HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Nashville signs Stan Neckar (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=31237)

Seachd 11-26-2003 08:35 AM

Nashville signs Stan Neckar

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp...63&hubName=nhl

Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere. I didn't see it.

Team_Spirit 11-26-2003 09:19 AM

Yeah , it's sad for Brookbank ... i like this player a lot .

Davisian 11-26-2003 09:26 AM

Nashville loves them former Rangers don't they???

Can't blame 'em, seems to work out..

eazye 11-26-2003 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
Yeah , it's sad for Brookbank ... i like this player a lot .

Is Nashville sending Brookbank down...and if he is does he have to clear waivers? If he does, I bet you John Muckler will get first crack at him and pick him back up. I'm not sure who you expose on the roster (Hnidy or Van Allen?) but Muckler was terribly disappointed when Brookbank was pick up by Nashville.

darth5 11-26-2003 09:40 AM

The answers are: Yes, Brookbank would have to clear waivers, and I am sure Poile is aware that at least Muckler, if nobody else, would pick him up.

We are not sure what is up-- maybe there is some trade brewing-- it is very fishy for us to sign a vet d-man right now...

Radulov for Czar* 11-26-2003 09:52 AM

I'm hoping that this means we can get rid of Allison and maybe trade Kloucek or York.

Brock 11-26-2003 10:10 AM

Good Pick up IMO

Neckar was a very solid defenseman for the Lightning last year and I was suprised no one had picked him up earlier.

triggrman 11-26-2003 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonesey
I'm hoping that this means we can get rid of Allison and maybe trade Kloucek or York.

I'm betting Allison is gone, I don't see this effecting Brookbank, he's an enforcer, as far as I know Neckar isn't.

Sammy* 11-26-2003 10:24 AM

Maybe wecan get the Legwand & Kloucek for Comrie + speculation cranked up again.

You're Retarded 11-26-2003 10:28 AM

If Brookbank goes on waivers, expect McPhee to pick him up. I know he wanted to originally but Nashville beat him to it. Plus it would be another Grand Rapid Griffin to add to our roster :shakehead

barrytrotzsneck 11-26-2003 10:43 AM

i like the signing....nets-kash is a solid stay at homer, which is something we lack right now...but it makes me worry about the roster situation. one week...we can't decide which of three to keep...and the next...it's none of them, we bring in a new guy? like someone said earlier, i have to wonder what's about to go down in nashville.

Sotnos 11-26-2003 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
I'm betting Allison is gone, I don't see this effecting Brookbank, he's an enforcer, as far as I know Neckar isn't.

No, he certainly isn't! He has his fair share of brain farts, but always gives 100% out there. After letting Jagr dance around him in the playoffs, most Bolts fans had pretty much had it with him. :)

However, from what I could gather this summer, the problem wasn't with Stan, but was more with:
1-the $1.2-$1.3 qualifying offer (can't remember, but it was around there) Mr. Nets-cash is a 3rd pairing/7th Dman type, and he wasn't worth that much. Pratt wasn't qualified either and ended up signing back here anyway for less than he had made last year. I think Feaster would have taken either back (although my money was on Neckar) and Pratt caved in first.
2-Stan's agent, Rich Winter. After problems two years in a row with Winter re: Prospal's contracts, Feaster said publically he'd never deal with the guy again.

I'd assume at this point Neckar was more than willing to take less money, I'm curious how much the contract is for. I figured someone would pick him up eventually.