HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   a look back at: (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=31494)

DRL 11-27-2003 10:59 AM

a look back at:

the famous tanguay/skoula-mclaren/lapointe trade rumors.

if this trade had gone down and each player was playing the same way as they are now, who would have won it?

take in mind tanguay has improved dramatically, while skoula has degressed significantly.

lapointe is playing solid, relatively injury free, have not heard much about mclaren so i dont know what to say on him.

thoughts?

Ajacied 11-27-2003 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRL
the famous tanguay/skoula-mclaren/lapointe trade rumors.

if this trade had gone down and each player was playing the same way as they are now, who would have won it?

take in mind tanguay has improved dramatically, while skoula has degressed significantly.

lapointe is playing solid, relatively injury free, have not heard much about mclaren so i dont know what to say on him.

thoughts?

I'd rank them like:

1) Tanguay
-
-
2) McLaren
3) Lapointe
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
4) Skoula

Either you prefer the sides which gets the best player (Tangs), or you take the side which is the most balanced (BOS).

It would have been a fair trade and it still seems as one IMO..

DRL 11-27-2003 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modano = God
I'd rank them like:

1) Tanguay
-
-
2) McLaren
3) Lapointe
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
4) Skoula

Either you prefer the sides which gets the best player (Tangs), or you take the side which is the most balanced (BOS).

It would have been a fair trade and it still seems as one IMO..

that's what i was thinking, skoula is so poor right now that the upgrade on d might make the downgrade on "O" worth it, since the avs signed kariya and selanne.

a kono-niko-lapointe 3rd line would be scary. as would the D.

although lapointe's contract would tip the favour in boston's direction.

how is mclaren doing in SJ?

Bruzin 11-27-2003 02:35 PM

I was all for this trade when it was first mentioned. I thought Tanguay would be a great addition to the young Bruins forwards. After Thornton and Samsonov, there really wasn't any one else who was relatively young with high potential (now there is Bergeron)

Skoula was an after thought in my mind. Since McLaren wasn't going to be playing for Boston ever again, it would be nice to have an NHL defenceman to take his spot.

However things have changed. McLaren was traded for Jillson. Jeff has played great for Boston so far. Better than I was expecting..a lot better. And Lapointe has been a huge help in the development of Bergeron. Patrice was (he might still be) living with Lapointe. And for the first time, Lapointe has been producing and playing like he was with Detroit. Before he was trying to justify his huge contract and getting himself injured too often.

I'm not sure if i would still do it today...but Tanguay is so tempting.

I've also been wondering how McLaren has been doing in San Jose. I haven't heard a thing. Is that good or bad?

andora 11-27-2003 03:37 PM

i would have jumped at that deal back then and i'd still do it now