HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Questions for Timmins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=314839)

turnbuckle* 11-24-2006 09:14 AM

Questions for Timmins

I'm going to contact Timmins next week to get his opinions on some of this year's draft eligible prospects, but I'm also going to ask him about drafted Hab players, including some European players.

anyone have a specific question they'd like me to ask him? I'll take note fot he best ones and add them to my list. Hopefully he has time for all of my inquiries because there's lots to ask.

Perhaps Dan or another poster can clarify the new rule on European drafted players and how long they remain property of the team after being drafted before I ask Trevor about them. It would save some time for Trevor.

Who out of Eneqvist, Tarasov, Linhart, Mikkola, Anger, Korpikari, Buturlin, Korneev are no longer Hab property? I know Kim Staal is with Nashville now , and I assume Buturlin, Tarasov, Anger, and Mikkola are no longer Hab prospects.

The n00b King * 11-24-2006 09:15 AM

Are teh habs considering drafting Juraj Mikus 2??? :D

Louis Houde 11-24-2006 09:19 AM

I would like to know if he knows Juraj Valach from tri-city americans and how he thinks he is.

Also, i would to know his opinion on Keven Veilleux and Martin Ylven

Slew Foots 11-24-2006 09:24 AM

It's a fairly obvious question, and I'm sure it's what most wanna hear about: I'd like Timmins to share how confident he is about O'Byrne and/or Emelin being able to step in and play full-time in the NHL in 2007-2008. I'd like to also hear what he thinks of their ceiling potential, what their drawbacks are, etc.

We all know about our 3 UFA-to-be defencemen, so it's a pretty important question.

P.S.: Don't force too much information out of him...we don't want other teams' scouts to find out what he might pull out from his bag of tricks for the 2007 NHL draft ;) .

Artie 11-24-2006 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turnbuckle (Post 7157356)
Perhaps Dan or another poster can clarify the new rule on European drafted players and how long they remain property of the team after being drafted before I ask Trevor about them. It would save some time for Trevor.

Based on this, has the Habs draft strategy changed or will it change to drafting more players out of US High School programs where the draftes have time to develop before being eligible to back in the draft.

KaptainKourage* 11-24-2006 09:30 AM

Who will be picked 1st overall next draft

Also, what kind of work-out he do to have such a beautiful body ?

Whitesnake 11-24-2006 09:41 AM

Status of guys like Valentenko but mostly Korpikari, Korneev and Heino. Why do I have the feeling that we won't see those guys anytime soon and might forget them short term. I had a lot of confidence in Korpikari and even though he comes every year in camps, does he think he'll be trying the AHL or ECHL soon????

Just a whole picture of the european prospects, when they'll be coming in, who's where in the depth chart???

Thanks.

David_99 11-24-2006 10:14 AM

Is the consensis in the various NHL scouts depts. that drafting Russians this year might be higher risk because of all the trouble between the two leagues? If so, could some potentially higher picks drop and would he be willing to take a risk on them?

Evil Ted 11-24-2006 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaptainKourage (Post 7157542)
Also, what kind of work-out he do to have such a beautiful body ?

I just wana know how much he can bench.

Jeffrey 11-24-2006 11:31 AM

are we ever gonna see emelin in north america ???

Shabutie 11-24-2006 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Ted (Post 7158356)
I just wana know how much he can bench.

He was the fitness coach for Ottawa before becoming their scout. I'd guess anywhere from 250-350.

Papa_Bear_21 11-24-2006 11:59 AM

I was wondering whether the Habs were planning to make a bigger push to bring Emelin over next year.

As a secondary question, I was wondering what he thought of Duncan Milroy's development this year.

Thanks

turnbuckle* 11-24-2006 12:28 PM

Some good questions, thanks, although I don't think I'll be asking him about AHLers, not his domain. As for asking him who will go first overall, way too early, and he wouldn't tell me anyways I don't think.:)

coolguy21415 11-24-2006 12:45 PM

Will Montreal be drafting BPA regardless of organizational need? I know that there's always a margin where they might not quite take the BPA in order to satisfy an organizational need, but I'm wondering how much effect that has on draft-day strategy. (Timmins mightn't know the real answer, but might be able to generally comment).

WeThreeKings 11-24-2006 02:00 PM

With the recent success of Sergei Kotstitsyn in the OHL, what was it that caught your eye the most about his play?

Little Nilan 11-24-2006 02:47 PM

A few questions:

-What is the situation with Emelin, does he ever plan to come over to North America and will the Habs make the necessary efforts to bring him here?

-Mikhail Grabovsky seems to have been a late round gem, is this a stroke of luck, did they see him as a player with this much skill? If so, is he currently ahead of Kostitsyn?

-Ben Maxwell seems to be tearing up the WHL, is he a player who's skill will translate well to Pro Hockey? What attributes does he have to improve?

-In terms of offensive potential, what can we expect out of Lapierre and Chipchura.

