04:26 PM

the rat is revealed

My friend was renovating Mr. Rinfret's (CKAC) restaurant, a Mikes and he asked him who was the rat... remember the playoffs against Carolina...

the anwer is Joe Juneau... I wonder why he is still playing for montreal... :dunno:

Habs 11-25-2003 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPicard
My friend was renovating Mr. Rinfret's (CKAC) restaurant, a Mikes and he asked him who was the rat... remember the playoffs against Carolina...

the anwer is Joe Juneau... I wonder why he is still playing for montreal... :dunno:

I think your friend was installing a new liquor system, and worked a little too close to the booze.

Alexj4x* 11-25-2003 04:32 PM

Quote:

I'll have to agree with Habs on this one, you are obviously making this up to get some attention.....

Marchy79 11-25-2003 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexj4x
I'll have to agree with Habs on this one, you are obviously making this up to get some attention.....

I thought this was out already.... I have also heard the 'rat' (he was right, so I do not like calling him rat) was Joey Juneau.

Agalloch 11-25-2003 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost # 1
I thought this was out already.... I have also heard the 'rat' (he was right, so I do not like calling him rat) was Joey Juneau.

Why do they call him "rat" I don't remember... :dunno:

Prendan Brust 11-25-2003 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost # 1

What is this 'rat' story? Never heard about that...

Thanks

Marchy79 11-25-2003 04:47 PM

A couple of years back, when the habs were playing the Carolina Hurricanes in the Semi-Finals (play-offs) The habs were up 2-1 in the series, and up 3-1 in the game with just over 5 minutes to go... well, Therrien starts freaking on the bench on a blown call (way to hard) and got an extra 2 minutes... on the ensuing powerplay, they scored 2 goals... and in overtime, Cole iced it... Hurricanes tied the series (won 3 straight for the win as well)

When the press went in to the dressing room, to interview the habs, it was reported in the paper as an unnamed source that stated that if they wanted to see who lost them the game, he pointed at Therrien, and said it's his (expletive) fault right there.

Many people coined the snitch in the dressing room as a 'Rat' but he simply spoke the truth, and it DID destroy the run... as not only was Juneau noticeably pissed about it, as was Perrault, Audette, etc. etc.

But last summer, the idea of the rat from what I understood was solved after speaking of Therriens run... it was aforementioned somewhere on these boards (and all others) that Mr. Juneau was the man with the infamous "rat' quote.

tipping point 11-25-2003 04:49 PM

I've heard it was Juneau also...my "source" told me. Unfortunately for you guys i cannot reveal my source's name... ;)

Seriously though, I used to work at the Bell Center (no, not as a beer thie...hum, salesman)...and I was told it was Juneau.

Suiteness 11-25-2003 05:14 PM

The Rat was Brisebois, Blanchard said so in one of his articles.

During the 2002 Soccer World Cup, he wrote an article on Roy Keane, the captain of the Irish team who got sent home for telling his coach to litteraly ^&* off. The quote, if I rember correctly went like this :

'Dommage que le CH en avait pas fait de même lorsque Brisebois s' en ai pris a Michel Therrien lors de la série contre la Carolien. Oops.'

Kinda makes sense. Noticed Blanchard is ALWAYS after Brisebois. In fact Blanchard actually wrote an article bashing Gainey after he made his tirade against the Brisebois boo-birds.

Hab-a-maniac 11-25-2003 05:16 PM

No, they were up 3-0 with 13 minutes to go when Carolina scores. Then with about 5 minutes to go they got a 4-min PP and converted (after a 2 minute interval which would've killed it off if not for Therrien) then Cole scored with 33 secs left as the Canes pulled their goalie. That was more the players' faults but then Therrien sends Bill Lindsay out for a faceoff in OT which he cleanly loses, then a screen was set up for Niclas Wallin to score. Right then, I knew the series was over and I was so p!ssed when Cole tied it.

Prendan Brust 11-25-2003 05:28 PM

Yeah I remember now! This game was one of the most painful to watch in recent years... I also believe that Therrien screwed this one for us with his 'Slap shot' like attitude...

goalchenyuk 11-25-2003 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tipping point
I've heard it was Juneau also...my "source" told me. Unfortunately for you guys i cannot reveal my source's name... ;)

Seriously though, I used to work at the Bell Center (no, not as a beer thie...hum, salesman)...and I was told it was Juneau.

me to i 've heard it was Juneau ...

and his comment at the start of the season about the fact that the players were happy with Julien because he teach them a system , something that Therrien never have done ...

