HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Mathieu Carle (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=311952)

hab 11-15-2006 02:07 PM

Mathieu Carle

this guy is putting up big points for a d man(even for the Q) 20gp... 30 points

anyone know if he is good in his own zone and physical, or is it all offence.....thanks:)

Habsfan18 11-15-2006 02:10 PM

at this point and time, Maxwell, Carle and White are all looking like potential steals :clap:

turnbuckle* 11-15-2006 02:15 PM

He's not huge by today's defenceman standards, so one wouldn't expect him to be overly physical at the next level. His defence has come a long way though.

Scouts always saw the potential, but were worried about his work ethic. Such has not been the case this season, and a couple of scouts I've talked to this season noted that he has impressed them with his overall play. Looking like a solid second round choice.

Freaky Habs Fan 11-15-2006 02:37 PM

Can he become the type of defenceman that Markov is? He will most likely never be close to Markov, but he will just be good offensively and be in the right position on defence, but will never be really physical?

FrankMTL 11-18-2006 10:02 PM

Mathieu Carle....Potential Future Power Play Quarterback??

Hey Guys,

Mathieu Carle is presently ripping it up. He got another 2 goals and 2 assists tonight. This gives him 7G 28A for 35 points in 22 games. We all knew he had pretty good offensive potential, some of us heard stories about him being lazy etc. But I was very impressed by him at the rookie camp in Pierrefonds...he looked fantastic. Great speed and hockey sense...these stats are quite good too considering Ivan Vishnevsky (first round, 27th overall in 2006 draft) only has 16 points in 19 games.

Do you think he can be a top 4 D power play QB in the future??

TheHoser 11-18-2006 10:45 PM

Well, he's running away with defenseman scoring in the Q right now, and I've heard a lot of good things about his offensive abilities and skating... if he could reign himself in in the defensive zone he might be the next Matt Carle:sarcasm:

montreal 11-18-2006 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harold_Snepps_Rocks (Post 7106472)
Hey Guys,

Mathieu Carle is presently ripping it up. He got another 2 goals and 2 assists tonight. This gives him 7G 28A for 35 points in 22 games. We all knew he had pretty good offensive potential, some of us heard stories about him being lazy etc. But I was very impressed by him at the rookie camp in Pierrefonds...he looked fantastic. Great speed and hockey sense...these stats are quite good too considering Ivan Vishnevsky (first round, 27th overall in 2006 draft) only has 16 points in 19 games.

Do you think he can be a top 4 D power play QB in the future??

Lets see what he does in Hamilton next year. He's going to put up huge numbers this year, but then again he put up big time numbers last year (69 pts) It helps playing against both st john teams. Really good puck mover, which we sorely need more of.

I look forward to what we see from our top 4 D prospects in Emelin, Fischer, O'Byrne and Carle. The problem is 3 of them are RD's but Fischer could be a long ways away and they are mostly still very young. 18, 19, 20 and O'B as the old man at 22.

Habruti! 11-19-2006 10:22 PM

This is the greatest news of last draft....

Mathieu Carle IMO will be the steal of this draft. I realy like what I saw last training camp and I believe he can turn into our next version of Eric Desjardins. Certainly we will have good depth at defense two years from now (assuming Souray will be gone)... Komisarek, Rivet, Dandenault, Obyrne, Fisher, Carle on the right. Markov, Bouillon, Streit, Emelin on the left.

Not sure what will happen with Rivet, Markov and Souray next year. My hopes are that Markov will stay and frankly I would be willing to live with the following...

Markov, Komisarek
Steit, Rivet
Bouillon, Dandenault
Emelin

canadian_man_44 11-19-2006 11:19 PM

Since I live in Bathurst where the Titan play, I have had the chance to watch Matthieu Carle in action quite a bit. The question has been asked about a comparison to Markov. Maybe. He could also be compared to Souray. He's a guy that will put up a lot of points. On the other hand he's very good defensively. He doesn't panic with the puck and he's tough in the corners. He can throw the big hits when he needs to. I would say a season in Hamilton with some time in Montreal as a fill in for any injured defenseman and he would be ready to go full time the following year.

NewHabsEra* 11-19-2006 11:28 PM

first in scoring among defenmen with 35 pts.. only 22 games played... +15 :clap:

I hope he has some consideration for the next WJC.