HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Please Stop The Rumor Mill (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=31041)

RE-HABS 11-25-2003 04:10 PM

Please Stop The Rumor Mill
 
CAN WE PLEASE STOP THESE THREADS ABOUT TRADES AND RELIABLE SOURCES ALREADY!!!

It is quite obvious that it is getting out of hand an that this board is getting bogged down with BS and nonsense talk.

Let's get back to talking Habs and hockey in general.

No more trade talk or rumors unless a link is available or a "Source" name or hockey/media position is listed, other wise don't list it.

What happened to all the evaluation, prospect or team talk? :(

MrPicard 11-25-2003 04:12 PM

agree

RE-HABS 11-25-2003 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPicard
agree

Thanks, I can't believe that our Mods (J-D, Saku K. & Patty Roy) are letting this all go on, they have to close some of these nonsense threads and clamp down on the BS some posters are shoveling on this board.

Habs4Life 11-25-2003 04:22 PM

I agree this is getting retarded

Gee Wally 11-25-2003 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Thanks, I can't believe that our Mods (J-D, Saku K. & Patty Roy) are letting this all go on, they have to close some of these nonsense threads and clamp down on the BS some posters are shoveling on this board.


they're not online right now.. I closed one other thread.

Some of you long time posters may want to PM them or Buffaloed.

In the mean time I'll swing on thru.

Oh, some of you know me and others don't.. but the next link I see here to a porn site will earn the poster a big time timeout..

wally

Bring_Bak_Damphousse 11-25-2003 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS
CAN WE PLEASE STOP THESE THREADS ABOUT TRADES AND RELIABLE SOURCES ALREADY!!!

It is quite obvious that it is getting out of hand an that this board is getting bogged down with BS and nonsense talk.

Let's get back to talking Habs and hockey in general.

No more trade talk or rumors unless a link is available or a "Source" name or hockey/media position is listed, other wise don't list it.

What happened to all the evaluation, prospect or team talk? :(

I agree with you 100%

At first it was great posting with people who had "inside sources" with the Habs. Now after a $hitload of these "my sources confirm there will be a trade tommorow" type threads and none of them coming true it`s getting alittle tiresome. First thing I do when I come on the board is scroll through the 3 or 4 our however many stickeys there are (which I have no problem with) than I`ve got to wade through another 4 or 5 bull$hit threads aswell. I wanna get back to some good ole fashion leaf bashing threads. :)

Nyclaus 11-25-2003 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gee Wally
they're not online right now.. I closed one other thread.

Some of you long time posters may want to PM them or Buffaloed.

In the mean time I'll swing on thru.

Oh, some of you know me and others don't.. but the next link I see here to a porn site will earn the poster a big time timeout..

wally

Gee... Wally, we all enjoyed that site (read girl) and, not to encourage any1 to perpetuate the mischief, it surely made MY day! :joker:

Anyhoo, we wouldn't be having this talk if it was an "all-adult-hockey-board"... :joker:

Keep it up! :bow:

Belarus Rocket 11-25-2003 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse
I agree with you 100%

At first it was great posting with people who had "inside sources" with the Habs. Now after a $hitload of these "my sources confirm there will be a trade tommorow" type threads and none of them coming true it`s getting alittle tiresome. First thing I do when I come on the board is scroll through the 3 or 4 our however many stickeys there are (which I have no problem with) than I`ve got to wade through another 4 or 5 bull$hit threads aswell. I wanna get back to some good ole fashion leaf bashing threads. :)

:yo: :yo: samthin here let BASh LEAF!!

RE-HABS 11-25-2003 06:39 PM

Thanks Gee Wally. ;)

Corey 11-25-2003 06:48 PM

These idiotic hot trade rumors threads remind me of streaking: Anything to draw attention to one's self. joepaco and company should go for a hike in the Arctic and lose their way permanently.

Bo 11-25-2003 06:54 PM

The team sucks, the prospects are mediocre, and management is half asleep, we have to talk (dream) about something.

Quit whining, don't read the threads if it bothers you so much.

Kerberos* 11-26-2003 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo
The team sucks, the prospects are mediocre, and management is half asleep, we have to talk (dream) about something.

Quit whining, don't read the threads if it bothers you so much.

You must be really popular with the opposite sex...

Bo 11-26-2003 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Good, Nice And Warm
You must be really popular with the opposite sex...

Not with the ******* on this board, apparently.

habsfansam 11-26-2003 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo
Not with the ******* on this board, apparently.

Gee, wonder why?

Of the 55 posts you currently have, i've yet to read one of them that brings anything creative, or constructive to this board.

Insulting isn't cute... grow up.

Mathieu Lavergne 11-27-2003 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo
Not with the ******* on this board, apparently.

