HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   go for the win (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=31186)

Calnes 11-26-2003 05:41 AM

go for the win

can anyone tell me why conklin stayed in the net with 16 secs left in OT? i nearly busted my tv when i seen us send four guys out there for an offensive zone faceoff. just to upset me, the draw was won straight back, and down the ice. nothing we can do about it now, but we come back in the third, the point was a gift, why not go for the kill???

dawgbone 11-26-2003 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnbowski
can anyone tell me why conklin stayed in the net with 16 secs left in OT? i nearly busted my tv when i seen us send four guys out there for an offensive zone faceoff. just to upset me, the draw was won straight back, and down the ice. nothing we can do about it now, but we come back in the third, the point was a gift, why not go for the kill???

You do realize that if you give up an empty net goal in OT, you don't get the OT loss point?

You do that at the end of the season in a desparation move to either make the playoffs, or maybe try and move a seed higher.

Mr Sakich 11-26-2003 05:46 AM

Just before the first year of ot in the nhl, this rule was put in because Roger Neilson found this loophole. He said he would be pulling his goalie in non-conference games.

dawgbone 11-26-2003 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Sakich
Just before the first year of ot in the nhl, this rule was put in because Roger Neilson found this loophole. He said he would be pulling his goalie in non-conference games.

Good ol' Rog...

I swear the man wrote every rule in hockey, and knew how to get around all of them!!!

momentai 11-26-2003 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawgbone
Good ol' Rog...

I swear the man wrote every rule in hockey, and knew how to get around all of them!!!

LOL. Wasn't it him who told his players to keep taking penalties in the final minute to wind the clock down to 0 so the other team wouldn't get a legitimate chance to tie the game?

Yanner39 11-26-2003 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momentai
LOL. Wasn't it him who told his players to keep taking penalties in the final minute to wind the clock down to 0 so the other team wouldn't get a legitimate chance to tie the game?

Or put a goon defenseman in net when the other team was taking a penalty shot. The d-amn would charge the player as he was approaching the net. Classic.

Calnes 11-26-2003 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
Or put a goon defenseman in net when the other team was taking a penalty shot. The d-amn would charge the player as he was approaching the net. Classic.

I would love to have seen that

You do realize that if you give up an empty net goal in OT, you don't get the OT loss point?

no, no i did not, makes sense tho. i still would have considered it :dunno:

Marconius 11-26-2003 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawgbone

You do that at the end of the season in a desparation move to either make the playoffs, or maybe try and move a seed higher.

Really? Thats the first I've heard of that. Anyone know why that is?

EDIT: Never mind, I just finished reading the thread.