Nyclaus 11-25-2003 08:32 PM

Quote:

So.......

If Fraser made a bad call, you would forgive him....but if it's Juneau's??

Emotions is the keyword in playoff hockey. The way you handle them, the way you use them. Sometimes, random elements just get in the way which have a tendancy of blowing things outta proportion.

m2cents

Go Habs Go 11-25-2003 09:59 PM

Rat or not, the fool in the end was Therrien.

Mike8 11-25-2003 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go Habs Go
Rat or not, the fool in the end was Therrien.

Yeah, because the Habs are clearly a better team without him.

8b 11-25-2003 10:29 PM

Quote:

It has been said last year that it was Brisebois, maybe your friend is wrong (or maybe last year news was). Who cares about that anyway...

Anksun 11-26-2003 04:51 AM

That was all about Fraser doing his show more than Therrien mistake...

The players who goes after Therien in that one were wrong as every single coach in the nhl would have react in the exact same way at that time.

If you dont remember what happens... please be careful in your comments.

Marchy79 11-26-2003 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anksun
That was all about Fraser doing his show more than Therrien mistake...

The players who goes after Therien in that one were wrong as every single coach in the nhl would have react in the exact same way at that time.

If you dont remember what happens... please be careful in your comments.

I disagree with you... I just cannot see a seasoned coach a 'la Scotty Bowman complaining his way to a bench infraction, allowing a door to swing open for a comeback.. In fact, I can't see to many coaches reacting the way Therrien did.. Either way it was wrong on his part first and foremost... esp. considering it is the players that were winning the war, not him.

BLONG7 11-26-2003 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac
No, they were up 3-0 with 13 minutes to go when Carolina scores. Then with about 5 minutes to go they got a 4-min PP and converted (after a 2 minute interval which would've killed it off if not for Therrien) then Cole scored with 33 secs left as the Canes pulled their goalie. That was more the players' faults but then Therrien sends Bill Lindsay out for a faceoff in OT which he cleanly loses, then a screen was set up for Niclas Wallin to score. Right then, I knew the series was over and I was so p!ssed when Cole tied it.

Great re-cap, painful but bang on, Therrien and the players can share the blame... I can still see Lindsay losing that faceoff like a 9 yr old, and bang in the net! $hit! I think Habs fans were and still are in shock... we shoulda won the series and faced the Leafs!

Cosanostra 11-26-2003 05:11 AM

Matias Brunet from La Presse wrote a piece on Joe Juneau at the beginning of the season. He acknowledged that they weren't the best of friends but he confirmed that he wasn't the rat.

I still believe it's Audette.

Marchy79 11-26-2003 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosanostra
Matias Brunet from La Presse wrote a piece on Joe Juneau at the beginning of the season. He acknowledged that they weren't the best of friends but he confirmed that he wasn't the rat.

I still believe it's Audette.

Interesting.. :p I guess we'll never know for sure... I thought Juneau was the real deal when I heard he was revealed as the rat... :dunno:

Joe Cole 11-26-2003 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike8
Yeah, because the Habs are clearly a better team without him.

:lol:

Remember that photo where Juneau is mocking Therrien behind his back, in a practice..... it paints Juneau as not a member of the Therrien fan club.

Liking the coach or not, it doesn't stop you from putting forth a good effort every night.

mcphee 11-26-2003 06:16 AM

In protest, Juneau will only play on the perimeter, and venture near the opposition's net if he has proof that they have been sedated.

MrPicard 11-26-2003 06:33 AM

anyway, it may be Juneau, Brisebois or Audette, but the rat is still in the locker room and it must not be healthy...

Dutchy 11-26-2003 06:55 AM

Quote:

anyway, it may be Juneau, Brisebois or Audette, but the rat is still in the locker room and it must not be healthy...

I've read all 3 names in 3 different articles done by 3 different journalists all working for the same paper (La Presse).

I think that the mood in the locker room was sooooo bad after that loss that maybe the original rat gave birth to a couple more. It wouldn't surprise me if the three of them teamed up to kick Therrien out.