I suggest you change your attitude because this kind of posting won't be accepted in the future and has no place on HFBoards.

Consider this as a first and final warning.

Darz 11-27-2003 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo
The team sucks, the prospects are mediocre, and management is half asleep, we have to talk (dream) about something.

Quit whining, don't read the threads if it bothers you so much.

Bo, give up your little act, it's getting old.

zurg999 11-27-2003 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saku K.
Consider this as a first and final warning.

:handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

Gee Wally 11-27-2003 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Thanks Gee Wally. ;)


no problemo...rivalries aside...I come here daily anyway because of the good hockey talk I've seen over the years and if I am asked or can help the very good Mods you folks have here.. I will.

later gang...

:-)

Medicine Twin 11-27-2003 05:42 PM

I really don't care either way. I don't usually get involved in trade rumour or trade suggestion conversations but I don't mind if others enjoy these topics. Let people talk about what they want, as long as it's hockey/Habs related.

The only problem I have is when someone post their idea or rumour as if it's actually happened in the title. THOSE THREADS SHOULD BE DELETED IMEDIATELY!!!

Not to steal someone elses sig, but...

That's my $.02

Joe Maximum 11-27-2003 08:49 PM

And to think that members of this board bragged about this one being the most active with the most topics and the most posts... ( I remember when we passed Boston in the number of posts, it was if as we had passed Boston in the standings )

With a 170 reply topic about an alleged trade going down ( reliable source )

and another 2-3 page topic about the spelling of kastitsyn

and 1/2 topics degenerating into 1v1 arguments not about hockey...


What the hell are we supposed to brag about????

Darz 11-28-2003 04:16 AM

Truthfully I don't understand why everyone gets so upset. 99.99% of hockey rumors are false regardless if they are reported by Bob McKenzie or posted on a message board by the team's photographer's neighbour's cousin.
To me it makes all for interesting talk and conversation, if it can be done in a calm and mature way.
I don't believe for one second that any poster that posted about an upcoming trade was TOTALLY fabricating the entire thing. There source might not of been totally realiable but so what. If the cousin of the neighbour to the team's photographer heard something, I would like to hear it. Will what he states actually happen? Probablely not, but so what.

Slats432 11-28-2003 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
Truthfully I don't understand why everyone gets so upset. 99.99% of hockey rumors are false regardless if they are reported by Bob McKenzie or posted on a message board by the team's photographer's neighbour's cousin.
To me it makes all for interesting talk and conversation, if it can be done in a calm and mature way.
I don't believe for one second that any poster that posted about an upcoming trade was TOTALLY fabricating the entire thing. There source might not of been totally realiable but so what. If the cousin of the neighbour to the team's photographer heard something, I would like to hear it. Will what he states actually happen? Probablely not, but so what.

But Darz, you and I both know the protocol for something like that. If it was unsubstantiated, then put proposal in the title.

If I had a buddy that worked for the Habs that said there was a ton of chatter about a big deal that would happen in a couple days...I would...

1. Post Title of Thread "Proposal Habs and Caps"

2. Post my rumour "I hear from a buddy in the Habs organization that a deal may go down."

3. Post a proposal to cover my butt "I think the Habs need a SUPERSTAR so I propose we give up Hainsey, Dykhuis and a 2nd for Jagr with them eating $15 million and figure the Caps would be ecstatic to move the contract"

Then all of a sudden when the deal doesn't go down...I don't look like an ass...no one hates me, and I still have a reputation.

Follow the rules and no one gets hurt.

Darz 11-28-2003 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slats432
Follow the rules and no one gets hurt.

Agreed, there might of been better ways to title the post, but to lynch a guy based on a post title is a little harsh.

With the title you suggested 'I hear from a buddy in the Habs organization that a deal may go down.' (which imo, would of been perfect) I still believe a bunch of posters would of had the same hissy fits.

Marchy79 11-28-2003 07:15 AM

I think it's kinda sad how people get so sad about a trade rumor that goes sour... JoePaco... if you're out there watching... believe me.. I don't got anything against you. For all we know it could have been discussed... Just not followed through that's all... Now every one wants no trade talks discussed??

If y'all dont want to listen or think about it... Dont read it. I don't understand what is so upsetting about this :dunno:
The guy was wrong, and he gets told off in every which way in the book... That's not right. I live too far away to hear any serious talks, but perhaps some one has told him something...

It's a discussion board... so discuss hockey. not political ways of how to post
:yo:

Dutchy 11-28-2003 07:20 AM

Yeah, I think most people don't hold a grudge against Joe Paco. I know I don't... Anyway, if you've got some other insiders rumours to tell us, please do. I didn't have this much fun on a forum for a while ;)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.