HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Bring Koivu + Kovy (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=315073)

superstar436 11-24-2006 10:11 PM

Bring Koivu + Kovy

I was at work listening to the game. then my collegue comes to me to say that he thinks that Kovy is a waste which I agreed with him. then as soon as I finished my sentence " I think they should bring him with captain K because he played a whole year and had his best momens" I hear kovalev ...goal.

anyway, I think they should bring them together at least until Higgs comes because I always thaught that ur best players shoudl play together. at LW put ryder ( played on LW before and if notice he scored a good bunch from the left side of ice) or latendresse. Maybe latendresse to go into corners and in front of goals. Sammy and kovy don't get along that much because they hold on to the puck too much.

A second line of ryder ( shooter) + sammy ( speed + puck control) + pleks ( defence + speed + energy).

P.S I think we should try Mike johnson at cener because he did with the leafs for a year or 2.

psychonaut 11-24-2006 10:13 PM

+1
But I feel we been saying the same thing since we got him?? But him with Koivu then they do its works. Then we stop? I dont get it!

Calamari 11-24-2006 10:15 PM

I am also eager to see Kovy and Koivu back together, the most productive kovalev is when he plays with Koivu. Those look like 2 solid lines and i think it's worth a try, however i felt the sammy-plek-kovy line looked dangerous all game tonight.

ChemiseBleuHonnete 11-24-2006 10:58 PM

I also want to see Koivu and Kovalev back togheter.

HH 11-24-2006 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchise player (Post 7165267)
I also want to see Koivu and Kovalev back togheter.

+1

CH Wizard 11-24-2006 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habs911 (Post 7165272)
+1

+2

Goldthorpe 11-24-2006 11:05 PM

+1, and it actually make sense for the second line.

Remember when they played together during the playoffs three (?) years ago?

Le Maroons 11-24-2006 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superstar436 (Post 7164887)
P.S I think we should try Mike johnson at cener because he did with the leafs for a year or 2.

I don't think that's true, Johnson didn't even play center growing up. His first time playing center was last year with Gretzky.

I'm almost positive.

GlobalNews 11-25-2006 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Maroons (Post 7165330)
I don't think that's true, Johnson didn't even play center growing up. His first time playing center was last year with Gretzky.

I'm almost positive.

As a Habs fan in Southern Ontario, I can tell you for sure, that I've been to Leaf games where Johnson played center. He didn't quite split time between the two (RW/C) but i would say about 30/70. And this was well before Wayne Gretzky was a coach.

neopreneur 11-25-2006 12:41 AM

higgins-koivu-kovalev

:bow:

tinyzombies 11-25-2006 01:01 AM

I think it's a good idea, at least until Higgins comes back. Koivu looks a bit flat and so does Kovy. Why not see if they can pick each other up?

Habitant#1 11-25-2006 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neopreneur (Post 7165898)
higgins-koivu-kovalev

YES! :clap: :handclap: :yo:

superstar436 11-25-2006 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cue_meanie (Post 7165832)
As a Habs fan in Southern Ontario, I can tell you for sure, that I've been to Leaf games where Johnson played center. He didn't quite split time between the two (RW/C) but i would say about 30/70. And this was well before Wayne Gretzky was a coach.

CAn u tell us more
Demers said that he saw him play center and that he is better there than on the wings.

do u say the same or you have not seen enough of him to evaluate him while playing at that position

Marc Bergevins Suit 11-25-2006 05:43 AM

when kovy plays with captain k it seems he trys a bit more. They have pretty good chemistry and they are both playing great hockey right now. Carbo should give it a try.

VGTvidz 11-25-2006 07:11 AM

Last game, Koivu was still on the ice with Samsonov & Kovy, what happened?? BANGG kovy scored because of Koivu... Tonight during the 1st period, samething happened and they obtained a good chance... then during the OT, Carbo puts Koivu+Kovy and guess what happened, Kovy had a pretty nice pass on the winning goal... I mean, I'd rather have 1 very powerfull 1st line and 1 ok 2nd line then 2 average (1st & 2nd) line.

gars59 11-25-2006 07:38 AM

higgins-koivu-kovalev
Samsonov-Center-Latendresse

Ryder+souray vs center

chaosrevolver 11-25-2006 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gars59 (Post 7166807)
higgins-koivu-kovalev
Samsonov-Center-Latendresse

Ryder+souray vs center

As much as I would like to see those lines I dont want to trade Ryder, and we cant afford to trade Souray, as Markov has been playing bad enough hockey as it is.

THis would be our defence:
Markov-Komi
Rivet-Dands
Bouillion-Niinimaa:shakehead

Mikhail Grabovsky* 11-25-2006 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raketheleaves (Post 7166002)
I think it's a good idea, at least until Higgins comes back. Koivu looks a bit flat and so does Kovy. Why not see if they can pick each other up?

Yep, he(Koivu) sure looked flat tonight..:shakehead
Have you been watching the same games as me ?
Kovy maybe , but Koivu..not

superstar436 11-25-2006 08:04 AM

but we should not forget that Kovy says that he prefered to play with RIBS, which I think was a diss to Koivu because

he is the best center
the CAPTAIN
kovy was playing with him for a whole year

goalchenyuk 11-25-2006 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superstar436 (Post 7166876)
but we should not forget that Kovy says that he prefered to play with RIBS, which I think was a diss to Koivu because

he is the best center
the CAPTAIN
kovy was playing with him for a whole year

Hum ... not sure that it's what he said ; Was it not that " he likes to play with Ribeiro " and that " it gives 2 offensive lines to the team " .

I don't know exactly what was the words he used , but that it was more something like that .

Kovalev likes to be the " star " of his line and the one who controle the game . May be it was his problem when he was playing with Saku . But i don't think that he showed clearly that he prefered to played with Ribeiro .

goalchenyuk 11-25-2006 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikhail Grabovsky (Post 7166852)
Yep, he(Koivu) sure looked flat tonight..:shakehead
Have you been watching the same games as me ?
Kovy maybe , but Koivu..not

The two were good . Even Samsonov was more implicated , exepted that he was making giveaways all the time .

Mikhail Grabovsky* 11-25-2006 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# (Post 7166961)
The two were good . Even Samsonov was more implicated , exepted that he was making giveaways all the time .

Wow, Zambo you have impressed me this morning with your first ever koivu compliment...:p: :D

Slew Foots 11-25-2006 08:33 AM

Latendresse-Koivu-Kovalev
Ryder-Bonk-Johnson
Samsonov-Plekanec-Perezhogin
Murray-Begin-Dandenault

HomaridII 11-25-2006 08:39 AM

Thing is... Carbo hasn't been very willing to split up the Russians + I think he wants two balanced offensive lines. Against the Sabres he put Koivu between Samsonov and Kovalev late in the game and late in OT.

If I were him I would try this when Higgins comes back:

Higgins - Koivu - Kovalev
Samsonov - Plekanec - Ryder
Perezhogin - Bonk - Johnson
Latendresse - Begin - Dandenault

hab 11-25-2006 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neopreneur (Post 7165898)
higgins-koivu-kovalev

PERFECT.... a true no.1 one line, I have been hoping to see these three together, maybe it will happen. that line with sammy pleks and kovalev is just a joke, three pretty players on one line, thought it was stupid 10 games ago, and still do.