HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   WJC's (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=313692)

montreal 11-21-2006 12:22 AM

WJC's
 
Only a month away from my favorite hockey tournament. Should be interesting to see what Hab prospects will be there. Price, Maxwell, Kostitsyn, Mikus, Valentenko I think will all be there. I don't know if White or Carle will get an invite to the final camp, the roster comes out december 4th but it would be good for them just to get the invite.

David Fischer should get some consideration for Team USA but they have some good depth on defense, especially with the two Johnson's.

Canada will face USA, Germany, Slovakia and Sweden in the first round. I hope we get to see Russia on tv as I hear Valentenko has a really good shot of making the team. Too bad we got Germany instead of Belarus, since we drafted Andrei I've become a huge fan of Belarus! :yo: :hockey:

The Saurus 11-21-2006 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal (Post 7126215)
Only a month away from my favorite hockey tournament. Should be interesting to see what Hab prospects will be there. Price, Maxwell, Kostitsyn, Mikus, Valentenko I think will all be there. I don't know if White or Carle will get an invite to the final camp, the roster comes out december 4th but it would be good for them just to get the invite.

David Fischer should get some consideration for Team USA but they have some good depth on defense, especially with the two Johnson's.

Canada will face USA, Germany, Slovakia and Sweden in the first round. I hope we get to see Russia on tv as I hear Valentenko has a really good shot of making the team. Too bad we got Germany instead of Belarus, since we drafted Andrei I've become a huge fan of Belarus! :yo: :hockey:

The WJC is my favourite hockey of the year.

For a lot of the kids going out that aren't projected to be NHL players, it's going to be their last big stage event in their careers.

BTW, I've watched the WJC for 10 or 11 years straight. Anyone notice that the level of intensity for the Canadian players has dropped a bit in modern WJC tournament in comparison to say, 9 or 10 years ago? The goal celebrations following a goal in 1995 or 1996 (could have been '96 or '97, can't quite remember) were something to watch.

JeromeHP 11-21-2006 12:58 AM

Players celebration for team canada: will never forget at the 2002 wjc , scott upshall scored and went crazy and jump in the board and loss his stick in the stands that was priceless

Blind Gardien 11-21-2006 11:10 AM

Judging by the depth Canada has to choose from, I'd have to think it would be a shocker if White or Carle even got invited to camp. :dunno: As for Maxwell... well, he might be our best non-Price hope to get an invite, but even still, it doesn't seem like very many folks are thinking of him as having much chance of being on the team. Next year might be more likely for both him and White (and Fischer too)...

Team_Spirit 11-21-2006 11:30 AM

It's in Sweden this year, so get ready to sleep late or get up early!

My favourite hockeys memorys after the 93 cup were watching the Wjc live @ 4am.

http://www.worldjuniors2007.com/index_eng.htm

Lestriker 11-21-2006 11:33 AM

Yeah hopefully Price will be the starter. He's having a decent year being top 10 in all categories (except shutouts) in Tri-City but nothing stellar either.

beowulf 11-21-2006 11:41 AM

Always fun to watch!!!

gusfring 11-21-2006 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan Walter (Post 7128430)
Yeah hopefully Price will be the starter. He's having a decent year being top 10 in all categories (except shutouts) in Tri-City but nothing stellar either.

My prediction is that he doesn't make the team. I think his "attitude" issue from last year remains a problem.

beowulf 11-21-2006 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nittany (Post 7128538)
My prediction is that he doesn't make the team. I think his "attitude" issue from last year remains a problem.

Which is? I have not heard about it.

Whitesnake 11-21-2006 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nittany (Post 7128538)
My prediction is that he doesn't make the team. I think his "attitude" issue from last year remains a problem.

Though I don't think the attitude will have anything to do with that, his recent play makes me think Irving will be the starter, and Price will have to work hard to grab the backup spot. He's far from having a good stretch nowadays unfortunately....

terreur 11-21-2006 11:59 AM

My favorite hockey of the year!

Mike8 11-21-2006 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team_Spirit (Post 7128411)
It's in Sweden this year, so get ready to sleep late or get up early!

