HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Unlikely rumour on TEAM 1200: Forsberg for Abby, Samsonov and pick (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=313948)

KnuklZ 11-21-2006 06:35 PM

Unlikely rumour on TEAM 1200: Forsberg for Abby, Samsonov and pick
 
Someone called into TEAM 1200 around 4:30pm today when they were talking about rumours of Forsberg being moved within next 24-48 hours. This caller indicated that he had heard of the following trade proposal:

To MTL: Forsberg

To Phi: Abby, Samsonov and pick

Again, this is only some guy calling into a radio station. Any opinions as to if this would be something the Habs should do. There are various things to consider:

- Trading a UFA (Sammy) that just signed is not good way of attracting future UFAs
- if we trade Abby, who will be our backup
- Forsberg makes 5.75 mill (cap hit @ 75% would be just shy of 4 mill).
- We will have the most injury prone 1-2 punch at Center in the league (Koivue/Forsberg) :)

Opinions?

Shabutie 11-21-2006 06:37 PM

Not very believable, but I think everyone on these forums would agree that we'd make that deal.

CareyPrice x 31 11-21-2006 06:38 PM

put ur radio on team 990 in 10 minutes..

im gonna call in and make up some ridiculous trade and say someone told me about it, then you can come back here and post that one too.

montreal 11-21-2006 06:42 PM

The rumor was Samsonov, Abby and a defensemen for Forsberg and Calder. This rumor was posted on spectors with a source but then it was removed from the site. They said philly wanted Markov but we were offering Ninny. Also Spector had a note saying that the Habs tried to trade for Calder last year in a deal involving Ribeiro but it fell through.

None of this comes from me, all from Spectors.

greatlakeshab 11-21-2006 06:45 PM

This is a great deal. We have Forsberg and Koivu as 1 and 2. Samso is not working out to well as long as the Dman is not Komo or Markov.

Artyukhin* 11-21-2006 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal (Post 7132880)
The rumor was Samsonov, Abby and a defensemen for Forsberg and Calder. This rumor was posted on spectors with a source but then it was removed from the site. They said philly wanted Markov but we were offering Ninny. Also Spector had a note saying that the Habs tried to trade for Calder last year in a deal involving Ribeiro but it fell through.

None of this comes from me, all from Spectors.


yup this is what was posted on Spectors and was taken down . anyone here read the Journal de Montreal this morning ?






SPECTOR'S MAILBAG

David Ettedgui sends in the following: "Big news in the Journal de Montreal this morning,Paul Holmgren responded in a late interview by Yvon Pedneault, That if everything goes find we should announce a major trade in the next few days, the rumor has two big possibilities,first one involving the Montreal Canadiens ,the names involved are,
going to Montreal ,Peter Forsberg and Kyle Calder,the first one wich will be a ufa and the secound wich have realy decieved with a low 3 assist in 17 games,it appears the lack of scoring from the secound line is to much of a concern for Guy Carboneau.also the Canadiens tried last season to get Calder via a trade for Ribeiro but it never finalized,in return the Flyers would get young veterant Sergei Samsonov ,David Abiesher and a blueliner to be confirmed,with the return of Francis bouillon and Mathieu Dandenault the Canadiens are left with 9 d starters and it seem s that they have made up their mind about Huet being their number 1 keeper.This trade should have never happened this early in the season but all the element s are making it possible.
The other possibilitie is coming from San Jose with Forsberg and d man Denis Gauthier for Evgeni Nobokov and a secound round pick in the 2007 draft. The first rumor from Montreal would fit right in with the salary cap as Forsberg and Calder 4.8 million left to be paid out versus 1.2 left Abiesher 2.3 on Samsonov and 1.5 on one of the two names mentionned the Flyers want Markov but Mtl is offering Niniima.

http://www.spectorshockey.net/

Freaky Habs Fan 11-21-2006 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal (Post 7132880)
The rumor was Samsonov, Abby and a defensemen for Forsberg and Calder. This rumor was posted on spectors with a source but then it was removed from the site. They said philly wanted Markov but we were offering Ninny. Also Spector had a note saying that the Habs tried to trade for Calder last year in a deal involving Ribeiro but it fell through.

None of this comes from me, all from Spectors.

Interesting...I think it's safe to say that Philly will make a move really soon, and it's also safe to say that they will look for a goaltender.

