HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What would it take... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=31289)

south-sentral 11-26-2003 10:41 AM

What would it take...

To pry off Cole from Carolina...Would Bonk and Schastlivy be fair.

To Carolina: Bonk, Schastlivy

To Ottawa: Cole, and a 2nd

Ottawa is really lacking that strong LW presence and Cole would fit in perfectly.

Ajacied 11-26-2003 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by south-sentral
To pry off Cole from Carolina...Would Bonk and Schastlivy be fair.

To Carolina: Bonk, Schastlivy

To Ottawa: Cole, and a 2nd

Ottawa is really lacking that strong LW presence and Cole would fit in perfectly.

That's overpaying to an extreme high degree..

I do feel you need to overpay to land Cole however, but not by that much. Maybe Petr Schastlivy and Karel Rachunek for Eric Cole and Sean Hill? You overpay a bit, but this is what it would take IMO.

south-sentral 11-26-2003 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modano = God

I do feel you need to overpay to land Cole however, but not by that much. Maybe Petr Schastlivy and Karel Rachunek for Eric Cole and Sean Hill? You overpay a bit, but this is what it would take IMO.

I think Racoon is a solid defenseman. But you have to give to get. I'll do that trade.

Developing powerfowards dont grow on trees, to get a player like Cole would be costly.

Beukeboom Fan 11-26-2003 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modano = God

What in the hell are you talking about? Eric Cole is leading his team in scoring, makes reasonable $'s, and is the type of player that every team would love to have. 80% of Bonk's scoring comes on the PP, and he makes $3.2M per year. While Bonk is a solid defensive player who can contribute offensively, but if I'm Rutherford, I don't trade Cole for Bonk straight up.

I'm not sure if I'm CAR that I'd move my 2nd rounder for Schastlivy. He's moving into the "suspect" range IMO. He might break out and become a decent scoring line player, but he's 24 and not exactly setting the world on fire right now.

Ajacied 11-26-2003 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan
What in the hell are you talking about? Eric Cole is leading his team in scoring, makes reasonable $'s, and is the type of player that every team would love to have. 80% of Bonk's scoring comes on the PP, and he makes $3.2M per year. While Bonk is a solid defensive player who can contribute offensively, but if I'm Rutherford, I don't trade Cole for Bonk straight up.

I'm not sure if I'm CAR that I'd move my 2nd rounder for Schastlivy. He's moving into the "suspect" range IMO. He might break out and become a decent scoring line player, but he's 24 and not exactly setting the world on fire right now.

He's 25 (only 2 years younger) and thus somewhat unproven. I'd hesitate to put him on the top line of a perenial Cup contender.

He has 15 points in 20 games, while Bonk is averaging a ppg. I couldn't care less whether he racks most of his fair share of points on the PP or on even strenght as Cole's getting plenty of PP time on his own.

I easily prefer the young, proven commodity who has shown to be superior offensively and defensively in comparison to a "could be" powerforward. Much less when you add in that I wouldn't trust heading into a much promessing playoffs with a rookie like Spezza as your first line center.

I'd never do that, but I guess it's probably just my hockeyknowledge in general which could never compare to yours.