Last but not least(not about prospects):

-Andrei Markov seems to have an impressive amount of hockey sense and smarts, do you think he'll improve even more then he already has?

pc_md 11-24-2006 02:54 PM

I'd like to know :

Where are the Habs planning to make Mikus play next year... In the Q as an overager or in the AHL ?

What he thinks of Wyman and Paquet's development, two prospects which are'nt well known by the hfboards community.

Quote:

As a secondary question, I was wondering what he thought of Duncan Milroy's development this year.
I'd really like to read the answer to this one ! Timmins has been commenting AHL prospects for years... I don't see why he would not answer this one...

Quote:

Based on this, has the Habs draft strategy changed or will it change to drafting more players out of US High School programs where the draftes have time to develop before being eligible to back in the draft.
Good one !

Quote:

Will Montreal be drafting BPA regardless of organizational need? I know that there's always a margin where they might not quite take the BPA in order to satisfy an organizational need, but I'm wondering how much effect that has on draft-day strategy.
The BPA question is always a good question... Ask him what is the organization weakness. If he answers first line center, then ask him the BPA question.

I forgot...

Ask him if a player caught his eye at the Remax Challenge.

MXD 11-24-2006 03:14 PM

Honestly, where would he beleived Guillaume Latendresse would fall in the 2005 draft. (not where did they had him)

Secondary question : Have they tried to make a deal to grab him a little earlier than they did? (I know they made a move to get him, but they went up like... 6 or 7 spots)

How come Cameron Cepek only played 5 games so far? (maybe someone can answer me on this one). NOTE : Found it, jaw injury, out indefinitely. BTW, his stats kinda blow...

Does he beleive that Jaroslav Halak could be the steal of 2003?

What's up with Korpikari?

tiredman 11-24-2006 03:28 PM

Have they ever tried to bring Alexander Buturlin over ? Is he still habs property ? If so, do they still have plan for him ?

turnbuckle* 11-24-2006 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pc_md (Post 7160490)
I'd like to know :

I'd really like to read the answer to this one ! Timmins has been commenting AHL prospects for years... I don't see why he would not answer this one...

Huh? I'd hardly say he's ALWAYS commenting on AHL players. He's in charge of amateur scouting and attends junior games almost nightly -he can't be everywhere at once.

Plus I can't keep him all day. After asking hinm about dozens of prospects in this draft and Hab prospects in junior and overseas, I'm not goping to have time to ask him about players he didn't draft and rarely watches. Those are questions more suited for Pierre Gauthier, who I also happen to have the number for. I'll get his opinion on Milroy and others when I talk to him.

Habitant#1 11-24-2006 05:26 PM

What is Kostitsyn missing in order to be a regular NHL player? Why is he behind in development compared to the other 2003 draftees?

goalchenyuk 11-24-2006 05:46 PM

Does the fact that Russia didn't sign for the drafting compensation ( i don't remember the exact way to say that in english ) is going to have an big impact at the next drafting ?

The drafting of the russian players seems to be more risky , because you never know if they are going to stays in their contry , now that they receive more money there .

montreal 11-24-2006 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turnbuckle (Post 7157356)
I'm going to contact Timmins next week to get his opinions on some of this year's draft eligible prospects, but I'm also going to ask him about drafted Hab players, including some European players.

anyone have a specific question they'd like me to ask him? I'll take note fot he best ones and add them to my list. Hopefully he has time for all of my inquiries because there's lots to ask.

Who out of Eneqvist, Tarasov, Linhart, Mikkola, Anger, Korpikari, Buturlin, Korneev are no longer Hab property? I know Kim Staal is with Nashville now , and I assume Buturlin, Tarasov, Anger, and Mikkola are no longer Hab prospects.

We lost the rights to Eneqvist, Tarasov, Linhart, Mikkola, Anger, Buturlin. Korpikari, Korneev, Sidyakin, Kruchinin, and Heino will have to sign this summer or we lose their rights, but that all depends on Bettman and Russia. We would already have lost the rights to Korneev/Sidyakin/Kruchinin this past summer but Bettman extended the signing period for one year due to the Russians pulling out of the NHL-IIHF contract. That contract ends this summer, so perhaps a whole new contract will get Russia's attention.

Korneev seems to be having a solid season this year and both Sidyakin and Kruchinin had breakout seasons last year. Kruchinin was at times paired up with Emelin and Sidyakin was among the top goal scorers in the RSL. But I doubt we see any of them ever.

That leaves Heino and Korpikari, who need to be signed. Would be great to know what the plans are for them.

The only other Euros are Emelin and Valentenko, but they both don't need to be signed until '08.

I'm interested to know what Timmins thinks our chances of seeing Emelin next year are.

HF-Addict 11-26-2006 10:48 PM

Are we next week yet? And if so, what would he say?

And if not, would be cool to know how they see Halak, Vokoun # 2 - late pick that ends up a good goalie- ?