Forsberg will be a UFA after the season (am I right?) and he's injury prone so he's not a player to build around at this point. On the other hand, he's the player with the most value so they might want to move him.

Calder is on the block for a while now so there's no surprise here.

We would be insane to trade Markov, but we might be ready to work out something. It would be nice for sure. A healty Forsberg would make us a contender for sure.

KnuklZ 11-21-2006 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydee96 (Post 7132843)
put ur radio on team 990 in 10 minutes..

im gonna call in and make up some ridiculous trade and say someone told me about it, then you can come back here and post that one too.

hey, you didnt call in yet :p:

znk 11-21-2006 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal (Post 7132880)
The rumor was Samsonov, Abby and a defensemen for Forsberg and Calder. This rumor was posted on spectors with a source but then it was removed from the site. They said philly wanted Markov but we were offering Ninny. Also Spector had a note saying that the Habs tried to trade for Calder last year in a deal involving Ribeiro but it fell through.

None of this comes from me, all from Spectors.

I wonder why philly would do that....:sarcasm:

Drive425 11-21-2006 06:52 PM

I just saw this rumour on Hockeytraderumours. Absolute BS, I would never trade Komosaurus.

To Habs-Morrison,Cooke,Chouinard,and a 2nd round pick
To Canucks-Samsenov,Bonk,and Komasarik

Jam Ninny and remove Komo and it's a deal! :sarcasm:

Seriously, someone says something and it gets blownout of proportion. I don't think it's a good idea to trade with Philly anyways...remember how the Habs got ***** the last time?? I know Recchi was the best player in the deal but losing Desjardins still hurts, not to mention Leclair.:banghead: :banghead:

KnuklZ 11-21-2006 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan (Post 7132936)
Interesting...I think it's safe to say that Philly will make a move really soon, and it's also safe to say that they will look for a goaltender.

Forsberg will be a UFA after the season (am I right?) and he's injury prone so he's not a player to build around at this point. On the other hand, he's the player with the most value so they might want to move him.

Calder is on the blovk for a while now so there's no surprise here.

We would be insane to trade Markov, but we might be ready to work out something. It would be nice for sure. A healty Forsberg would make us a contender for sure.

to be honest, I wouldnt even deal Markov for Forsberg straight up right now, considering his history with injuries.

CapsChemist 11-21-2006 06:55 PM

Guys sorry to burst your bubble but do you honestly think Aebischer is that much better then Nitty? Any goalie playing behind our d would look horrible. Flyers number one priority right now is to unload Hatcher/Rathje or get a young mobile defensemen

Freaky Habs Fan 11-21-2006 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnuklZ (Post 7132990)
to be honest, I wouldnt even deal Markov for Forsberg straight up right now, considering his history with injuries.

Me neither...Markov and Komisarek are to important for us. I wouldn't trade those two defenceman.

Freaky Habs Fan 11-21-2006 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alcoholyca (Post 7133012)
Guys sorry to burst your bubble but do you honestly think Aebischer is that much better then Nitty? Any goalie playing behind our d would look horrible. Flyers number one priority right now is to unload Hatcher/Rathje or get a young mobile defensemen

Well Aebi was pretty good so far. He had like one bad game and one so-so game, but after that, he was really good. The thing is that Huet is something else...he's top 5 right now. And a Aebi Nitii 1-2 punch would be better than Nitti and Eshe.

znk 11-21-2006 06:59 PM

This is probably why Spector pulled it from his site...
 
here is the snippet from Le journal de montreal.
Quote:

...When asked about about his intentions the Flyers GM simply answered "If things go as expected in our negociations we should announce something in the next few days."
The Flyers have an urgent need for a goaltender. In fact they need a bit of everything:Defensemen, a goalie, forwards to replace the lazy players. On that topic Kyle Calder wins the "Coco of the week" prize for his 0-3 stats in `7 games.....And he missed an optional practice last week. He hasnt played in the last 3 games.
No mention of the habs or players in any deal.

RC51 11-21-2006 07:00 PM

Does everyone realize,

Higgins Koivu Ryder
Latendresse Forsberg Kovalev
Prez Bonk Johnson
Begin Pleks Lapierre

could be the Habs lineup after XMASS, dreaming?

Sure, but Gainey is still hunting for that 2nd center, a good one and not just anybody. You just never know who he will land and for what.
The Fact that Gainey is not jumping at the first thing available, only leads me to believe that WHEN the trade comes it's going to be a doozer. A BIG trade not a tiny one. Hey I am still holding out hope for Lecavalier somehow.

