HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   OT: Congrats to the Rouge et Or!!!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=315346)

Whitesnake 11-25-2006 06:21 PM

OT: Congrats to the Rouge et Or!!!!

Well for a young team, to came up big like they did is awesome.

Tough conditions today, but the best team win definately. Just great defence was played today!!!!

Again Congrats!!! :yo:

phil 11-25-2006 06:58 PM

yeah congrats to Laval! There's gonna be a parade on the campus this week! :P

habs86 11-26-2006 01:10 PM

great game, beat my huskies so the better team did win :clap: :clap: :clap:

DicAnns 11-26-2006 08:50 PM

Am I the only one to hate the Rouge et Or?
They're right up there next to the Leafs on my hate list! :madfire:

Schenn02 11-26-2006 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DicAnn's73 (Post 7181050)
Am I the only one to hate the Rouge et Or?
They're right up there next to the Leafs on my hate list! :madfire:

I hate them as well. Okay I don't want to sound controversial here but like all of Quebec it seems, kinda embraced it as their team. My WLU Golden Hawks won last year but its not like all of Ontario supported em. J/w, thats *kinda the feel I get*.

Personally I hated both teams and wanted to see Sask choke again (reminds me of a team in the nations capital) so congrats Laval! I don't mind the CIS stuff, student athletes :bow:

MacHabs93 11-26-2006 09:31 PM

I think not enough people care about University Football to hate any team ...

Don't hate anyone as much as the Leafs, it'll never be as much fun :D

Habbadasher 11-27-2006 01:14 AM

I went to Laval for 3 semesters, and was on the swim team, so I am proud to see them do well. :yo: :handclap:

SOLR 11-27-2006 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stajan14 (Post 7181325)
I hate them as well. Okay I don't want to sound controversial here but like all of Quebec it seems, kinda embraced it as their team. My WLU Golden Hawks won last year but its not like all of Ontario supported em. J/w, thats *kinda the feel I get*.

I dont think thats true. Fans of all the other Quebec teams hate Laval as well. If ur talking about the general population, well the boys from Laval earned that respect because they proved they are winners. Laval is dominating in many other sports, so its no surprise that they can do it in Football.

turnbuckle* 11-27-2006 08:29 AM

That Benoit Groulx is quite the man. Coaches Gatineau to a victory one night, leads the Red and Gold to a national championship the next day.

Mathletic 11-27-2006 08:33 AM

Capitales, Remparts and Rouge et Or all champions this year

Whitesnake 11-27-2006 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles (Post 7183558)
Capitales, Remparts and Rouge et Or all champions this year

Really a great accomplishment. Though it's at a lower level, it's great to see Jacques Doucet, the old Expos' play by play guy finally described a championship run. And we have to acknowledge the Tanguay's exploit of their win with the Remparts and Rouge et Or.

For whatever reason, and I truly hated the Nords when we were playing against them, I can't hate those teams, mainly because in the end it is our province against an other province and evidently want Quebec to do well.

Maybe when the Carabins, god I hate that name...., be better I'll learn hating the Rouge et Or but until then I'm happy for them!