Sleep late because it's in Sweden...? The broadcasts will normally be anywhere between 10am-2pm, in all likelyhood, and will certainly be replayed in prime time.

The Saurus 11-21-2006 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nittany (Post 7128538)
My prediction is that he doesn't make the team. I think his "attitude" issue from last year remains a problem.

There is no attitude problems. The only reason the attitude problem theory arose was because he didn't show up at an optional skate last year. Maybe he was feeling under the weather and felt a day of rest would be beneficial to his game.

He doesn't have any attitude problems.

BTW, does anyone know who will be coaching Canada this year? Is it Sutter?

gusfring 11-21-2006 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitso (Post 7130511)
There is no attitude problems. The only reason the attitude problem theory arose was because he didn't show up at an optional skate last year. Maybe he was feeling under the weather and felt a day of rest would be beneficial to his game.

He doesn't have any attitude problems.

BTW, does anyone know who will be coaching Canada this year? Is it Sutter?

Absolutely it was. It was largely reported that he told Sutter that he doesn't skate on gamedays when he's scheduled to play.

Sutter than apprarently said "That's not how we work on this team, bye".

Blind Gardien 11-21-2006 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitso (Post 7130511)
BTW, does anyone know who will be coaching Canada this year? Is it Sutter?

Craig Hartsburg. At least there is a bit of cleaning of the slate relative to the Price/Sutter track record, but I don't much doubt that nobody will forget last year for Price. He'll definitely need to be on his bestest behaviour, because if it comes down to choosing between equals, he has that one tiny historic glitch that others don't. (And it doesn't matter one iota if it was a "fair" glitch or not).

Kafka 11-21-2006 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal (Post 7126215)
Only a month away from my favorite hockey tournament. Should be interesting to see what Hab prospects will be there. Price, Maxwell, Kostitsyn, Mikus, Valentenko I think will all be there. I don't know if White or Carle will get an invite to the final camp, the roster comes out december 4th but it would be good for them just to get the invite.

David Fischer should get some consideration for Team USA but they have some good depth on defense, especially with the two Johnson's.

Canada will face USA, Germany, Slovakia and Sweden in the first round. I hope we get to see Russia on tv as I hear Valentenko has a really good shot of making the team. Too bad we got Germany instead of Belarus, since we drafted Andrei I've become a huge fan of Belarus! :yo: :hockey:

White could be there, but I highly doubt Carle could make it...... even Franson isn't sure to be there, so......

Team_Spirit 11-21-2006 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike8 (Post 7128818)
Sleep late because it's in Sweden...? The broadcasts will normally be anywhere between 10am-2pm, in all likelyhood, and will certainly be replayed in prime time.

Ill watch Canada's games live , most game are 19h/19h30 local time minus the Slovakia tilt on December 31 wich ill miss anyway. The broadcast you talk about are re-runs. So yes ill go the bed late or get up early for the games. Do as you wish.

Mike8 11-21-2006 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team_Spirit (Post 7131141)
Ill watch Canada's games live , most game are 19h/19h30 local time minus the Slovakia tilt on December 31 wich ill miss anyway. The broadcast you talk about are re-runs. So yes ill go the bed late or get up early for the games. Do as you wish.

Not that it's a big deal, but this doesn't make sense. Sweden is 6-7 hours ahead of us (I forget which exactly), so since games will start either at 4pm or 7pm usually, the games will be at 10am-2pm in our timezone. So you shouldn't be staying up at all. These are not the re-runs.

habsprospects 11-21-2006 05:34 PM

Canada will mostly play at 1:00-1:30 PM ET,

anyway, I don't have school during the WJC, so the time doesn't bother me at all

Galchenyuk x 27 11-21-2006 06:46 PM

Round Robin team CANADA games in eastern time:

December 26 vs Sweden: 12:30 PM
December 27 vs USA: 1:00 PM
December 29 vs Germany: 12:30 PM
December 31 vs Slovakia: 6:30 AM

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature/?fid=4124



I cant wait for the tourney, love the emotion that the players put into each game. It's great hockey to watch over the holidays.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.