Shabutie 11-21-2006 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alcoholyca (Post 7133012)
Guys sorry to burst your bubble but do you honestly think Aebischer is that much better then Nitty? Any goalie playing behind our d would look horrible. Flyers number one priority right now is to unload Hatcher/Rathje or get a young mobile defensemen

That's probably why you guys would want Markov... The flyers would be crazy to decline Markov, Aebi and Samsonov for Forsberg and Calder...but Gainey would be even crazier to accept. I think if we remove Markov and insert Souray, it sounds more fair/realistic.

Raider917 11-21-2006 07:04 PM

when is forseberg going to be a UFA again?

KnuklZ 11-21-2006 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alcoholyca (Post 7133012)
Guys sorry to burst your bubble but do you honestly think Aebischer is that much better then Nitty? Any goalie playing behind our d would look horrible. Flyers number one priority right now is to unload Hatcher/Rathje or get a young mobile defensemen

I think if Flyers were to trade away Forsberg, they should package him with one of Rathje/Hatcher in return for some good young mobile d-men. Philly should think about building a new core and add a new piece from trading Forsberg. Getting Abby, Sammy and some other fringe d-man is not going to help the Flyers achieve that goal.

From a Habs pov I'd say this would make them much better right away...

Le Tricolore 11-21-2006 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC51 (Post 7133057)
Does everyone realize,

Higgins Koivu Ryder
Latendresse Forsberg Kovalev
Prez Bonk Johnson
Begin Pleks Lapierre

could be the Habs lineup after XMASS, dreaming?

Sure, but Gainey is still hunting for that 2nd center, a good one and not just anybody. You just never know who he will land and for what.
The Fact that Gainey is not jumping at the first thing available, only leads me to believe that WHEN the trade comes it's going to be a doozer. A BIG trade not a tiny one. Hey I am still holding out hope for Lecavalier somehow.

lol, I like how the Koivu line is still line 1.

RC51 11-21-2006 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnuklZ (Post 7133084)
I think if Flyers were to trade away Forsberg, they should package him with one of Rathje/Hatcher in return for some good young mobile d-men. Philly should think about building a new core and add a new piece from trading Forsberg. Getting Abby, Sammy and some other fringe d-man is not going to help the Flyers achieve that goal.

Think again, Forsberg contract and Rathje/Hatcher contract?
Nobody has that money available, nobody.

Habsfan2992 11-21-2006 07:09 PM

Fresh from Spectors

HADLEYONSPORTS.COM: John Hadley reports Philadelphia Flyers forward Peter Forsberg will be dealt to either San Jose or Colorado within the next 24 hours.

Spector's Note: No word from Hadley as to which players could be going the other way. He usually has a pretty good track record breaking potential moves so this could be one worth watching.

Shabutie 11-21-2006 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NhlGuy (Post 7133129)
Fresh from Spectors

HADLEYONSPORTS.COM: John Hadley reports Philadelphia Flyers forward Peter Forsberg will be dealt to either San Jose or Colorado within the next 24 hours.

Spector's Note: No word from Hadley as to which players could be going the other way. He usually has a pretty good track record breaking potential moves so this could be one worth watching.

I don't see SJ going for Forsberg. They've already got 2 of the best nhl centerman and are very near the cap.

C-Saku Koivu MTL 11-21-2006 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnuklZ (Post 7133084)
I think if Flyers were to trade away Forsberg, they should package him with one of Rathje/Hatcher in return for some good young mobile d-men. Philly should think about building a new core and add a new piece from trading Forsberg. Getting Abby, Sammy and some other fringe d-man is not going to help the Flyers achieve that goal.

From a Habs pov I'd say this would make them much better right away...

And who would trade a good yound cheap mobile D-man for Forsberg and Hatcher. Deals like this won't happen anymore. Not in a cap world. Your not gonna get a top prospect (even more so if he is already in the NHL) for a soon to be UFA no matter how good he is and a huge salary dump of a player who simply can't play in the NHL anymore.

No teams would do this unless they are completly stupid.

Habs514 11-21-2006 07:12 PM

Imagine our line up.

Latendresse - Koivu - Ryder
Higgins - Forsberg - Kovalev
Perezhogin - Bonk - Johnson
Murray - Plekanec - Begin

:yo:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.