HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   General Fantasy Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Which players should I keep.... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=31086)

Bring_Bak_Damphousse 11-25-2003 06:40 PM

Which players should I keep....

It`s alittle early to be asking this but in my hockey pool (keeper league) I get to keep 10 out of 15 players. I was wondering out of this group of players who would you keep...or drop since the list will be shorter. It dosn`t matter which position. I need to drop 2 players from the list. Take age and potential into consideration. THANKS

1) Kovalev
2) Elias
3) Gaborik
4) Hossa
5) Heatley
6) Kovalchuck
7) Gonchar
8) Bouwmeester
9) Andrei Markov
10) Khabibulin
11) Nabokov
12) Tkachuck

downsouthockey 11-25-2003 07:58 PM

thats a toughy i might consider dropping elias and possibly (nabokov depending on your sit. at goal)

Titanium 11-26-2003 01:47 AM

Nabokov and either Kovalev or Elias!

Plan 9 11-26-2003 04:17 AM

Definite keepers would be: Kovalev, Gaborik, Hossa, Kovalchuk, Gonchar, Markov, Bouwmeester, Khabibulin.

From the remaining four, I would drop Elias and Nabokov.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse 11-26-2003 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koltsov71
Definite keepers would be: Kovalev, Gaborik, Hossa, Kovalchuk, Gonchar, Markov, Bouwmeester, Khabibulin.

From the remaining four, I would drop Elias and Nabokov.

I`m surprised everyone would drop Elias...he`s almost scoring at a point per game pace this year. If only he played for a team like the Avs. The guys I was thinking of possibly dropping were Elias, Kovalev, Markov, Nabokov....possibly Tkachuck (suspensions Injuries etc) All 4 of those players are extremely talented tho and it would hurt to drop any of them. Especially when they`ll no doubt explode offensively next year. But it`s still early so I guess we`ll see what happens.

Thanks for the replys

Skylab 11-26-2003 06:48 PM

My gut reaction was Markov and Kovalev
I'm tempted to say Nabokov but that would only leave you with one goalie.
If I were you, I'd try to package one of the guys you're iffy on with Nabokov for an upgrade in net (towards the end of your season if you can)

Bring_Bak_Damphousse 11-26-2003 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab
My gut reaction was Markov and Kovalev
I'm tempted to say Nabokov but that would only leave you with one goalie.
If I were you, I'd try to package one of the guys you're iffy on with Nabokov for an upgrade in net (towards the end of your season if you can)

That would probably be my plan...there`s no way I`d want to just drop players like Kovalev or Nabokov...most would be traded away for picks and prospects. I had the same problem with Brad Richards last year and ended up trading him for some good picks.