HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What Gainey's plan is... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=31495)

habitants9_4 11-27-2003 11:02 AM

What Gainey's plan is...

I know from the very start Gainey's goal was to build a team around our future, and our 2 very talented goalies.

He said so himself, that in order to improve this team, he needs the players to gradualy get better. Basically once the players are doing really well, then they will be traded for their full value. Therefore a trade at this point will not happen. We all know this team is bad, and could sneak in the playoffs at the very best, but to build a contender....He needs to make not one, but several blockbusters.

We need a lot of things, I believe that the biggest one we need is for one of our prospects to break out and become a top 6 FWD. Ribeiro showed a lot of potential, but I think he would be more suitable for a 3rd liner who gets about 50pts/season. We need a Hossa, Hainsey, Komisarek, Plekanec, Balej, Kastsitsyn, Higgins or Perezhogin to break out, make this team, and get good.

Other than that we need hope, confidence. Gainey has seen the top potential of most of the players, and he wants that from them every game. We know we can win with confidence, and he is trying to get that through their heads.

Gainey knows so much, and my uncle who was once the Assistant GM of the Habs once told me the best GM you could possibly get is Gainey. This was long before he was a Habs.

Anyways, I just would like to see some confident fans, some confident players, and then that is when we will be able to start becoming a contender. If there is one thing for sure, that is that by the end of the season the Habs will be a different team. Within the next few years, we will be in the playoffs with a contender again.

If anything Gainey has proved that he is not reluctant to press the panic button, and will be patient. Knowing very well that one deal won't change it all.

Andrei Kastsitsyn* 11-27-2003 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habitants9_4
I know from the very start Gainey's goal was to build a team around our future, and our 2 very talented goalies.

He said so himself, that in order to improve this team, he needs the players to gradualy get better. Basically once the players are doing really well, then they will be traded for their full value. Therefore a trade at this point will not happen. We all know this team is bad, and could sneak in the playoffs at the very best, but to build a contender....He needs to make not one, but several blockbusters.

We need a lot of things, I believe that the biggest one we need is for one of our prospects to break out and become a top 6 FWD. Ribeiro showed a lot of potential, but I think he would be more suitable for a 3rd liner who gets about 50pts/season. We need a Hossa, Hainsey, Komisarek, Plekanec, Balej, Kastsitsyn, Higgins or Perezhogin to break out, make this team, and get good.

Other than that we need hope, confidence. Gainey has seen the top potential of most of the players, and he wants that from them every game. We know we can win with confidence, and he is trying to get that through their heads.

Gainey knows so much, and my uncle who was once the Assistant GM of the Habs once told me the best GM you could possibly get is Gainey. This was long before he was a Habs.

Anyways, I just would like to see some confident fans, some confident players, and then that is when we will be able to start becoming a contender. If there is one thing for sure, that is that by the end of the season the Habs will be a different team. Within the next few years, we will be in the playoffs with a contender again.

If anything Gainey has proved that he is not reluctant to press the panic button, and will be patient. Knowing very well that one deal won't change it all.

Yeah, that thing that makes me alittle sad is that theres little or no oppimistic(sp?) fans around here, it's just basicly "OMG WTF OUR TEAM SUCKZ ROFLMAO TRADE TEH DEADWEWD & PROSPECTZ FER TEH PRIMEAU & SUM BIG FOREWARDZ!!"

Haha ok i think im getting alittle big carried away here but what im trying to say is, most ppl predicted this would be a horrible year, and we all knew this coming in, so why are people panicing at this point when we are only 2 games under .500? We're doing better then some of us thought, but winning and rebuilding takes time.

I CANT WAIT FOR KASTSITSYN TO DAWN A HAB JERSEY!$@! *drools*

Don't worry hab fans, hold your head up high, be proud, our time will come!